Kirsten Moore-Towers vs Dylan Moscovitch: 2015 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Kirsten Moore-Towers vs Dylan Moscovitch: 2015 Skate Canada Challenge

lyndichee

Medalist
I agree MTM2 skated well, but I don't agree that the lifts don't look that bad. I could have balanced my wine on his butt during the first lift in the FS, and it wasn't the split entry one. If they can improve the lifts though, and pick some better music, I agree they have promise.

:rofl:

Those lifts still look bad for me. I would say work on harder technical content as well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I agree MTM2 skated well, but I don't agree that the lifts don't look that bad. I could have balanced my wine on his butt during the first lift in the FS, and it wasn't the split entry one. If they can improve the lifts though, and pick some better music, I agree they have promise.
Ah, see, I've found the trick to enjoying them: I just watch Kirsten. The guy she's skating with? His job is just to present her. :p As long as he gets her into the air without too much fuss (that split entry...) and doesn't look like he's gonna drop her, I can deal with it.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Anybody else find that Dylan looks refined and handsome in the new partnership? It was a nice surprise as I never consider Dylan good looking until this new partnership at nationals. I see real chemistry between him and his new partner, and they are exciting to watch. They have spark together. Best wishes for M/I!

beabstress

On the Ice
Anybody else find that Dylan looks refined and handsome in the new partnership? It was a nice surprise as I never consider Dylan good looking until this new partnership at nationals. I see real chemistry between him and his new partner, and they are exciting to watch. They have spark together. Best wishes for M/I!

Absolutely I do! In his previous partnership, he was the fun, quirky guy skating with the fun, quirky girl (and I loved that--don't get me wrong). Now he's more of the "leading man" presenting the lovely young lady, and it's working beautifully. I love watching Dylan and Lubov together.

Cantilever

Spectator
The judges certainly are not scoring KMT/M high. GOEs always fair with this couple and they have not been able to skate a clean program this season.
Does anyone find KMT looks like she either isn't in as good a shape this year or her legs are thicker muscle wise? I don't think this is helping with the lifts as Marinaro always looks labored with the lifts. At the Eric Bombard they narrowly avoided a lift fall in the short.

I also find the music choice of Cell Block Tango is extremely irritating. Sounds horrible with the "yelling" vocals.

I do agree that Dylan is consistent from where he was last few years ans his new partnerships is going well. Luba seems to struggle on jumps.

Will be interesting to see how these 2 pairs finish in the long today at 4 Continents.

gabriele

On the Ice
The judges certainly are not scoring KMT/M high. GOEs always fair with this couple and they have not been able to skate a clean program this season.
Does anyone find KMT looks like she either isn't in as good a shape this year or her legs are thicker muscle wise? I don't think this is helping with the lifts as Marinaro always looks labored with the lifts. At the Eric Bombard they narrowly avoided a lift fall in the short.

I also find the music choice of Cell Block Tango is extremely irritating. Sounds horrible with the "yelling" vocals.

I do agree that Dylan is consistent from where he was last few years ans his new partnerships is going well. Luba seems to struggle on jumps.

Will be interesting to see how these 2 pairs finish in the long today at 4 Continents.
I would agree with your observation re. Kirsten. It was on my mind too, especially after re-watching some of last years KMT/M1 programs.

I have next-to-no clue about the technical aspects, but enjoy watching I/M immensely. Dylan tweeted that they are happy with the short at 4CC.... they didn't look it in the K&C though. Can anyone in the know please explain. The score was about 5 points down from nationals, where the commentator said they are capable of more (than 65). So was this the national 'inflation' or underscored due to starting first or lack of international exposure?

Edit: Yes, both pieces of music KMT/M2 are somewhat unpleasant to listen to.

Last edited:

Cantilever

Spectator
Here is the scores breakdown from 4C below:

I/M missed the jumps i think with her 2 foot landing?
MT/M seemed clean but their GOEs always lower - weaker transitions, uneasy lifts, problem on camel spin for M, etc

Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN 60.13 31.76 28.37
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN 59.30 31.76 27.54

Interesting that they have the exact same technical score - how will the long unfold? I predict I/M will be higher

Interesting report in Toronto Sun after the short at Nationals about MT not happy with scores. She seems to be showing more attitude / sass this year:

The betting, however, was that Moore-Towers and Marinaro would seize one of the two pairs spots behind four-time Canadian champions Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford. After the short program, Moore-Towers and Marinaro were down in fourth, if by less than half a point. Moore-Towers kept her game face on in the kiss ’n’ cry but, backstage afterwards, stopping to scrutinize her extended marks on a TV monitor in the mixed zone, she blurted out: “What the f--- was that!”