Shoe Jumping? | Golden Skate

Shoe Jumping?

Gipson

Rinkside
I've finally gotten around to reading The Lutz Corner and saw some mention of shoe jumping. I must admit that I have done some shoe jumping in the past then switched to barefoot jumping since I didn't want to ruin my shoes or socks :) but I've never taken any figure skating lessons or even been on the ice! So I'm wondering now if there are any other non-skating shoe jumpers out there or if I'm the only weirdo :laugh:

sarahmistral

On the Ice
what are you WAITING for?!?!?!

Gipson said:
I've finally gotten around to reading The Lutz Corner and saw some mention of shoe jumping. I must admit that I have done some shoe jumping in the past then switched to barefoot jumping since I didn't want to ruin my shoes or socks :) but I've never taken any figure skating lessons or even been on the ice! So I'm wondering now if there are any other non-skating shoe jumpers out there or if I'm the only weirdo :laugh:

Get thee to a skating rink, Gipson---skate, skate, skate, it's the ONLY way, my child:laugh:

I do skate, but I also try jumps, which I can't do on the ice yet, on the ground in shoes.

Cheers,
Sarah

icenut84

Final Flight
Just a note - if you practice jumps on the floor, make sure you "hop" the landings.

Gipson

Rinkside
sarah, I know... if only rinks weren't such a chore to get to I probably would have tried skating by now :)

and thanks icenut for the advice!