2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21 | Golden Skate

2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I came to make my predictions, I was surprised to see quite a few of last year’s podium finishers are not entered this year.

We all know why our Ladies Champion is not defending her title (Vale is competing in Pairs with Ondrej Hotarek). But where is the silver medallist, Francesca Rio? Has she retired? Is she injured? Has she switched to pairs and is now competing in a different country?

In contrast, the Men’s Champion is back to defend his title, but neither of the other podium finishers from last year are entered. Which is a great shame, as it was a great battle between the three of them.

I read on Wikipedia that Parkinson has retired and gone home to Canada to study. But, they do not have anything about Bacchini. Although, given that he will be 30 next August, I suspect he has also retired.

In Pairs, we only have last year’s silver medallists competing. We all know that the champions have split (Hotarek dumped Stefania Berton, and teamed up with Ladies Champion Marchei). But, where are the bronze medallists, Giulia Foresti / Luca Demattè?

Pairs will be very interesting. When looking through the Bios, I was astonished to find that Marchei / Hotarek have a higher PB than long-time Italian number 2 team della Monica / Guarise!

When I saw Vale and Ondrej at the Warsaw Cup, they were a mess in their SP. I was predicting that the partnership would be short-lived. So, they must have had some transformation by the time they reached the Golden Spin, where they set the PB!

But, despite this, I am still putting my faith in Nicole and Matteo.

I have long rated Ekaterina Riazanova as a very good Ice Dancer, but with a new partner, new country, new opposition, etc., I think it is too early to expect great things. But, given what they have done with previous partners, I still expect her and Simone to get the bronze medal.

Really hope somebody will find a livestream, as I really enjoyed watching it last season.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Francesca Rio has retired recently, because of injury and in order to pursue her studies.

Source: http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/16247 (in Italian)

ETA Bacchini and Zandron are injured.
Foresti/Demattè split.

Thank you for the info.

It is a shame that Francesca Rio had to retire through injury, but it sounds like the timing was right for her in terms of her life outside of skating. May I wish her all the best with her studies, and with life in general.

And all the best to Paolo Bacchini and Maurizio Zandron in their recovery from injury.

You know, I have a feeling I saw Luca Demattè's name in an entry list for a different National Championship the other day, but I can't remember where. Or with whom.

But, there again, I might just be imagining things!

Any idea what Giulia Foresti is up to? Has she got a new partner?

By the way, I have posted a comment in the French Championship thread explaining what overlaps there are between the French and Italian Championships on Saturday.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I really wanted to see Paul Bonifacio one more time. I loved his fighting spirit and joy in skating at the Olympics.
But good luck to him in his studies.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still no sign of an Entries/Results page. :disapp:

BUT, I've found the livestream page!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://fisg.idealweb.tv/live/

It all kicks off in 5 hours time (13.15 CET / 12:15 GMT) with the Ladies SP.

Now that I know that France and Hungary are being archived (and the fact I enjoyed Italians so much last year!), Italy will probably be my main focus today!

Can't wait!!! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No video streaming? No youtube channel? Really excited for the top three ice dancers.

There is. I posted the livestream link this morning. It's 3 comments above your comment.

Still no sign of an Entries/Results page. :disapp:

BUT, I've found the livestream page!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://fisg.idealweb.tv/live/

It all kicks off in 5 hours time (13.15 CET / 12:15 GMT) with the Ladies SP.

Now that I know that France and Hungary are being archived (and the fact I enjoyed Italians so much last year!), Italy will probably be my main focus today!

Can't wait!!! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The ladies competitions Will start in a moment! There is also Miki Ando with her daughter

Ach! I was finishing my dinner and missed Miki. :bang:

Is anybody else finding the picture a bit jerky, or did I have too many windows open? (I was hedging my bets by having the Hungarian and French streams open as well)

EDIT: I've closed the other windows and it wasn't so bad when Bresanutti was waiting for her scores, but it is jerky again now that Olivotto is on the ice.

Maybe it's that particular camera?

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What's going on??? I just lost my picture???!!!

it's gone back to the way it was before the coverage started.

Arrrrgh!!!! :mad:

EDIT: No need to panic, it's come back.

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi CaroLiza-Thanks for the live stream! I am going to try and see if it works for me.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Alice Luccisano :love:

Loved the idea of the routine. Loved the look.

HOWEVER, it was not a great skate. Only 23.14 points - that's 20 behind current leader Bressanutti!

It is always a risk when you use a piece of music that has become associated with another, more successful, skater. Because you always end up being compared to them.

But Alice had the double-whammy in that her piece of music has become associated with TWO successful skaters - Adelina and Akiko.

And in this case, it didn't work for her.

CaroLiza_fan