2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They're an imbalanced couple. And now they're trying too hard. And when you push that hard, mistakes can happen. Sometimes very bad mistakes. YMMV, and that's only part of what I think is happening with them, but the whole situation is bad bad bad.

adelia

Record Breaker
Whatever changes they made to the program between CoR and NHK they weren't comfortable with yet. She landed really hard on her right hip. I hope she is okay.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Well at the least the combination spin after was nice. Poor girl though, he fell on top of her. That definitely hurt.

That was not good! Everyone heard me yell out in shock! I hope they are okay!? He was so shaky at the beginning of the lift!

Barb

Record Breaker
Nikita looks so insensible, like he is worried about the scores and not if Victoria is hurt. I know this comment is predictable but he seems so !#$%#

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
WOW! That was scary. They started off on fire and were really doing well. I'm not a technician but it seems like he could have softened her fall a little. And what happened with the second lift? It seems she was ready to ascend and he backed off.

Yeah! I thought they really improved from Rostelecom, up until that lift.

She also wasn't in a very good descending position and seemed unsure - she was literally forcing her leg over his head and lost her balance sideways and fell. I think afterwards he was on the flat of his blade and leaned too far forward, caught his toepick, and fell, taking her with him. It was a pretty good recovery though. I worry she might have a mild concussion.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
On a lighter side, Kaitlyn and Andrew just yelled some encouragement for (other) Kaitlin and Jean-Luc :)

adelia

Record Breaker
Nikita looks so insensible, like he is worried about the scores and not if Victoria is hurt. I know this comment is predictable but he seems so !#$%#
You're reading too much into it. I think they are both just in shock.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's spins are so fast! They really keep the revolutions quick and sharp. And this program is beautiful, so light and airy. They both express Romeo and Juliet so well!

I don't usually like ombre costumes, but they make it work, which is big :biggrin:

bramweld

Record Breaker
True, I think they're just trying too hard too fast, they just need to step back and skate within their level and improve slowly. Did they really make significant changes in the program since COR? Isn't that sort of dangerous for a new team?

gmyers

Record Breaker
True, I think they're just trying too hard too fast, they just need to step back and skate within their level and improve slowly. Did they really make significant changes in the program since COR? Isn't that sort of dangerous for a new team?

They aren't even half the team of I/z. They don't work together. It's over.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Suggestions?

Shpilband? All of his girls always look really secure in their lifts.

I think though that their problem is mainly mental. He's certainly physically strong enough. She's a wisp of a thing. They need to trust each other more and not be so tense. Every movement of one of them needs to match the other, otherwise they'll never feel fully secure and tense up and overthink everything, which is dangerous (as we saw).

lmarie086

Medalist
Hawayek/Baker are enchanting. I've really become a fan over the last year or so, hope they score well here! I'd like to see they move up to a podium spot.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Speed speed speed. That's the biggest improvement I've seen in the H/B. Much much improved from Russia.