Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014

cleo2070

Final Flight
The things is that Moscow is +3 hours difference with Italy

:think: I think it's just a 2 hour difference, since Moscow is UTC+3... Anyhow, looking forward to catching some glimpses myself over Christmas :cheer:

Thanks AlexRus for posting this handy schedule well in advance!

xabia

On the Ice
Hola

I can't remember if sportbox.ru was geo-blocked. But now that we have all discovered Hola, there shouldn't be a problem even if it is.

CaroLiza_fan

I'm an old timer and not very tech-savvy! Is Hola safe to download?:unsure: Has anyone had problems with it?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Do anyone know if Tiffany Zahorski/Jonathan Guerreiro will be competing in Dance?

Welcome to GS, Azoriano! Post long and often. Z&G competed at and won one stage of the Russian qualifiers. At the time, I asked AlexRus who knows all things about Russian competitions, whether that qualified them for Nationals, and I think he said it did. However, without the Entries list, one can't be sure whether they will choose to compete or not. It appears that the French federation has no intent to release Tiffany ever, a position that seems particularly dog in the manger-ish, considering that there is an all Russian couple competing as French! And that the Russian fed released Marina Anissina to France back in the day.

luvsasha

Final Flight
I can't remember if sportbox.ru was geo-blocked. But now that we have all discovered Hola, there shouldn't be a problem even if it is.

CaroLiza_fan

I'm an old timer and not very tech-savvy! Is Hola safe to download?:unsure: Has anyone had problems with it?

I use Chrome, so I just added it as a free app. I haven't used it much, but since I didn't really download anything, I'd say it's safer than some of the other stuff I've used to watch skating.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hola is just a plug-in for the browser. Safe enough. It's the websites that host the videostreams you should be worried about. I wouldn't go near them without proper plug-ins installed in the browser for blocking ads, pop-ups etc.

MalAssada

Medalist
And of course, don't download anything ;)

Yes, sportbox is geo-blocked. Set Hola to Russia and enjoy the competition!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
:hijacked: I can't believe Russian nationals compete on Christmas day...weird! Good luck to everybody!

MalAssada

Medalist
:hijacked: I can't believe Russian nationals compete on Christmas day...weird! Good luck to everybody!

Someone mentioned they celebrate Christmas in January in Russia because of their calendar. I'm not complaining, at least I will have the entire day to watch :laugh:

Azoriano

Spectator
Thank yoy dorispulaski for the information. In Portugal Figure Skating unfortunatly is not talked in the news.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I'm beyond excited for the ladies! So much talent is really a blessing and a curse :drama:

The predictions game is gonna be super fun :rock:

xabia

On the Ice
Thank yoy dorispulaski for the information. In Portugal Figure Skating unfortunatly is not talked in the news.

I don't think it's a news item in most countries, except Japan and Russia (and to a lesser extent, the US). Where I live it's only mentioned at the Olympics - and then only as nostalgia for a past long gone - namely Bolero, and Torvill & Dean. Just like when England won the (soccer) World Cup in 1966. Both references clichéd and boring! However everyone loves "Dancing on Ice" - a celebrity show similar to "Strictly Come Dancing" - both of which I simply cannot watch. If the public love watching trash why don't they appreciate real skating??

Alba

Record Breaker
However everyone loves "Dancing on Ice" - a celebrity show similar to "Strictly Come Dancing" - both of which I simply cannot watch. If the public love watching trash why don't they appreciate real skating??

I agree with you. I hate those programs too, and I can't understand why people would love those programs so much and not the skating competitions.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I agree with you. I hate those programs too, and I can't understand why people would love those programs so much and not the skating competitions.

They don't demand any knowledge, they are based on "sensations" and they are trendy. Skating competitions are not trendy :p

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No, I just found 6 links at sportbox.ru and have no idea if they show more. Well, for me the only one which is really missing is Men's FP.

The men's link in your first post takes me to a page that is showing the FP on Dec. 26. It's the SP that seems to be missing. And pairs SP, too.