Nikita Katsalapov "I have nothing to comment" | Golden Skate

Nikita Katsalapov "I have nothing to comment"

Country
Russia
http://fsrussia.ru/news/541-nikita-katsalapov-mne-nechego-kommentirovat.html
Translated by me.

Russian ice dance couple Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV was 7th after NHK Trophy, Nikita Katsalapov comments after competition.

"I have nothing to comment. You've seen all. Horrible skating. Shame for this kind of skating, very much shame. I promise we will fight on, will do everything in our power to ensure that this does not happen again. Maybe me and Vika need to learn better understand each other, because ice dancing is a joint work. Apparently, we have not yet feel partner completely, and this is the main problem on which we will work after return to Detroit. Of course, everything happens in the sport, but I personally angered by such things, they are pushing me for further work, more hard and intensive work. Before the Russian Nationals we have enough time to fix a lot. At practice we skated the programs by parts, results were not so bad, but now we need to connect, collect these parts in whole programs. So we are not discouraged, we will continue, "- said Nikita Katsalapov.

Prepared by Tatjana Flade.

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
I had to say this is first real thing they or their coach said for themselfs. Should I be worried?:laugh: Even after CoR their coach find excuses such a Ruslan didn't change coaches so it is easier for him.:confused: Zoueva also said their marks are minimum they will get. But we all did know it was pretty overscored marks in home event. Nikita's words more realistic than Zoueva's interviews in summer and before/after CoR.;)

By the way do we know what Zoueva said after NHK?:popcorn:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
So his mistakes are a team mistakes. I'll wait when Vika makes a mistake and hear what he has to say about it. :sarcasm:

gmyers

Record Breaker
He needs to retire. Now its clear all the problems I/k ever had were because of him. Sinitsina needs to leave immediately.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I always say, you lose as a team and you win as a team ;) He gets so much hate I don't know why and I didn't even like I/K but he really doesn't deserve that hate, he is still an Olympic champion and bronze medalist.

Alba

Record Breaker
I always say, you lose as a team and you win as a team ;)

Indeed. So, that's why I want to see what he has to say when Viki will make a mistake.
Will it be a team mistake, or hers? ;)
I don't hate him at all. I don't hate skaters, that's stupid. But he is full of himself. Always has been.
I don't have a problem with big egos either, I love Grishuk :laugh:, but you have to support that ego with your skating not just talk.

Last edited:

peg

Medalist
At least he recognizes that they need to work more as a team. Hopefully his actions will back that up.

Alba

Record Breaker
At least he recognizes that they need to work more as a team. Hopefully his actions will back that up.

Yep. Much better than their own coach, which is absurd. :eek:hwell:

peg

Medalist
Yep. Much better than their own coach, which is absurd. :eek:hwell:

Based on what went down between Marina and Igor, I'm gonna guess that the concept of working as a team might not be Marina's strength ;)

sses1

On the Ice
Based on what went down between Marina and Igor, I'm gonna guess that the concept of working as a team might not be Marina's strength ;)

Exactly. And I also think Mariana isn't good with teams that just started out. You can't coach a new team the same as an established one and i admire her ambition but its kind of blown up in her face.

peg

Medalist
Exactly. And I also think Mariana isn't good with teams that just started out. You can't coach a new team the same as an established one and i admire her ambition but its kind of blown up in her face.
Very true. And her two most successful teams both skated together since they were kids.

peg

Medalist
I'm not sure. But in any case, both teams skated together well before they reached Juniors.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Didn't she coach V&M and D&W since juniors?

Yes, though I think for both it was toward the end of their junior careers (around 2005 or 2006?). The Shibutanis have been coached by her since they were juniors as well (right after their novice season).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Did he need to miss two lifts in one program to realize that they need to work "more as a team"? :hopelessness:

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks Peg and Mrs.P

Perhaps she is not used to that anymore, while used to win a lot. A learning process for her as well, perhaps.

peg

Medalist
Yes, though I think for both it was toward the end of their junior careers (around 2005 or 2006?). The Shibutanis have been coached by her since they were juniors as well (right after their novice season).

According to Wikipedia, V/M started skating together in 1997 and moved to Canton to train with Igor and Marina in 2003.