maxim marinin interview on FSU | Golden Skate

maxim marinin interview on FSU

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I guess it's okay for Marinin not to be wanted for his good car or fat wallet but for his true qualities, but at the same time, he's allowed to pick his woman by the superficial criteria of how thin she is and how willing she is to run to the gym or salon because someone is thinner or has "better hair". :laugh:

soogar

Record Breaker
At least he's honest about his feelings. I notice that top male skaters like Scott Hamilton tend to marry beautiful thin women. I'm pretty sure Todd's girl is really good looking as well (or at least has a hot body).

Also he's right about American women being obese. The statistics don't lie.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Eh, it's not just Americans. There was a Russian guy in some of my French classes and he was always comparing European women to Russian women unfavorably because, apparently Russians buy into that whole hoochie-momma thing. He was always going on about high heels, lots of make-up, sexy dresses as if it was some big ideal. The European women in the class just used to :rolleye: . If they did dress like that, cars would probably stop and ask them "How much for an hour baby?" :laugh:

Evdokia

On the Ice
hockeyfan228 said:
Bhe's allowed to pick his woman by the superficial criteria of how thin she is and how willing she is to run to the gym or salon because someone is thinner or has "better hair". :laugh: [/B]
Hey, he is a sports, in his case, I can pretty much understand that he doesn't want a couch-potatoe as his girlfriend, but prefers somebody, who likes to move and take care of her body. :p

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Evdokia said:
Hey, he is a sports, in his case, I can pretty much understand that he doesn't want a couch-potatoe as his girlfriend, but prefers somebody, who likes to move and take care of her body. :p
I didn't say he should be any less superficial about the women he chooses. I pointed out the hypocrisy of wanting a woman to be any less superficial when choosing him.

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
hockeyfan228 said:
I didn't say he should be any less superficial about the women he chooses. I pointed out the hypocrisy of wanting a woman to be any less superficial when choosing him.

I don't see the hypocrisy here. The way I read it, he didn't want a woman to like him for what he HAS (car and walllet), but more for what he IS. Picking a woman or a man because of physical beauty is not the same thing than picking them because of their material possessions. Beauty it's part of what the person is and let's face it, it is important. I'm not saying it's everything, obviously it isn't, but yes, physical beauty always appeals to you.

At least he's honest and doen't say "I don't care about the looks, I just care about the personality" :rolleye: