Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Shizuka Photoshoot

Custom Title

Beautiful Shizuka Photoshoot

This was posted on FSU.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...==60953&nbc1=1

She's so beautiful that she makes me cry.

Though I liked her better with black hair.

Tripping on the Podium
    Shizuka

Yeh I liked her black hair (or was it just darker brown??) but this really suits her too! Thanks for the pics!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Very lovely!!!!

Dee

Custom Title

Shizuka

My opinion................

She's a wonderful skater. But I honestly do not think she is beautiful.

Dizzy

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    It always throws me a bit to see skaters (especially ladies) in normal street clothes.... They are in such amazing shape that most of the time they look funny in normal clothes. Shiz is a beauty, but like sasha she still looks like a 13 year old up top. I wonder if they have stunted growth, or if they would have looked just the same if they were not training so rigorously?

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Hot dayum!!!

Ice Angel
    She is lovely and cute with street clothes. Most Asian girls look a lot younger than they really are.

Custom Title

Re: Shizuka

Originally posted by dizzydi
    My opinion................

She's a wonderful skater. But I honestly do not think she is beautiful.

Dizzy
    I totally agree.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    Why does anyone care so much about the physical attributes of one skater or another? She's the World Champion, and deservedly so. I just don't "get" why people feel the need to say
    that skater X or Y is not beautiful. There is beauty in the skating, and that's what I thought we're supposed to admire here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I suppose for the same reason that people feel the need to say that they think a skater is beautiful.
    Personally I try not to engage in discussions regarding a skaters physical attributes as everyones opinion is personal and there is a very fine line between giving an opinion and being downright insulting and it is a line that I do not care to cross, even by accident.
    Treating skaters like the ordinary people they are for a moment, there are some that would turn my head if I saw them in the street and some that would not even register on my radar. This is not in any way being derrogatory towards skaters but it is simply stating the fact that different people find different things attractive. For example I think my boyfriend is a great looking guy but I wouldn't be insulted if someone said 'he is not my type' I think I would however be insulted if someone phrased it a little less tactfully and said 'ughh he's ugly!'

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are going to allow people to pass remark on how attractive people are you have to accept that the flip side of that is people commenting on the fact that they don't find people attractive and so long as it is done in a tactful and sensitive manner then I see no problem with it.

bugs are smarter than we are bronxgirl's Avatar
    I'm not too crazy about when someone gushes over how beautiful a skater is either. It somehow always leads to bashing by uberfans
    :\

Custom Title

honestly

Originally posted by bronxgirl
    Why does anyone care so much about the physical attributes of one skater or another? She's the World Champion, and deservedly so. I just don't "get" why people feel the need to say
    that skater X or Y is not beautiful. There is beauty in the skating, and that's what I thought we're supposed to admire here.
    Quite right here I totally agree with you. But we are all humans and it's natural to admire things which we think are beautiful. It's a basic instinct. Look at tennis especially and Ms Kournikova is far more famous and richer than those who play better than her purely because of her looks.

Tripping on the Podium
    Originally posted by Longhornliz
    It always throws me a bit to see skaters (especially ladies) in normal street clothes.... They are in such amazing shape that most of the time they look funny in normal clothes. Shiz is a beauty, but like sasha she still looks like a 13 year old up top. I wonder if they have stunted growth, or if they would have looked just the same if they were not training so rigorously?
    Why is it when a woman is smaller on top, then people say that she has the body of a thirteen year old? To me a thirteen year old is someone with no figure...one who is the same width on top, middle, and bottom. Shizuka definitely has a clearly defined waist and has a more womanly figure in that she has broad shoulders, small waste, and wider hips, but because she has not much on top, she has the body of a thirteen year old?

There are several woman who hae very little on top who don't train. It's just natural for some women to be larger or smaller than others.

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    ITA Kemy. If you look at pictures like the very first one where the dog is in front of her chest, she looks absolutely nothing like a 13 year old. People are just silly sometimes.

On the Ice
    Originally posted by bronxgirl
    I'm not too crazy about when someone gushes over how beautiful a skater is either. It somehow always leads to bashing by uberfans
    :\
    Oh, come on! I prefer to go with someone who I greatly admire, aomeone who looks good just in addition! I don't wanna Keanu who can't act a thing. I think the words that soogar has written were lovely. And she propably wouldn't have written that if Shizuka was a model.
    BTW your picter of Evgeni is darn great - I always knew he was a devil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast