Sergei Voronov | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I hope the work with Buttle & the fact that he already showed the programs at the closed test skates will have paid off, and he will be very prepared in Sochi.

On his FS: At first, it seemed to me that the program will be a little tedious. But I realized that Buttle clearly knows how to do it. He showed sketches told a story, which he tried to convey, and I thought it might get interesting.

Hope so..."tedious" is never a word I like to hear about a program! :drama:

adelia

Record Breaker
I read his interview regarding working with Buttle. I'm very curious. I guess I can tolerate Muse but I don't like Once Upon a Time in America. Hopefully though, the music cuts will be good.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Blocked in America...but this works:

https://vk.com/feed?z=video-97272391_171797237/125460748714ff54e3

I don't see a big shift in choreo from Jeff, but I like it. Now what is he going to wear? :laugh2:

Thank you! I like it a lot and what an interesting place to end the program. So many programs to take in today!!

This was a good choice of music in my opinion. I'm not a huge Muse fan but this song is a good fit and allows for the program to have its own character.

Undolaure

Rinkside
Hi there! I'm new in the Forum... weeell, not exactly new but this is my first post.
Sergei Voronov is my favourite skater so I would like to start posting here with you all if that's ok :)

I really like his new SP !!
I've heard comment like "this year, he's so boring.. blah blah blah..." but not for me... it goes in crescendo !!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hi there! I'm new in the Forum... weeell, not exactly new but this is my first post.
Sergei Voronov is my favourite skater so I would like to start posting here with you all if that's ok :)

I really like his new SP !!
I've heard comment like "this year, he's so boring.. blah blah blah..." but not for me... it goes in crescendo !!

Of course you can post here, the more the merrier. :)

I didn't see any comments calling him boring, yet. ;) There is bound to be some criticism, as there is for all of the skaters, but I personally really like what he showed at the test skates. It seems like a lot of people don't understand that a test skate is not a competition, and the whole point is for the skaters to show where they are at before the season officially starts, and get feedback to make changes if necessary. I try to look at potential, and I see a lot of potential here.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sergei will start his season at the Finlandia Trophy (not too surprising, since he seems to do it almost every year). Konstantin, Michal Brezina, and Adam Rippon will be his main competition...should be exciting!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yay...good start! LOL at his finishing pose right in front of Daniil and Petrov :laugh2:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well...I guess the shirt is ironic, because that's what being a hipster is all about.

Sergei came in 2nd to Mikhail Kolyada at the Cup of Russia. Kind of shocking...I'm guessing he popped a combo or something? But I won't panic, because he took a little while to warm up last season too. At last year's 1st stage of CoR, he earned 229.30, so his score was better here, but the competition was weaker last year. He even said then that he was ashamed of his performance.

Anyway, 2nd is still better than 3rd, 4th, etc.

http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/1etap/CAT004RS.HTM

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Well...I guess the shirt is ironic, because that's what being a hipster is all about.

Obviously it's ironic. I don't understand hipster very well though. Is it about the opium or the alternative music?

Sergei came in 2nd to Mikhail Kolyada at the Cup of Russia. Kind of shocking...I'm guessing he popped a combo or something? But I won't panic, because he took a little while to warm up last season too. At last year's 1st stage of CoR, he earned 229.30, so his score was better here, but the competition was weaker last year. He even said then that he was ashamed of his performance.

Anyway, 2nd is still better than 3rd, 4th, etc.

http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/1etap/CAT004RS.HTM

I'm not worried about that. It's very early. GP's are what counts.