2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate 11/28 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Pairs Free Skate 11/28

Scovies

Final Flight
Are the Zayak rules the same for pairs are they are for singles? She just did three double toes in combination.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Not the best outing for Megan and Eric, but a solid enough skate, and I really like this program for them - a great improvement over last year's FS! Their SBS spins are always so impressive too. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Meagan and Eric struggled too today. But they have enough to win, I think.

apple123

On the Ice
The girl of Y/J is so pretty and has wonderful lines. I wonder if she studies ballet at some point. When they skate, all my eyes are on her. They do have the classic style.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Those throw jumps were just not there today for Meagan, they can still win with the huge lead from the SP but I wonder if they'll win the free now

I love Meagan starts talking right when she gets to the boards though, cute

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford: Another not-so-great skate. Fall on throw 4S, she doubled the first jump in the 3T-2T-2T combination, and then stepped out of the throw 3Lz (launch looked really wild).

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I'm watching the CBC feed, and it sounded like something happened to Meagan's boot when she fell on the 4S throw. She said it was really loose after that.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not home yet to watch but it sounds like drama!! :yay:

#Speedingdownthefreeway ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Huh. Surprisingly huge score for Duhamel/Radford. I think they deserved to win overall, but on the free I thought they looked even messier than Kavaguti/Smirnov.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Huh. Surprisingly huge score for Duhamel/Radford. I think they deserved to win overall, but on the free I thought they looked even messier than Kavaguti/Smirnov.

Looks like D/R managed to keep the TES score high despite the errors. It will be interesting to look at protocals.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Interview with D/R on CBC steam right now: Meagan says she likes skating in Japan, in Osaka. Eric says they did the best they could today, but they look forward to doing better in GPF. She reiterates this (that they'll try to skate the free better and land the 4S in Barcelona).

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I'm watching the CBC feed, and it sounded like something happened to Meagan's boot when she fell on the 4S throw. She said it was really loose after that.

You could see on her face after the quad that she's gonna struggle on the next element, Glad they finished it ok.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
sigh. why do they even bother to interview skaters? blah, blah, happy to be here, we did our best, will try to do better on next outing, etc. etc.