Do you have a nickname? | Golden Skate

Do you have a nickname?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Not me.........my mother had three daughters and gave us each names that were very hard to shorten into a nick-name....my hubby did call me "Spot" in college.........said everytime he whistled, my head would come up and I'd come running (he thinks he's so funny...:\ ) 42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually my name is Dolores, my nickname is Dee.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tonichelle is a combination of my first and middle name that I came up with when I was little and "Antonia Michelle" was too long and hard to say :laugh: it stuck

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I've had several. My gramma would give you a nickname if she didn't like the name you were given so I was Bonnie. Everyone on that side of the family always called me Bonnie. My grampa on the other side of the family liked to give us all nicknames but think he quit after the third one. :laugh: I was Skeezix and my sister was Muggins. I was so lucky to have such great grandparents. :love:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
What, just one?

It depends on who you ask! I was Rocky from the time I was three until my dad passed away because I loved that flying squirrel and allegedly was quite vocal about wanting to watch the show...all the time!
Then there's the multitude of variations on the name "Elizabeth"; starting with "Lizard Breath", if I remember correctly, and the most recent being "Bethie Jo Bob". But only at renaissance faires...
:confused:
And now I get to find out if I know anyone around here!
Rave

starshinexavier

On the Ice
I have many.
My dad calls me Chug, due to me wanting to be a train when I was about 2. I hate being called Chug, but he'll never stop calling me that.
My mom calls me Bear, which is short for Sarah Bear. That one, I don't mind.
At school, I'm friends with quite a few Sarah's, so at first they just all started calling us by our last names, until one of my friends modifided my last name slightly, and started calling me Hickie.
I've had others (Sari, Sarba, Hick), but they never really stuck.

Becca84

Rinkside
I've never had a nickname that stuck, but my Mom sometimes uses Bec, & for a short time some people used Becbec. But online I use Becca instead of Rebecca.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I've been called a few names by some of my previous chemically dependent (HONEST!) patients. Do any of them count? :D

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I have a few

-E (my roomate from college could have been my twin and she was nicknamed D... we were E&D and we were treated as one unit)
-Bub/Bud... when I was little my parents called me Bub or Bud never really picked one over the other... I think both of these are texas things.
-Beth, I was called Beth from 1-7th grade because there was another Elizabeth in my class. No one has called me that since 7th grade though.

Rixis

On the Ice
Yup. To start with, my grandma had many Italian terms of endearment for me, like mona (vagina), bayota (Fat kid), veccetta (Old woman.) I don't know if I spelled any of those right..my parents used to call me Frychoke, and my friends call me Steph, Steph Eph, or Stephers. And people who don't really know me call me Silver or Spice or Rixis.

mariana

On the Ice
Well, I have many, but the one I hated the most was the one my classmates form 7 grade put me "sospechosa" (suspicious), wich if you say it "sos-pechosa" meens that you have big breasts.
I hated it!!!It was true, but I still hated it!!!

Lanie

On the Ice
Most people call me Lanie; in academic decathlon I was "Miss America" (to play off of the team captain's moniker of Mr. Universe) or "Miss Information". I've got one friend who enjoys calling me Ella or Ellie.

rusalka

On the Ice
I've got a brand new nickname! three days ago my brazilian room mate told me and the other girls we live with to choose the name of a brazilian city as a nickname: mine is Mogi Mirim.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
One of the things I hated most about the name Susan was being called Susie. It was like nails on a chalk board. The Everly Brother's song ''Wake Up Little Susie'' was just the anthem of hell to me. I heard it everytime I turned around. Luckily, as I got older, I outgrew the nickname. My Dad occasionally called me Susie Belle, but he was allowed to as a special exception to my ''No Susie'' rule.

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I don't know if calling a person by a shorter version of their name counts as a nick name. I don't like when people shorten a name to one syllable. For example: Dan for Daniel. My friends call me Danny or Daniel. If a name is only one syllable to start with it's ok, Mark, John, Ralph, but, names like Edward, Robert, Alan, being shorten to Ed, Bob and Al just bother me. Also, my name is Daniel and I am very comfortable with it. Yet, people are uncomfortable saying Daniel so they say Dan-O.
Daniel and Little Lulu

Lynn226

On the Ice
One of my relatives used to call me "snot nose." Honest! He did it because I have such bad allergies that I'm congested all year long. And everytime he saw me I was blowing my nose. I'll not sure if he ever knew my real name. Nobody else ever called me that.