Russia’s Tuktamysheva back in rhythm | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russia’s Tuktamysheva back in rhythm

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
anyone planning to throw another broccoli plushie this time in Barcelona? how about a carrot? corn, anyone? :laugh2::popcorn:

lyndichee

Medalist
I thoroughly agree. This season is re-establishing herself as a favourite and with Asada/Kim/Kostner gone, there's a wide open field for whoever is the most artistic/refined skater in the field (seems like Wagner at the moment... although IMO Murakami should be up there too... and Radionova's perfect skates are rightfully giving her top-tier non-Olympic year PCS).

At this point, Tuktamysheva's confidence should be incredibly high. She needs to just skate solidly as she's been doing this year and she'll likely podium at Worlds, and even is a fave to win Euros. With those accolades checked off, THEN she should consider attempting the 3A more in practice and 3Z+3T (which at this point I think is unnecessary, and beyond her ability to be consistent at this point in time... no point messing around with what's working for her at the moment and her 3T+3T gets good GOE which I don't think she'd get on her 3Z+3T which would be much riskier).

Wagner kills me, her expression is great on ice, just her technique is very lacking. I feel like Eliza's program this season aren't good enough to establish her artistically yet. Bolero is a little overused IMO, same with POTO for Kanako. Eliza's confidence is high right now but currently I think her goal is to pass 200 points. She has great technique and I'm hoping to raise her scores for Worlds and Euros she maybe adds a 3Z to her combo. I think it might be possible depending on her performance/confidence level from GPF.

As for the 3A...no rush :biggrin:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Liza's been my favorite lady this season, by far. Not sure she has the technical prowess to out-perform someone like Radionova on a good day, but I suppose anything is possible given what we've seen up to this point.

Yulia seems to be struggling with consistency this season and I see that continuing into the Grand Prix finals and beyond.

Anna and Ashley will probably be near the bottom of the pack.

All considered, I expect to see Liza no lower than second in the finals.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Other than a slightly flawed triple Lutz in the short, she skated two solid programs! Congrats to her!