2014-2015 JGPF Pairs Short Program 12/11 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Pairs Short Program 12/11

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Protocols are up on ISU website.

Apparently, Liu/Johnson got 2 points taken off for illegal elements/movements.... hmmmm what were they?

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN 59.22 video
2 Lina FEDOROVA / Maxim MIROSHKIN RUS 59.04 video
3 Maria VIGALOVA / Egor ZAKROEV RUS 57.41 video
4 Daria BEKLEMISHEVA / Maxim BOBROV RUS 48.61 video
5 Kamilla GAINETDINOVA / Sergei ALEXEEV RUS 46.59 video
6 Chelsea LIU / Brian JOHNSON USA 39.05 video

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
this is bias for real!!!!
Those boring Canadians won the SP with the most boring SP this season, their TES was lower than Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin, and their won the SP because of that no-one-can-understand programme scored a higher PCS than Lina/Maxim's sexy, beautiful and graceful "Feeling good"???????

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Those boring Canadians won the SP with the most boring SP this season, their TES was lower than Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin, and their won the SP because of that no-one-can-understand programme scored a higher PCS than Lina/Maxim's sexy, beautiful and graceful "Feeling good"???????

I like the program, personally. But I'm a Wes Anderson fan...

TheGothicEme

On the Ice

I can't see anything related to Grand Budapest Hotel
And because of that, I can't figure out what is going on on the ice, why did they get PCS higher than Lina and Maxim? if Lina and Maxim didn't skate clean, I can understand, but they scored a higher PCS than the Canadian. SO... again... WHY?:confused:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I can't see anything related to Grand Budapest Hotel
And because of that, I can't figure out what is going on on the ice, why did they get PCS higher than Lina and Maxim? if Lina and Maxim didn't skate clean, I can understand, but they scored a higher PCS than the Canadian. SO... again... WHY?:confused:

De gustibus non est disputandum. :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
It's really close anything can happen in the LP. And to be honest neither of the Russian pairs are the soup yet. I especially don't like Lina's stroking. I think the third pair has the potential to be more striking with better programs, right now though she is pretty young.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's really close anything can happen in the LP. And to be honest neither of the Russian pairs are the soup yet. I especially don't like Lina's stroking. I think the third pair has the potential to be more striking with better programs, right now though she is pretty young.

What do you mean by "soup?"

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

They basically have the same score. I personally liked S/B less than F/M, and still I have to say S/B were very good, smooth and their BV was higher than F/M. F/M got deservedly bigger GOE bonus.
Kinda agree about 'boring' part though :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What do you mean by "soup?"

It means that the team's elements aren't fully cohesive or together, i.e. a complete package. Or i.e. they still need to grow as a pair.

Didn't mean to speak for you bramweld; I like that term..

TheGothicEme

On the Ice

afraid not. :slink:
I think we can say that the Canadian will win this event, if they skate clean, of course.
The third pair do have a good FS, but, I don't think it's enough, last year, they placed 3rd in SP, 1st at FS, and 2nd overall. It might happen again.
I like Maria and Egor's FD by the way, and Lina and Maxim's too.
And I think that the Canadian's both programmes are boring, unless if they win because of the TES, I can't see how can the PCS get them to the 1st place, if that ever happen.:bang:

bramweld

Record Breaker
It means that the team's elements aren't fully cohesive or together, i.e. a complete package. Or i.e. they still need to grow as a pair.

Didn't mean to speak for you bramweld; I like that term..

You got it right.;)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was an enjoyable competition. It's virtually a tie between first and second, personally I would have F/M in the lead as I preferred their programme. I am surprised to see that S/B beat them on the PCS side. Based on the JGP this season, I have the Canadian pair the favourites to win. It will be interesting to see if the Russian couples do SBS Triple jumps.

I liked the style of the other two Russian couples, mistakes on the TES side but the presentation and interpretation was very nice.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
She skated as a single skater in the normal Grand Prix and as a pair skater here? Has anyone else done that in the same season?

Similarly impressive:
In 2011, Ashley Cain competed both in the JGP and the GP -- although without qualifying for the JGPF.

As a junior lady:
ISU JGP Brasov Cup 2011 Junior Ladies 5 USA
ISU JGP Volvo Cup 2011 Junior Ladies 6 USA
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_cr_00012260.htm

As a senior pair with Joshua Reagan:
ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2011 Pairs 6 USA
http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_cr_00012262.htm

His of course. Big. Fake. Mustache :hopelessness:

It needs to go! Weird!!

Bilodeau's mustache was the real deal, BTW. Not a fake.

@ISU_Reporter
@BiloCharlie "(on the moustache) I grew it for this program because the character in the film has one. Tomorrow it's gone."
10:05 AM - 11 Dec 2014
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/543104358876188672

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker

Me too. I don't think it's boring, I think it's different, sweet and has little touches that remind me of the film. Both 1 and 2 teams were excellent; it truly is a question of different strokes :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I liked S&B program actually. I didn't see anything related to Grand Budapest Hotel either but the program was good.
F&M have a cool program, with cool elements and transitions, but the canadians SS are better.
They have more speed and are more smooth. They do work better in unison, and as a Pair.
Besides F&M finished behind the music and that sbs Biellmann spin, although impressive, it was poorly executed.
Great element for the future though, and I love that entrance into the twist.

In anycase, the difference it's very small in terms of points. I would've given to the canadians something more.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Bilodeau's mustache was the real deal, BTW. Not a fake.

@ISU_Reporter
@BiloCharlie "(on the moustache) I grew it for this program because the character in the film has one. Tomorrow it's gone."
10:05 AM - 11 Dec 2014
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/543104358876188672

OMG. He wore them fake during their JGP events. Really cool that he decided grew real mustache for their SP at GPF. I wonder if he'll shave them for their FP :biggrin: