Takahito Mura skates for his family | Golden Skate

Takahito Mura skates for his family

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Takahito Mura, who was married in 2013 and became a father, prepares for the upcoming Japanese National Championships.

More

Interspectator

Record Breaker
What a great article. Thank you.
I still LOL at all the Japanese skaters who have chosen POTO this year. But good for Mura for improving his Jumps. --I don't think I've seen anyone do a higher, bigger, more spectacular 4T than Mura. --It screams I AM A QUAD! :)
When he can do his big jumps it elevates his entire program--so, good luck to Mura at Japan Nationals. Everyone wishes you well.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The former junior national champion is not certain if he wants his little daughter, Kanna, to follow in the family tradition and become a skater like her father and grandfather.

“Sometimes I think I’d rather her not become a skater because it is so much work,” he shared, chuckling. “Miki Ando’s daughter is the same age. I think it would be too much trouble for them being the same age.”

Ahahahaha how sweet, if his and Miki's daughter's actually compete at the same time at the top level, that would really be some rivalry eh?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
While I'm not enamoured with Mura's programs (or music cuts), there's no denying he has one heck of a quad. And it's great we've got quite a few skaters who are breaking out in their twenties (Mura, Machida, Voronov, ect.).

deedee1

Record Breaker
:yes::yes: And don't forget Konstantin Menshov for finally being able to compete on senior GP circuit at age 30 (IIRC)! :) Kudos to them ALL!

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
He had a great performance in Skate Canada, which I think really put him back on the radar. I hope he continues to do well, improve his artistry and conquer his nerves during his performances. At age 23, I think he still can do a lot of great things.

Ahahahaha how sweet, if his and Miki's daughter's actually compete at the same time at the top level, that would really be some rivalry eh?

And somehow, the thought of his, Miki's and Shen/Zhao's daughters having a triple rivalry suddenly came to my mind. Hehehehe!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:yes::yes: And don't forget Konstantin Menshov for finally being able to compete on senior GP circuit at age 30 (IIRC)! :) Kudos to them ALL!
Menshov has competed on the GP circuit before. However, he deserves massive credit for landing two quads in the SP at age 31. :rock:

Lota

Record Breaker
That was a very nice read :) I really hope he does well at the Nationals and goes to the Worlds!