Pang and Tong Making a Comeback?!? | Golden Skate

Pang and Tong Making a Comeback?!?

BounceAround

On the Ice
Someone over at the GPF pairs thread mentioned that Maxim Trankov commented that Pang and Tong are returning for 2015 Worlds and already have 2 programs. Does anyone know anything more about this rumor? :)

Alba

Record Breaker
Someone over at the GPF pairs thread mentioned that Maxim Trankov commented that Pang and Tong are returning for 2015 Worlds and already have 2 programs. Does anyone know anything more about this rumor? :)

If Trankov said that must be true. My god, he is such a gossiper. :laugh2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
PLEASE!!!!! I loved them!!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2:

Mind you, China has a good selection of pairs teams to choose from at the minute. Hey, they have 3 very good teams in the GP Final, after all! So it would be bittersweet to see some of them miss out in favour of a couple that have already been World Champions a couple of times.

You sure Maxim wasn't just messing about, being mischievous?

Because that's what it sounds like to me.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Maxim Trankov pretty much got it all right about the splits and changes that would happen in the discipline. He either has good inside info (which is plausible) or he's mocking us (which is also plausible) :p

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's really time for P/T to retire if this report is true. China doesn't need them anymore now that have reloaded their Pairs teams. Plus they are not getting any younger. Weren't they planning on getting married after the Vancouver Olympics but went for another 4 years and put off their wedding?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
At the risk of pissing off the fans of other teams: I'd love to see a Pang/Tong + Peng/Zhang + Sui/Han at Worlds. Assuming V/T don't come back, I think one of these teams will podium (with one of the Russians/Canadians making mistakes).

It sounds too crazy to be true, so maybe it's just Trankov having April Fool's in December. But since Worlds is in Shanghai, maybe Pang/Tong want to participate? (Or the Chinese Fed are pushing them, since their current pairs aren't quite pulling the needed PCS).

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly I hope they aren't actually coming back. They are one of my fave pairs teams OF ALL TIME, but it really is time for them to move on to the next stage in their lives and stop risking injury.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
As much as I love them I think they should really just retire and let the other pairs go to Worlds, they have 4 very promising senior teams right now, it would be better to let them go to Worlds and accumulate more experience for the next Olympics

kinoriH

Final Flight
At the risk of pissing off the fans of other teams: I'd love to see a Pang/Tong + Peng/Zhang + Sui/Han at Worlds. Assuming V/T don't come back, I think one of these teams will podium (with one of the Russians/Canadians making mistakes).

Who told you V/T aren't coming back?

Alba

Record Breaker
Maxim Trankov pretty much got it all right about the splits and changes that would happen in the discipline. He either has good inside info (which is plausible) or he's mocking us (which is also plausible) :p

That's why I said it must be true. He told us everything right after worlds. :biggrin:

Anyway, I love P&T, but I agree with other users. They should let go.
China has 3 strong teams and they aren't getting any younger.
Anyway, if that's their wish.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Their Olympic Skate which they had in Sochi was a dream.
The routine to 'I dreamed a dream' was everything I love about Chinese Pairs.
I really hope this is a rumour because they finished strong. In saying that, if they are ready to go, it's their choice

Alba

Record Breaker
Their Olympic Skate which they had in Sochi was a dream.
The routine to 'I dreamed a dream' was everything I love about Chinese Pairs.
I really hope this is a rumour because they finished strong. In saying that, if they are ready to go, it's their choice

I loved their SP most. Maybe because of that wonderful music. :love:

HermioneG

On the Ice
Maxim Trankov said he saw Pang-Tong in Novogorsk and he knows they worked with Nikolai Morozov on two programs. So I think he has a reason to think they want to compete at the WCh.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
To play devil's advocate; it would be ironic if they come back and don't make it. I know we should say everyone should do want they want and let the best team win but I kind of wish a lot of skaters would follow those Disney song words - LET IT GO!!!! I know mean and some will say let the best team win if they are the best etc etc etc. On the other hand what if Pang and Tong at the start of their competitive careers experienced the same thing - a senior team trying to milk a few more years out bumped them out of a spot at world's - how would they feel?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Maxim Trankov said he saw Pang-Tong in Novogorsk and he knows they worked with Nikolai Morozov on two programs. So I think he has a reason to think they want to compete at the WCh.

Was Trankov told that P/T will come back to compete or was he making an assumption? They could be choreographing show programs.

HermioneG

On the Ice
Was Trankov told that P/T will come back to compete or was he making an assumption? They could be choreographing show programs.
He told about programs for competitions from Nikolai Morozov and said they want to compete at WCh which is in China. If I can doubt in second part, I'm sure he knows what kind of programs they worked on.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Thanks for all the information, everyone. I think that it's great if they just want to compete one more time on home ice.

noskates

Record Breaker
I hope they aren't coming back!!!! Their time is past. Let someone else move in.

yqs100

On the Ice
its impossible!!

P/T is in the States to get treatment on Jian's knee injury

btw, I doubt V/T will come back this year......