2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

BounceAround

On the Ice
So assuming she went clean she would have peaked under the same inflation around 74 but instead she was given less and cpuld have only peaked around 70-71 if clean.

I don't think the judges are giving up on her yet! According to the TES box, she lost 4+ points just based on the tech calls. If we also consider that she got very low GOE for her combination and double axel in the first place since the execution wasn't good, she could have gotten around 6 more points just in TES if she had gone clean. That would have put her near the top. There is hope.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Did they post the starting order for the free skate yet? I can't seem to find it on the official site... :confused:

buch

Match Penalty
Elena/Liza are pretty much set at this point... you'd be insane not to send both of them to competitions internationally, regardless of what happens in tomorrow's FS.
1,2 place clinch Euros, period.
No "regardless, "insane", "pretty much set" stuff here.
You got that medal, you go. You don't you stay home.

BounceAround

On the Ice
Exactly my point. Even if she went clean 70 and maybe for a stretch a 72 was max.

Just adding the TES difference between the end of her performance and the announcement of the scores puts her at 71.69. If she had done a better combination and double axel, the additional GOE would have put her close to Tuktamysheva.

I just don't think it's a lost cause yet, by which I mean the judges will not deny her a medal or even gold if she skates a good free program. idk...I guess I just agree with the people who think she will pull off an good freeskate and get good scores for it.

NaVi

Medalist
Really? Better than TEB?

Camera angles can really skew things, but from what I remember, TEB she had recently just changed the choreography a bit and things were I felt a little awkward(though she still scored higher than SA)... this is the first time I saw her skate this close to perfectly and really unloaded... even better than her test skate. [edit] And to me this is the first time since her test skate where it didn't seem like she was randomly flailing around during the J-Lo dance. [/edit]

her competition was potentially spotted a fall worth around 3-4 pts no matter how well she skated. Remove her deductions from the protocol and she still lands around 70.

Um... what? she lost about 6 points not 3 points from TES so her score would have been around 73... and if she landed her jumps cleanly she would have easily gotten a 1.5-2 point PCS boost to around 75.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just adding the TES difference between the end of her performance and the announcement of the scores puts her at 71.69. If she had done a better combination and double axel, the additional GOE would have put her close to Tuktamysheva.

I just don't think it's a lost cause yet, by which I mean the judges will not deny her a medal or even gold if she skates a good free program. idk...I guess I just agree with the people who think she will pull off an good freeskate and get good scores for it.

Ha ha...I like your optimism. I'm going to sleep through all the fun and wake up and see what went down. I'm not rooting against anyone here. I love all the girls and respect them all. I guess I should leave it at that ;)

alebi

Medalist
sorry if it has been already posted but is there a PDF with detailed scores please? thank you in advance :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
UR on 3Lz and 2A, ! on the lutz as well.

She only got ! on the Lutz?!?!?! That was generous!

I guess it just seems that the top girls were basically spotted a fall no matter how clean Yulia went.

Um, no. Yulia had a clearly wrong-edge Lutz - and anyone with a wrong-edge Lutz is always made to look worse when they have to skate in proximity to Liza's perfect clean-edge Lutz - and all of her jumps were problematic in some way. If she had gone clean she would have got a score comparable to Liza's and Elena's - but she didn't.

Pretty much the vibe I'm getting from people in here is that Lipnitskaya was ripped off by the judges and for some reason they want her out. The Federation is pushing her out, it's a conspiracy.

Any true to that or just crazy fans? Who knows

It's just crazy fans. She had problems on all three jumping passes including a clearly wrong-edge Lutz (though I thought her flip was fine) and URs. She was given quite generous marks, considering.

Yulia's 3lz and 3f definitely deserve a ! or even an e. The 3t looks under rotated and as well as the 2a, she'd better fix it, it's so off the axis how did she manage to land it. Her 2a technique already wasnt good befoe, but this year her 2a is tooooo tilted and hardly has any height ...

The 3Lz is the worst jump for me. I don't find her flip to be always so wrong-edged, but her Lutz is really bad. The 2A is just...I can't believe how tilted in the air she gets.

Of course, everyone's jumps look bad compared to Liza's.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
Basically, if a skater you like didn't go as well as you'd have liked, they were lowballed.

If a skater you don't like went well, they were overscored.

Figure skating. :biggrin::bow:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Basically, if a skater you like didn't go as well as you'd have liked, they were lowballed.

If a skater you don't like went well, they were overscored.

Figure skating. :biggrin::bow:

I don't think that's a fair thing to say. As if to suggest that people can not be critical of their favorites. In fact last season I said I thought it was sad that Radinova probably skated as good if not better than Yulia and Adelina at RN's but since she was unable to attend the winter games she was held back about a fall or 4-6 points. It was sad because she felt dejected and cried in the stands. I don't think you'd make a strong case that I'm not a fan of Yulia to many people here yet I said the exact same thing last year I am saying this year. Being a fan doesn't automatically exclude you from a conversation. Conversely I'm willing to believe posters who have shown outright hostility toward Yulia are still capable of discussing things regarding her without an automic dismissal. My whole point was more complex than your summary. I don't dispute the placing nor have I seen that said anyway but maybe more along the lines of a feeling that both Leonova and Lip are being forced to make up about 3-4pts due to disproportional inflation. You may not agree and that's fine because in the end it's subjective which I've maintained all along but I guess the point remains true in the end......that's figure skating. :)

Last edited:

Ambivalent

On the Ice
My post wasn't referring to yours.

It was referring to a trend that pervades every nook and cranny of fans who love figure skating. It happens. I for one won't deny that our views are coloured by our liking (or disliking) of particular skaters, and I don't think any sane person would think to the contrary.