Bobrova and Soloviev miss Russian Nationals | Golden Skate

Bobrova and Soloviev miss Russian Nationals

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It is interesting, we'll see how they will face Papadakis/Cizeron, Cappellini/Lanotte, Coomes/Buckland and the other Russians with programs that are "new" for the international judges :think:

bramweld

Record Breaker
They are pushing them way too hard. This is simply a year of rebuilding for Russia. Their prospects look GOOD. All they have to do is be patient. But this is a virtue the Russians seems to lack.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'm just going to BAWL like a little girl :cry:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sad for them, I was looking forward to their new program. :( I'm glad they're being careful with his injury, it's more important that he recovers. I hope they can go to Euros.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm just going to BAWL like a little girl :cry:

I know. Was looking forward to their programs. But here's the issue why aggravate his injury? No one has seen their FD right? The Ravensburger (sp?) waltz will not be easy, trust me. They have nothing to lose, simply call it an off season, heal completely. Come back with a bang next season because you know you already have a great FD. The Russian FED just gets on my last nerve :disapp:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I know. Was looking forward to their programs. But here's the issue why aggravate his injury? No one has seen their FD right? The Ravensburger (sp?) waltz will not be easy, trust me. They have nothing to lose, simply call it an off season, heal completely. Come back with a bang next season because you know you already have a great FD. The Russian FED just gets on my last nerve :disapp:

Why do you think RW will not be easy for them?
I actually think RW suits them just fine. Not sure why. But their Golden Waltz (from Chess) was absolutely adorable, despite some critics from this forum say.

And I think it's VERY possible for them to miss this season completely.

elif

Medalist
Last week I read they will push hard for skating but Soloviev only returned full training two weeks before nationals. There is no point to push that hard. They are clearly on the team and russian number 1.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well... The Fed probably wants them at Europeans to test their programs before Worlds. It seems like they're still Russia's best bet for a Worlds medal.

uhh

Medalist
Not just a medal, the Federation need them at Worlds to keep 3 spots for next year, because would you really trust that any combination of three from I/Z, M/K, S/B and S/K could place high enough? And they wouldn't want to send them straight to Worlds without going to another event first - remember they had to miss Worlds last year, so they haven't competed since Sochi, and it would be a lot to ask them to come straight back after over a year away from competition.

It's good not to rush back just for Nationals, and considering that he's already been back on the ice since the start of December, they should have plenty of time over the next month to be ready for Euros.

Poice

Final Flight
That's really unfortunate.... :( I like them and wish them all the best! They're quite lucky that there is no clearly number one ice dance team in Russia right now.

Macassar88

Medalist
Such a pity! Hope to see them healthy soon!
The good thing though is that this gives Ekaterina a lot of time to work alone on her posture and skating skills, so it cold be a blessing in disguise in the long run.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I asked this before, but would the feds give them a spot at Euros / Worlds even if they missed nationals?

The next question is: who will become the new national champs? I/Z look good after the GPF, M/K and S/B both performed very well even though they didn't make it. S/K appear to be struggling.

Wishing Dima a speedy recovery.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I/Z will win Nationals, I think. S/K are a mess, and M/K + S/B have their own issues (plus not enough PCS).