Have you ever thrown gifts for skaters on ice before? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Have you ever thrown gifts for skaters on ice before?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Do skaters go through all their gifts themselves or do they have other people sort through them? Haven't seen a competition in person yet and thus haven't thrown anything--I'm just curious.

I do know a skater who told me that she put one of the gifts on her desk, next to her bed and it remained there for several years and also traveled with her.

;) too many winks, my eyes feel so sore, but this is a serious question, I know your only intention is just to bug me, so please leave me alone will ya.:p
is it okay to throw used stuffed animal, seriously?

I agree with Golden here ;)

Athletes need to be very careful, so anything that doesn't look "safe" might not even get to them (at big ISU events at least, where skaters are not allowed to collect stuff themselves).

I still find the idea cute.

salchowx4

On the Ice
It's fine to throw a used stuffed animal if it looks clean. Again, most stuffed animals get donated, so if it's in good enough condition for that, it's OK.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I thought the gift throwing at GPF in Barcelona was hilarious. I saw one of the volunteers in the nearby supermarket buy two large bags full of small stuffed animals to throw onto the ice!

Also, I dare say 1 out of every 3 gifts thrown from the audience on the judges' side ended up in the judges area. :laugh: The judges were not safe there!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Accurate aim lol and picked up his toys .

Sometime I wonder why don't they have something that can just sweep these items so that it cleared the ice faster and does anyone scan the ice before the next skater skate to make sure that all items have been cleared?

Last edited:

owl

On the Ice
I do know a skater who told me that she put one of the gifts on her desk, next to her bed and it remained there for several years and also traveled with her.
Wow, that's so nice! I would love for that to happen with my future gift(s), but that's unlikely, haha.