I'm going to be a published photographer! | Golden Skate

I'm going to be a published photographer!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This week has just been looking up and even more up!

One of my pictures of the Kenai River will be published in the 2005 edition of Driftwood. A Local publication put out by the college... that is going to go nationwide with the new issue! YEAY!

Oh, wow, that's so cool. Is the picture up on your web site? Is it as good as the snow scene with the telephone wires?

Mathman

Johar

Medalist
Cool! Good job! You are in a small elite group.

Getting a photo published isn't easy; my online buddy is a professional horse racing photographer who works very hard for his money. The camera equipment costs $$$ and he is constantly running around trying to find the perfect shot.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Oh, wow, that's so cool. Is the picture up on your web site? Is it as good as the snow scene with the telephone wires?

Mathman

even better IMHO... just because I hated the fact that the telephone wires were even in the dang picture...

I'm trying to find where I have the picture set up... and then I'll edit it into the thread

edited to add: ok... my net connection is just too slow to deal with uploading I guess... my parents are so cheap when it comes to the net :p

anywho anyone who wants to either help me out by hosting and posting the photo or who just wants to see the photo will email it to you, just PM me with your addy! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations, Toni! That is definitely quite an accomplishment. And as probably one of the few people on the forum who has actually been to Kenai (can I say it was before you were born, lol?), I'm sure the photo is stunning. I will never forget the drive along the Cook Inlet to get to Kenai and Kenai itself. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer in Alaska (only a moth) and that since then I haven't been able to go back.

Keep up the photography, Toni. You obviously have a good eye and your surroundings are a goldmine.
Rgirl

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations Toni! (and rgirl, I am another who has been to Kenai, if only as a stopover on the flight back to the lower 48 from Kodiak. My husband was there quite often though. And he brought back pictures (not as expert as yours, but enough to show!) Good luck!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

I almost missed this - been busy and not online.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

It's always exciting to get published. And the first seems the best. So, when can we expect to congratulate you on your Pulitzer??? ;)