2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate 11/28 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate 11/28

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Very solid skate by Yu and Jin, but I found myself drifting off partway through their performance - not terribly engaging... Nice costuming though!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sort of strange spin error at the end. But 62+ TES is great. They should get the 115 they need to get into GPF.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Final spin was wonky and I think the side by side spins at one point they were a little off unison, but great skate for them, can't say the program is memorable for me though

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yu/Jin: Very good skate. Huge twists and throws, and the lift where he turns is just incredible. Just a forward lean and two-foot on the throw 3F, plus that final combination spin, hmm... :think: Season best score.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw two big errors by K/S. I still love that program though. They are going to GPF, so I hope they will bounce back there.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Rough skate for K/S - two falls, plus their spins need a lot of work! There were some really cool moments, like a couple of the lifts, but I'm not sold on this drama-drama-drama program yet...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cry: Kavaguti/Smirnov: Very rough start--she falls on the second 3T, and again on the throw 4S. They did a good job rescuing it at the end (the throw 3Lo and those amazing lifts!)... but ultimately the magic wasn't there tonight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, 21 points below their FS at Skam. They must've lost some levels too somewhere.

lady_bee

Medalist
Even with big falls, I like K/S's FP, very much.
Dark/heavy music suits them very well.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I like K/S's program. It has the potential to be very competitive when skated well. D/R also have the material to win the world title this year.