Post missing from the archives? | Golden Skate

Post missing from the archives?

Spirit

On the Ice
I bought Frozen Assets by Mark Lund at the 2003 US Championships here in Dallas (the only figure skating event I've ever been to, because I didn't have to travel for it). I read it almost immediately and posted a review of it shortly thereafter. My user name back then was Spirit889.

I have been back and forth through the 2002-2003 season archive and searched every way I possibly could, using every key word I can possibly think of. I can find a post in April 2003 in which I mention my review of a couple of months previously, but I cannot find the review itself! I know I posted it, it was long, and I know I have the time right. But it appears to be gone.

Am I going crazy?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure, but I can't seem to find a username for "Spirit889". Perhaps you posted it in another forum?

Spirit

On the Ice
I'd be very surprised if I posted it in another forum.

My user ID was "Spirit889" on the old EZ Board forum, where this message would have been posted. I changed my name to "Spirit" when I had the chance, because of the move. Were the message archives from the EZ Board forum moved over? They seem not to have been.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I thought we moved the old threads over here... but maybe not all of them made it through?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
During the transition, most posts made it through. The problem is that there is no user here by the name of Spirit889 - hence, no post... :confused:

Spirit

On the Ice
gsk8 said:
During the transition, most posts made it through. The problem is that there is no user here by the name of Spirit889 - hence, no post... :confused:

As I clearly said in my last post, "Spirit889" was the name I had on the old EZ Boards. Here is a Google cache of a sample page to prove that yes, it existed back then. When the boards moved, all users were given a chance to change their names and still keep their message counts and histories, and I took it. Spirit889 became Spirit.

A general search of the archives seems to support the idea that they go back only as far as the move from EZ Board. The first message appears to be "Welcome to the new site" or something like that, around August 2003. But I also thought the archives had been moved.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think what Paula was saying was that since you changed your name on this board the ezboard name didn't come through with the archives...