4. Stephanie CASAGRANDE / Georgii CHERNISHOV
  5. Mei ITO / Kokoro MIZUTANI
  6. Kei NISHIMURA / Kentaro SUZUKI

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And we have :bang: for those who have a need to hurt their virtual head. That takes thebplace of hair-pulling ;)

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I'm just passing by, but with regard to JpN ice dancing teams: Kana Muramoto/Hiroichi Niguchi is the newest team, they just paired up this year. They were actually assigned to Tallinn Trophy earlier this month. Though they didn't make it to the podium, their 4th placement with the total of 127.74 was actually higher than Emi Hirai/ Marien De la Asuncion's NHK final total (112~ish). I believe Muramoto/Niguchi pair was cleared for minimal TES. But just like Kozuka, the pair has also been assigned to the Winter Universiade 2015 by JSF. So there's probably no harm to place them higher.

Decision, decision, decision! Should I ignore my gut and go with reasoning? We know how gut and reasoning work here right?:slink::laugh2:

EDIT1: Ok, I'll go with a little reasoning and a little gut (reagut or gutsoning:laugh2:)! I really want to catch up and win this since I am playing from behind (I am still reeling from my grand prix final "price money").

Last edited:

guenever

Rinkside
Ladies:
1. Miyahara
2. Hongo
3. Murakami
4. Higuchi
5. Nagai
6. Kato

Men:
1. Hanyu
2. Machida
3. Uno
4. Kozuka
5. Murakami
6. Mura

Dance:
1. Reeds
2. Hirai/De la Asuncion
3. Muramoti/Nigochi
4. Nishimura/Suzuki
5. Takeda/Tsuji
6. Ito/Mizutani

That took me longer than expected. I’m still not entirely happy with this list but it will have to do!

r1kubu

Rinkside
Dance:
1. Cathy REED / Chris REED
2. Kana MURAMOTO / Hiroshi NOGUCHI
3. Emi HIRAI / Marien de la ASUNCION
4. Kei NISHIMURA / Kentaro SUZUKI
5. Mei ITO / Kokoro MIZUTANI
6. Stephanie CASAGRANDE / Georgii CHERNISHOV

Ladies:
1. Kanako MURAKAMI
2. Rika HONGO
3. Satoko MIYAHARA
4. Haruka IMAI
5. Wakaba HIGUCHI
6. Riona KATO

Men:
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Tatsuki MACHIDA
3. Daisuke MURAKAMI
4. Takahito MURA
5. Shoma UNO
6. Takahiko KOZUKA

FSGMT

Record Breaker
MEN
1) Yuzuru Hanyu
2) Tatsuki Machida
3) Takahito Mura
4) Shoma Uno
5) Takahiko Kozuka
alt. Daisuke Murakami

LADIES
1) Satoko Miyahara
2) Kanako Murakami
3) Rika Hongo
4) Wakaba Higuchi
5) Haruka Imai
alt. Riona Kato

PAIRS
1) Takahashi/Kihara

ICE DANCE
1) Reed/Reed
2) Hirai/Asuncion
3) Ito/Mizutani
4) Muramoto/Noguchi
5) Nishimura/Suzuki
alt. Casagrande/Chernishov

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As usual, I’m doing a few extra predictions, just for fun. But, I’m not doing the whole field in the Singles championships, as I haven’t a clue who a lot of them are!!! So, just a Top 12.

In Ladies, I started listing by PB, but then moved quite a few of them about according to my own feelings! I am probably taking a chance putting Hiruka Imai on the podium rather than one of the younger skaters, but I like her a lot, and she beat all of the youngsters except Miyahara in last year’s Nationals.

One of my biggest mistakes is probably going to be putting Higuchi down in 6th. Like, she has the 3rd highest PB of the entire field! But, I really wanted to put Hongo and Kato in my Top 5, so she was the one that dropped down to be my alternate (largely because I haven’t actually seen her in action!) I will probably regret this, but hey!

