2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Short Program 12/11 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Ladies Short Program 12/11

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched the Medvedeva's SP, and damn... she could probably lead the Senior SP. Her entry to the 3Lutz is really interesting, and I want to say smart(?). Since I'm unfamiliar with her and her programs, I thought she was setting up for a 3Loop, and that entry kinda forced her left blade to be on the outside edge the whole time, almost guarantee she will not get an edge call.

The layout putting all jumps in the 2nd half was kinda smart too, although I don't really like any programs to stack all jumps back to back to back (like Plushy's 2010 SP).
that unfortunate is not "true lutz", which has no counter draw into a "true lutz" jump, just to ensure an outside edge and not been called under current rules... it is a short-cut...

peg

Medalist
I don't normally follow juniors, but I just watched these, and I'm really impressed by how polished some of these youngsters are. They're far more than just jumping beans. Wakaba's musicality is gorgeous, and I really liked Sotskova's program too. I actually found pretty much all these girls to be more polished than Pogo and Radionova

Alba

Record Breaker
Great skate from all. I personally love Serafima's skating quality and performance.
Great skate today, but I don't like that tano on the lutz. I think it was completely unnecessary because I think it was an obstacle for her to have a better position in the air and landing/exit of the jump. :disapp:
Anyway, good luck for tomorrow girls. :cheer:

p.s. I do not agree that the quality of ID and Pairs in juniors is terrible. For ladies is much easier to get the tech elements. Same goes for men, more or less, since they don't have big jumps right now.
Pairs and ID are more difficult to master in couples. It's totally different, you can' really compare them.
Besides judges will not give them the same GoE's as to the senior skaters, and the technical panel in ID was tough as hell here. :slink:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
love love love evgenia since i saw her world jrs last year :love: such a lovely program and she executed it amazingly, she might be my fave russian girl seniors included, of course we never know whats gonna happen to her in the future, she is just so lovely and love her innocence
also love wakaba, her energy and command, she is so sure of herself, its like she dares you to watch her, its just my opinion of course :biggrin: , she knows she isnt gonna fall, so confident, yes she doesnt have that elegance yet but she is just 13
i love yuka too but i dont think her free is gonna keep her at the podium considering her PB
over all great sp from girls, but after the free its gonna change i tihnk, serefima is stronger than evgenia on the free, and sotskova and wakaba probably gonna fight for the bronze considering all will be clean ,i would like podium to be Evgenia, Wakaba and Sotskova though.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I think the "elegance" Wakaba showed in her SP performance is as good as Evgeni and certainly better than some senior ladies in this comp.
a polished style, appropriate for her music. And her great performance has nothing to do with how old she is and if just judged by the sophistication showed in this performance alone, you will never know her age.