Edeas | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Edeas

vlaurend

Final Flight
Coronation Ace Revolution blades - 0.5 KG for 2 blades
Coronation Ace Regular - 0.56 KG for 2 blades

So the weight difference is not that much! Only about 11%. You'll get a much more significant weight reduction with Edeas versus traditional boots.

Do you know what the weight difference would be between the regular Gold Seal and the Revolution Gold Seal? I would imagine much greater, since the Gold Seal has a solid base plate and that's the part that will be lighter on the Revolution blade.

Casey

Rinkside
Do you know what the weight difference would be between the regular Gold Seal and the Revolution Gold Seal? I would imagine much greater, since the Gold Seal has a solid base plate and that's the part that will be lighter on the Revolution blade.

Not sure, I just saw those numbers posted on another forum, I think they were for 10 inch blades (obviously exact weights will vary by size also). They said they sent an inquiry to Wilson to get the numbers so you could probably do the same for Gold Seals, or ask a pro shop that carries both...

I am surprised they got rid of the solid toe plate on Gold Seal Revolutions...I thought that was one reason people liked Gold Seals as it added some strength. I dunno, but I do like that it keeps water from accumulating in that spot!

Daroga

Spectator
When I was jumping and doing pairs, I wore the ice flys for about 5 years. I am about 5'4, 112lbs, I was skating on them about 4-5 hours a day. Each pair would last me just about a year, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more; give or take about a month. I personally have extremely narrow heels and ankles, but a medium width front foot. I found the Edeas to be very comfortable. I liked that they were light weight, didn't hog water after multiple sessions, the inside material, the tongue. Overall I was very happy with my boots. The only reason that I am not in them now is because I am ice dancing full time. While I was free skating I went through just about every boot there is, Ridell, Graf, Jackson, SP Terri, Harlick, and Klingbeil. Ridell gave me pump bumps on both of my heels. Graf was great for about three months and then the leather started to change shape, I also think the quality of Grafs have gone downhill in recent years. I never found Jackson, Harlick, or Klingbeil to be comfortable, and the SP Terri just didn't work with my foot shape. I have also worked with many different blades, hate the Gold Seal Revolution, but I adore my Gold Seals. I'm actually back in a Ridell dance boot that have been very comfortable for the last year, but in the past few weeks I've noticed pain and irritation on the outside of my ankle right above my ankle bone. Although I have never been a fan of Harlick, Marina is wanting to get me into them so I will be trying and ordering them within the next few weeks. I actually tried the Edea dance boot but could never get over the material on the inside; the ice fly has a mesh like padding which I found uncomfortable at first but have grown to love it!

ilyden25

Rinkside
Hi, I've been looking for an Edea thread to post this question and i think i would post it here.

Does Edea have foot width options (Narrow, wide, regular)?

I am thinking of switching to Edea (ice fly). I am currently using a Jackson boot and is now starting to deteriorate. Our local Pro skate store does not carry edeas so im thinking of purchasing online. I've got my shoe length size measured by following the measuring method that edea site recommends. I am fairly confident with the shoe length, however, it is the shoe width that's bugging me. I've had my feet measured in jackson measuring stick (thanks to the local store) and it's pointing towards an "E" width which i think is a wide one. I've heard / read somewhere that edeas are narrower than jacksons. Is this true? Any insights will be very helpful :) Thanks

Last edited:

iceskater719

Spectator
I live in northern virginia. My rink has a very qualified skate fitter and he can fit them for you. they were personally not good for my feet so i am switching to custom harlicks. jimmy can help you with all your questions.