I also moved Oba up a place. Basically, I liked her the last time I saw her, and her PB wasn’t that far behind Nitaya’s. And since I haven’t seen Nitaya before (and Oba is so far ahead of her in the World Rankings), I decided to go with the girl I did know.

In Men, I knew who I wanted in my Top 10, and the order I wanted them in. And, by chance 9 of them were the top 9 of the PB list (the other one I wanted isn’t actually entered!) And they were in roughly the same order as I wanted. I actually only made 1 change from the PB list. In light of Kozuka’s disasters in the GP Series, I put him behind Mura and Murakami. Below this, I had half a mind to move Tanaka and Hino up above Yamamoto. But, in the end, I decided not to bother, and just kept the rest of the list the same.

With Pairs, I knew exactly what order I was going to put them. I put Takahashi / Kihara at the top, and Takahashi / Kihara at the bottom…

Coming into this process, I only knew 2 of the Dance couples – the Reeds, and Hirai / de la Asuncion. And, obviously, I was planning on putting them as my Top 2. However, cohkaix then very kindly gave us a VERY useful insight into some of the other partnerships. And, by the sounds of things, new couple Muramoto / Higuchi are looking VERY promising.

During the summer at BC Summerskate, they finished second (behind Orford / Williams), with a score just 4 points behind Hirai / de la Asuncion’s PB (Results. SP video. FS video). Then, at the Tallinn Trophy a few weeks ago, they beat Emi and Marien’s PB by 15 points. So, I’ve decided to take a chance on Kana and Hiroichi, even though I know nothing else about them.

Can't wait!!! :biggrin: :cheer: :rock: :party2:

CaroLiza_fan

JAPANESE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Kanako MURAKAMI
2. Satoko MIYAHARA
3. Haruka IMAI
4. Rika HONGO
5. Riona KATO
6. Wakaba HIGUCHI

Just for fun
7. Yuka NAGAI
8. Miyu NAKASHIO
9. Miyabi OBA
10. Rin NITAYA
11. Yuki NISHINO
12. Kaori SAKAMOTO

Men

1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Tatsuki MACHIDA
3. Takahito MURA
4. Daisuke MURAKAMI
5. Takahiko KOZUKA
6. Shoma UNO

Just for fun
7. Sota YAMAMOTO
8. Keiji TANAKA
9. Ryuju HINO
10. Satoshi NAKAMURA
11. Hidetsugu KAMATA
12. Yoji TSUBOI

Pairs

1. Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA

Dance

1. Cathy REED / Chris REED
2. Kana MURAMOTO / Hiroichi NIGUCHI
3. Emi HIRAI / Marien de la ASUNCION
4. Mei ITO / Kokoro MIZUTANI
5. Nanako TAKEDA / Kaoru TSUJI
6. Kei NISHIMURA / Kentaro SUZUKI

Just for fun
7. Stephanie CASAGRANDE / Georgii CHERNISHOV

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As competition in Japan starts early for those of us not in Asia, I am doing this further in advance than normal.

THIS IS YOUR ELEVEN HOUR WARNING.

You have just 11 hours left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 15:25 JST (07:25 CET / 06:25 GMT) tomorrow.

And, for our American friends, that target time is 01:25 EST.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cjmorton29

Rinkside
Whew I've already missed the deadline for Russian Nationals, but I'm glad I can get these ones in!!

Men: I think Machida will be determined to not repeat GPF, and I think Murakami's momentum will let him be on the podium! Overall though, I do think Hanyu will dominate!
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Tatsuki Machida
3. Daisuke Murakami
4. Takahito Mura
5. Shoma Uno

6. Takahiko Kozuka
7. Sota Yamamoto
8. Keiji Tanaka

Ladies: Almost predicted Murakami off the podium, but decided that that was too unlikely. I really hope this competition can serve as a definite showing that Miyahara is Japan's #1!
1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Rika Hongo
3. Kanako Murakami
4. Riona Kato
5. Miyabi Oba

6. Wakaba Higuchi
7. Yuka Nagai
8. Haruka Imai

Pairs: Well, this should be a tough race...
1. Takahashi/ Kihara

Dance: Really nice to see this many entries!
1. Reeds
2. Hirai/ de la Ansuncion
3. Muramoto/ Niguchi
4. Takeda/ Tsuji
5. Ito/ Mizutani

6. Nishimura/ Suzuki

Exciting event!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It has now gone 15:25 JST (07:25 CET / 06:25 GMT), and I am afraid that means the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter, I will use my discretion to accept entries for each discipline right up to the start of their Short Programme.

