Janet Lynn Sightings??? | Golden Skate

Janet Lynn Sightings???

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Hey Detroit area skaters,

I was wondering if you guys have ever seen Janet Lynn at the Detroit Skating Club; not trying to stalk the lady or anything, but it would be an honor and a privilege to just watch her glide by someday, once, in person, especially after the beautiful chapter on her in Christine Brennan's "Inside Edge" piqued my interest in her legacy a while back.

In the epilogue, Christine mentioned that, after having read about how beloved she was in a certain skating book, Janet Lynn started going to the rink and skating again, probably just for fun.

Sarah

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I don't believe she lives in Michigan anymore. I know I read that somewhere. I just can't remember where.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Janet Lynn-5 times U.S. Ladies Champion from 1969-1973.
1969 North American Champion, 1972 Oympic bronze medalist,1972 World bronze medalist, 1973 World silver medalist. One of the best free skaters of that time.

floskate

On the Ice
takura said:
Who is she???

Possibly the most revered skater of all time - she's a living legend in Japan because during the free skate of the '72 Olympics she fell on a flying sit and got up smiling!! Even now if she goes to Japan she gets a superstar reception!!!! :love: