Who of you is going to Barcelona GPF 2014-2015? | Golden Skate

Who of you is going to Barcelona GPF 2014-2015?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I'm wondering how many of us are going to Barcelona GPF. Although it would be great to meet and exchange opinions in non-virtual reality, I assume those who go will be accompanied and already have their plans (sightseeing, shopping, etc.), but at least it would be nice to know in which part of the ice rink the Golden Skate Forum members seat :) I don't know if it's possible, but maybe we could prepare some sort of poster supporting all the skaters in the name of the Golden Skate forum members?

Anyway, I travel to Barcelona with my family and you can find me in zone 1, row 7, seat 232. And I just would love to at least wave at any of you from my seat :)

cynthia24

On the Ice
Hey
I have an all event ticket Zone 1 Row 1 seat 301!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:
I, excited. Do you know if the seat are close to the ice cause I can't find any pictures.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I, excited. Do you know if the seat are close to the ice cause I can't find any pictures.
zona 1 row 1 is the first row behind the VIP area. So you're behind this. How far away that is... who knows, but IIRC those VIP boxes had maybe three rows? So I'd imagine you're very close to the ice. ;)

Myself, got tickets for row 3 in zona 5 6-67 (third row behind the judges area). Very excited to be going. I love Barcelona.

Last edited:

Poice

Final Flight
Unfortunately I was not sure if i'll go or not...so I bought tickets much later than I planned :( Tickets - Zona 1, last row (lol xD) 247-248. I'm going with my friend. She's not into figure skating but she knows how much I love this sport (and some skaters :D) so she agreed to go with me :) This is my first trip to Spain so I'm very exited. I have tickets only on 13th, because of my work :( Anyway, I can't wait to see live Yuzuru (just for him I'm taking with me Japanese flag :biggrin:), Javier, Julia, Elena, Anna, Elizaveta, Elena/Ruslan, Chinese pairs (I love all three!), Piper/Paul, Gabriella/Guillaume - almost everyone :) It's going to be a wonderful weekend :)

Caustica

Final Flight
I'm going with family! Section: ZONA 5 6 - 67 - Row: F 10 - Seat: 42 is my seat

I'm so excited as well! This is going to be my first time watching any figure skating competition in real life. Quite sad that no Japanese ladies qualified, but I'm excited to see the Russian superstars, Javier, Tatsuki, I/Z. And the juniors as well! (Although I'm sad Proklova couldn't make it.) I don't know how I feel about Yuzuru because on the one hand I'm glad I can see him? And his amazing skating skills but on the other hand I feel terrified that he's going to suddenly collapse.

Anyway, I've also bought tickets for practice sessions so I guess I'm spending literally all my time at the rink. :p

YAAYYY!!

Ester

Rinkside
I'm going too, very excited. An event ticket. Zona 1 row 4 seat 242. Wave at me, Mohacz!:)

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Woohoo! I shall be there, travelling solo, Zone 6, F3, Seat 81, all-event ticket. So so so excited! This is my second time watching a figure skating competition- my first time was Skate Down Under, last year. Actually dying with excitement at the thought that I'll get to see the mini-Chinese nationals pairs battle, Liza T, Tatsuki, Yuzuru (hope he's ok!!!), Katilyn & Andrew, and I/Z live!!

It would be lovely to meet another GS-er in real life, too :) Ahh so much excitement!

Richie

Rinkside
Some more days and then off to Barcelona. Hopefully just as good as Bordeaux where the venue was very nice (not cold at all), the skating was lovely and it was great to meet and see/ have pics with lots of participants as they are so approachable. Checking out Eurosport schedule for next weekend doesn't look good as in Holland there is only shorts pairs and ladies live and that is it. Unbelievable. With our nice commentators Ivo, Jeroen and Haya that is a real pity. But I will see the live action in Barca.:cheer:

Upnights

On the Ice
I'll be in Zone 7, first row.
I went to the GPF in Quebec in 2011. Every competition I've been to has been super-fun, but the GPF was the best. Not only was the senior competition at the highest level, but it was the 1st time I got to see Jason & Joshua & Julia, who were all junior medalists. There are certainly some promising juniors among this year's qualifiers!
Plus, Barcelona is a beautiful & intriguing city!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just came back from senior Ladies and Men's practice sessions. Good fun, I had never been to a practice before, and I just didn't know where to look. :)

We almost didn't get it, though! Bad communication, people were not allowed to stay after I think 2 pm, so when we arrived a lot of people were standing at the entrance, because they were about to be thrown out! Finally they decided to let everybody go in and see te final two practice sessions, after all. Funny thing, because we didn't buy tickets in advance, and officially the practice session wasn't open after 2, we couldn't buy tickets anymore! But they let us in after all, good job organizers, Well done, you handled the situation admirably.

cynthia24

On the Ice
Hey, has anybody checked the visibility in row 1, is it good.i'm still a little bit nervous.
I will arrived tomorrow morning.excited!!!!thx

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Visibility due to barrier is okay, I think. Personally, I am more worried about the big cameras in the center near the judges are...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Oh, I left😟 I didn't know they'd let us stay! At least there are 2 more days of practices😀
Oh no, so sorry to hear that! Yeah, I guess they eventually realized they had no other choice. I'm not sure how long people had been standing there waiting? I guess I was lucky to arrive at a later time.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I'm going too, very excited. An event ticket. Zona 1 row 4 seat 242. Wave at me, Mohacz!:)

We'll be in the same zone, separated only by 3 rows, so if you see someone waving at you, that will be me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Having a great time so far, my seat turns out to be absolutely perfect, so happy about that.
The competition is a joy to watch, with some lovely surprises.
And I still find new places in Barcelona to visit. :)