Mao Asada's Best Performances | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's Best Performances

chezzu

On the Ice
Nope, I actually like the Caprice dress too! Her exhibition dresses are definitely much better than most of her competitive ones :p

bebece

Rinkside
well actually errrrrr I'm a bit guilty for liking some of TAT costume
especially her swan lake feather dress, the one she wore at world 2013
i thing she looks magnificence in it than in her first swan lake dress that looks rather simple

n all her agony tango costume, which she had alot, it even looks like she wear something different for every competition
she looks really beautiful in it even the rose dress

ChristineChew

Rinkside
1.Por Una Cabeza
2. Nocturne 2014
3. Liebestraum
4. Rach 2

Lori gives her lots of comfortable style and Tarasova gives her something so popluar used by skaters to special to herself.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Just saw her Sochi LP again for the first time in a while. I don't even really care about the URs... She essentially did a 3A, a 3F-3L and a 2A-3T. Under the old judging system, for technical merit that would have received 6.1's across the board.

gotoschool

Medalist
Nope, I actually like the Caprice dress too! Her exhibition dresses are definitely much better than most of her competitive ones :p

Here is the latest post of Mao's Caprice performance in HD from The Ice

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mao+asada&filters=week,hd&lclk=hd

I'm glad you think Mao should have gotten straight 6.0's in tech for her Sochi LP under the 6.0 system, CanadianSkaterGuy. 6.1's would have been technically impossible wouldn't it? Hopefully, one day you will like her artistry, emotion and / or step sequence in the program as well.

Last edited:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Just saw her Sochi LP again for the first time in a while. I don't even really care about the URs... She essentially did a 3A, a 3F-3L and a 2A-3T. Under the old judging system, for technical merit that would have received 6.1's across the board.

The difficulty, the sophistication, the execution, the artistry...

Timeless.

JayW

Final Flight
The difficulty, the sophistication, the execution, the artistry...

Timeless.

Yes, her Sochi LP is a masterpiece! I held my breath from the very beginning to the end during her perfomance. It still touchs me every tim I watch it.

Franklin99

Medalist
Of course the 2nd one. The long sleeved lilac crystal beaded sheer stunning gorgeous exquisite costume.:biggrin:

Yes, the long sleeved Liebestraum dress was puuurrrrfection. The details on that outfit were exquisite and stunning. The other two were too modern and nice but blah at the same time.

Mafke

Medalist
I've never been an Asada fan but her Sochi LP was easily the best skate of the night.

The only ladies LP that added up to more than the sum of the parts (the current judging system doesn't really reward that kind of thing unfortunately).

Alchamei

Record Breaker
It was an amen that this performance happened for Mao. You know, I wasn't able to apreciate her skating. I compared her to Yuna. I didn't hate her, didn't leave any rude comments uder her videos, I simply didn't care.

At Sochi, I was so happy when Yuna led... And I hadn't watched any figure skating at that season till then, didn't know all the names and couldn't regocnize all the jumps correctly. I simply enjoyed the skating. When Mao had her disastrous SP, I was suprised but again, I din't care.

The next day, I read an article hat she was going to attempt eight triple jumps in her FS. That was unexpected, but then again I crae more about the final group... Mao skated lat in her group. I knew what she wanted to do. However, I didn't belive her and expected her to fell down the rankings.

And then she began. I liked the music since the beginning. She landed the 3A. The first and the hardest jump. But that wasn't all. She did the 3F-3Lo. Amazing. She seemed rather timid to me, that she didn't emote that much. But then she stopped after the camel spin and looked up to the sky... I'm imagining. Her face. Oh, that was so emotional and beautiful.

Maybe she didn't have the most diffucult choreografy for the next seconds... However, she began to land all of her jumps. I remember my feeling before the final 3Lo. She might do it, she might do it! Go! And she did. She did and then she did nice combination spin. And after that, the most epic step sequence ever! I couldn't breathe. She ended the program with a pretty spiral. And when the music stopped playing, she began to cry... I wasn't even close to crying at that time, but when I watched the video on Youtube, I cried many times.

The final 3Lo was the sign of victory. That she landed that eight triples and each of kind as the first and only. That she made a huge comeback. That she finally managed to pull of one of the greatest performances I'd ever witnessed. And persuade me she is one of the greatest.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Here is the latest post of Mao's Caprice performance in HD from The Ice

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mao+asada&filters=week,hd&lclk=hd

I'm glad you think Mao should have gotten straight 6.0's in tech for her Sochi LP under the 6.0 system, CanadianSkaterGuy. 6.1's would have been technically impossible wouldn't it? Hopefully, one day you will like her artistry, emotion and / or step sequence in the program as well.

Oh I meant she was so technically superb (especially compared to previous skaters who got 6.0 for technical) that it would have been merited, even with the URs. I do like her artistry too - especially her footwork sequence. In a sense I'm glad she didn't get to go to Turin because she could have easily won and then retired then and there and we wouldn't see her turn into the skater she is today.

The most striking thing is the contrast between her SP and LP. After such a heartbreaking SP she had such confidence in her Sochi LP.