Just the Skating-your favorite Programs or Skaters for this season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Just the Skating-your favorite Programs or Skaters for this season

lefeury

Rinkside
Ladies: Leonova SP, Wagner FS, Liza FS Mens: Javi SP, Machida SP and FS, Brown FS
Pairs K/S FS, D/R FS Dance: P/C FD

Last edited:

yuki

Final Flight
Ladies SP: Kanako Murakami, Yulia Lipnitskaya
Ladies LP: Satoko Miyahara

Men SP: Yuzuru Hanyu, Denis Ten, Javier Fernandez
Men LP: Shoma Uno, Tatsuki Machida, Takahiko Kozuka, Misha Ge

Pairs SP: Sui/Han
Pairs LP: Kavaguti/Smirnov

Ice Dance SD: Hurtado/Diaz, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Shibutani/Shibutani
Ice Dance FD: Papadakis/Cizeron, Coomes/Buckland

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me it's simple.

For the ladies:
Both Yulia's and So Youn's Romeo and Juliet are my favorite programs to watch. Though Yulia has turned it into a bombing test ground I can see the subtle beauty and flow she has attained in each moment. So Youn has skated this program pretty well this season minus a few hitches but the mood she captures is what I come to look for in a program. Well put together and with a soft understated purpose. Neither of these girls has moments of "look at me" but rather they simply emote through their skating a sense of "look at how beautiful this moment is". Both have found two completely different ways to present this program and have remained true to who they are. That is special to see.

Evgenia's FS is amazing on so many levels. Two completely different moods captured within one program and sold with 100% conviction. The moment she goes from "demon girl" and awakens back as "the princess" the way she extends her arm just before that turn sells the entire program for me. It's the climax so to speak and there is nothing fancy pants CoP about it. This is a very cutting edge modern skate that is heavily influenced by a classical feel. Bravo! :clap: Most interesting skate to watch IMO.

Men:
Machida's FS is wrought with OTT drama but his skating for some reason really stands out to me. Especially the step sequence where he does very interesting things with his weight(body and momentum) and interesting edge work.

Jason Brown's FS is also full of wonderful transitions and the way he uses his body to accent the lines before and after jumps really is great to see. His steps are done with intent and feel which is not easy to achieve.

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Order of preference:

1. P/C - Mozart
  2. K/S - Manfred Symphony
  3. Radionova - Rach 3
  4. Ge - Umbrellas of Cherbourg
  5. W/P - Four Seasons

jimeonji

Final Flight
Ladies
Miyahara SP & LP
Nagai SP
Wagner LP

Men
Machida LP
Kozuka LP
Uno SP
Abbott SP & LP
Chen LP (not sure about his SP, will have to see how he performs it at Nats)
D Ten SP & LP
Dornbush LP
Rippon SP & LP

Dance
P/C FD
I/Z SD
H/B FD
Coomes/Buckland FD

Pairs
S/H SP
Y/J LP
W/W LP
P/Z SP
K/S LP

Last edited:

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Misha Ge's FS, Josh Farris SP, Shib's SD, Hubbell and Donohue SD/FD, Duhamel and Radford SP/LP, Tuk SP/LP, Murakami SP, Abbott SP/FS (this FS is going to be a knockout when it's skated perfect and to its full potential). Calalang/Sidhu's SP, Aaron's LP to Gladiator (although I wish they would rework the choreography or something it could be so much better), Dornbush FS, Javi's SP/FS, and Ten's FS. Oh and say what you want but there's something I love about Reghini's SP.:confused2:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How could I forget Satoko's FS :bang: The skating is inspiring throughout.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Men:
Fernandez SP
Machida SP/LP
Voronov LP

Ladies:
Tuktamysheva LP

Pairs:
S/K SP
S/H SP
P/Z SP
K/S LP

Dance:

P/C LP
W/P LP

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I totally forgot to add Brezina's SP to game of thrones. Suuuper cool. His costume is great, the music fits him, the program is engaging. I actually would like the European Podium to be Fernandez, Vornov, Brezina...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not many this year.

Dorbush's LP at Lambardia trophy
Javi's SP at SC

Yet to be skate to their potentials:
Denis's LP
Abbott's LP
Hanyu's both programs.

Ladies
So Youn's Romeo and Juliet LP

Kanako's SP
Miyahara's LP
Alena's SP

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
1.Machida's LP
2.Yuzu's LP, Liza's both SP and LP
3.Denis's SP, Machida's SP, Stolbova/Klimov SP, Anna Pogo's LP

thedybbuk

Rinkside
Men:

Hanyu SP
Amodio FS
Sadovsky FS

Ladies

Tukt SP
Lipnitskaya SP
Sotskova FS
Murakami SP
Nagai SP

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Favorite men's program has to be Fernandez's short.

For the ladies it's definitely a tie between Radionova's and Lipnitskaya's SPs for completely different reasons, obviously. My favorite free skate has to be Liza's, though there's something visceral about Ashley's that I like as well. Sakhanovich's FS is an utter guilty pleasure; I die for the second half when she gives supreme face.

Pairs - Stolbova/Klimov's FS, without question. Just might be my favorite program of all this season.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Tatsuki Machida - SP & FS
Takahiko Kozuka - SP & FS
Denis Ten - SP & FS
Jeremy Abbott - FS
Shoma Uno - SP
Yuzuru Hanyu - SP

Satoko Miyahara - SP & FS
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - SP & FS
Ashley Wagner - FS
Julia Lipnitskaya - FS
Yuka Nagai - SP

Stolbova/Klimov - SP
Sui/Han - SP

Papadakis/Cizeron - SD & FD
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin - FD
Weaver/Poje - FD

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
Gracie SP
Yulia SP
Evgenia SP
Kanako SP

Elena FS
Satoko FS
Ashley FS

Javier SP
Yuzuru FS

Duhamel/Radford FS
Weaver/Poje FD

and

Shibs EX :love:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Ice Dance: Papadakis/Cizeron FD, Hurtado/Diaz SD
Men: Javier Fernandez SP/LP :love:cute factor
Pairs: Duhamel/Radford LP Pure spectacle, I miss Robin Szolkovy though bc nobody will be like him :-(
Ladies: Joshi Helgesson SP, Nicole Schott's LP ;-)...personal reasons...

I love Hanyu's skating skills and jumps he is the best, but I hate A.L. Webber music! Why, oh why Brian Orser, did you choose that awful music? ;-) perhaps the Japan FED did.....I noticed a lot of Webber around with Japanese skaters this season....nah, bleh, simply not mine.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I love Hanyu's skating skills and jumps he is the best, but I hate A.L. Webber music! Why, oh why Brian Orser, did you choose that awful music? ;-) perhaps the Japan FED did.....I noticed a lot of Webber around with Japanese skaters this season....nah, bleh, simply not mine.

Yeah, no more POTO, please...

I simply cannot take it anymore.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yeah, no more POTO, please...

I simply cannot take it anymore.

It makes me laugh.
All the Skaters in Japan using this music said the same thing.
"I heard Phantom when I was young, and I always wanted to skate to it. Now's my chance."
Someone's been brainwashing them when they were children. :laugh2:

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Javi's short, Jeremy's short, Ashley's long (from the GPF) and Kavaguti and Smirnoff's Long...which is my favorite program of all disciplines for the year...