KFC runs out of chicken. Was this a joke? | Golden Skate

KFC runs out of chicken. Was this a joke?

Johar

Medalist
Last summer I placed an order at KFC for chicken and was told they were "completely out of chicken." It wasn't a holiday or even the weekend.

Have you heard of a KFC running out of chicken?

My voice doesn't sound like a child's voice--someone suggested maybe they thought I was a child pranking them.

Strange.

Last edited:
:laugh:

I ordered a burger at Burger King, at the drive-in window. After I paid and got up to the second window to get my order, they said, "We're all out of burgers, do you want chicken or fish?"

Mathman

SusanBeth

Final Flight
WWAAAAY back when, I worked at Arby's. We actually ran out of roast beef. A new manager had under-ordered. By the time the mistake was caught, there wasn't much left that wasn't frozen solid. We had to scramble and borrow both cooked and thawed beef from other stores. We were only without beef for a couple of hours, but the manager never lived it down.

Johar

Medalist
SusanBeth said:
WWAAAAY back when, I worked at Arby's. We actually ran out of roast beef. A new manager had under-ordered. By the time the mistake was caught, there wasn't much left that wasn't frozen solid. We had to scramble and borrow both cooked and thawed beef from other stores. We were only without beef for a couple of hours, but the manager never lived it down.

Were customers grouchy over it? I've worked in restaurants before and some throw fits if something from a menu isn't available.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Customers that were grouchy, seemed to be grouchy no matter what you did. I had a customer who kept sending his sandwich back because the beef wasn't spread out evenly enough over the bun. Another was irate because there was BACON in his club.

The majority of customers were a little stunned but didn't fuss. They were more amused than mad.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
We ordered Greek take out this evening for dinner and they were out of Feta for the salad and even worse NO BAKLAVA:cry:

nysk8r

Rinkside
When I was nine my mom and I went to Pizza Hut for dinner only to be told they ran out of pizza... I guess it was just a hut that night :p