The Men's Short will start in an hour's time at 14:00 MSK 16:25 JST (08:25 CET / 07:25 GMT)

And hopefully a livestream will appear in the meantime... (Fingers crossed!!!) ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
My predictions

Arhh, I missed the deadline due to Christmas festivities. I'll do them anyway

Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Tatsuki Machida
3. Shoma Uno
4. Takahito Mura
5. Daisuke Murakami
6. Takahiko Kozuka

Ladies
1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Wakaba Higuchi
3. Rika Hongo
4. Kanako Murakami
5. Riona Kato
6. Miyabi Oba

Pairs
1. Takahashi/Kihara

Ice Dance
1. Reed/Reed
2. Hirai/Asuncion
3. Muramoto/Noguchi
4. Nishimura/Suzuki
5. Ito/Mizutani
6. Takeda/Tsuji

Last edited:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

1st Place: skateyamada (55 points)
2nd Place: alebi, Florencito, guenever, Lydia1703, Mentalopes, rosacotton, NMURA, HanDomi, demarinis5, DiamondRain, cheezu, mimtang, ks777, keheikun90, AprilS (45 points)
3rd Place: foruiz and inside edges (40 points)

Huge welcome to all our new players!!!:cheer:

AprilS

On the Ice
Yay, first time playing and I'm second (with a bunch of others)! :hb: Still no idea how this is scored lol: the only placement I got right was Hanyu, and I think everyone else put him winning too :p

Lydia1703

On the Ice
Yay, first time playing and I'm second (with a bunch of others)! :hb: Still no idea how this is scored lol: the only placement I got right was Hanyu, and I think everyone else put him winning too :p

Yay for our silver medal and the bold part :dance:. And I'm so happy for Kozuka too, he troll-ed many of us here, I saw just 1 or 2 people put him on the podium :party2:

foruiz

Final Flight
Yaay! I finally got a podium finish despite bombing my GP Predictions!!! :cheer: And to think I even left out Pairs!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
ICE DANCE RESULTS

Unfortunately, no perfect scores today. But some people were very close to that, just one place off.

1st place: HanDomi and guenever - 70 points!:points:
2nd place: NMURA, invisiblespiral, WoChair, chezzu, r1kubu and cjmorton29 - 65 points!:hb:
3rd place: Sandpiper, SashaJuliaSpins, AprilS, foruiz, tulosai, CarneAsada and text_skate - 60 points!:agree:

Congratulations to all the winners! :dance:

foruiz

Final Flight
ICE DANCE RESULTS

Unfortunately, no perfect scores today. But some people were very close to that, just one place off.

1st place: HanDomi and guenever - 70 points!:points:
2nd place: NMURA, invisiblespiral, WoChair, chezzu, r1kubu and cjmorton29 - 65 points!:hb:
3rd place: Sandpiper, SashaJuliaSpins, AprilS, foruiz, tulosai, CarneAsada and text_skate - 60 points!:agree:

Congratulations to all the winners! :dance:

Yaay 3rd place for me again!!! :cheer: Arigatou gozaimashita!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And here come the ladies results! :drama:

Gold: invisiblespiral - 65 points
Silver: guenever - 55 points
Bronze: AprilS, pitterpatter, text_skate - 50 points

Congratulations to all of you :cheer::clap:

If you find any mistakes, please let me know and I'll do my best to correct it as soon as possible :)

PS: sequinsgalore, I'm not sure I can count your predictions or not, as the ladies event started a day later than the mens. But with 50 points, you're theoretically joining the bronze medal club ;)