I finally got eyeliner tattoo--OUCH! | Golden Skate

I finally got eyeliner tattoo--OUCH!

Johar

Medalist
After messing up the schedule I finally made it to Indianapolis courtesy a friend.

I was brought back to a room and sat in a reclining chair, much like a dentist chair. A cute doctor came in with a nurse and he took a swab to my lids, top and bottom. Miserable sensation. He proceeded to give me at least three shots (to numb the eyes) to each eye in the eye area(base of lid, outer and inner courners). They hurt REAL bad. Normally, I never so much as flinch when getting a shot but I yelped out loud with these. I wanted to pass out! The nurse gave me a squeezy ball and I put it to good use. But I was at the point of no return. Just when I thought the shots were over he came around to my left side and gave me another one in the eye area. I could feel the needle tap a nerve. OUCH! But I was at the point of no return.

Eyes numbed and barely open, I walked upstairs and went into a pleasant room and lay on my back after going over colors of tattoo eyeliner. After choosing one she turned on the buzzing tattoo gun and went to work with my head tilted to the right. and Rod stewart singing jazz in the background. The sensation varied from very uncomfortable to painful. The painful was like scraping a wound. My eyelids bled some as she went along, which was normal. I kept my eyes open allowing her to move the lid as needed.

By the time she finished my 2nd eye, the numbing sensation had worn off some and it was getting too uncomfortable. She asked if I wanted the liner a bit thicker and I declined. Maybe if it didn't hurt so much I would've gone for it. But yikes, it was hurting too much by then.

My lids are sore and bruised, the eyes watery and gooey(normal) but thank goodness that is over! If I do this again i'm going for the IV drip. I'm pain tolerant, too, but this experience was quite painful.

Beauty can come with a price.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Who has tattoos?

Johan’s last posts about having eyeliner tattooed on made me wonder who in the forum has tattoos. In Southern California tattoos are very popular with the young people. Male and female alike will cover their arms and backs with massive tattoos. By the way, I think too much tattooing is repulsive. I have Winnie the Poo sitting with a balloon. I guess you could say that it is located on my upper inner quadrant of the gluteus maximus. What do you have? Where do you have it?
Daniel and Little Lulu

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Rod stewart singing jazz in the background

Those FIENDS! Are there no depths to which they will not sink? Surely, the pain from the tattoo was as much as anyone could stand? ;)

Reading your post had me wincing in sympathy. There's no way, I could have gone through it.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Please excuse my last post. I meant to start a new topic.
Daniel and Little Lulu

Johar

Medalist
SusanBeth said:
Those FIENDS! Are there no depths to which they will not sink? Surely, the pain from the tattoo was as much as anyone could stand? ;)

Reading your post had me wincing in sympathy. There's no way, I could have gone through it.

I've never cared too much for Rod Stewart before, but his jazz was beautiful! He should stick to jazz.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the end result what you wanted and suffered for?

Dee