Beautiful Shizuka Photoshoot | Golden Skate

Beautiful Shizuka Photoshoot

DivakawaFan

Rinkside
:love: Shizuka :love:

Yeh I liked her black hair (or was it just darker brown??) but this really suits her too! Thanks for the pics! :)

dizzydi

On the Ice
Shizuka

My opinion................

She's a wonderful skater. But I honestly do not think she is beautiful.

Dizzy

Longhornliz

Final Flight
It always throws me a bit to see skaters (especially ladies) in normal street clothes.... They are in such amazing shape that most of the time they look funny in normal clothes. Shiz is a beauty, but like sasha she still looks like a 13 year old up top. I wonder if they have stunted growth, or if they would have looked just the same if they were not training so rigorously?

jesslily

Final Flight
She is lovely and cute with street clothes. Most Asian girls look a lot younger than they really are.

Enero

On the Ice
Re: Shizuka

dizzydi said:
My opinion................

She's a wonderful skater. But I honestly do not think she is beautiful.

Dizzy

I totally agree.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Why does anyone care so much about the physical attributes of one skater or another? She's the World Champion, and deservedly so. I just don't "get" why people feel the need to say
that skater X or Y is not beautiful. There is beauty in the skating, and that's what I thought we're supposed to admire here.

diver chick

On the Ice
I suppose for the same reason that people feel the need to say that they think a skater is beautiful.
Personally I try not to engage in discussions regarding a skaters physical attributes as everyones opinion is personal and there is a very fine line between giving an opinion and being downright insulting and it is a line that I do not care to cross, even by accident.
Treating skaters like the ordinary people they are for a moment, there are some that would turn my head if I saw them in the street and some that would not even register on my radar. This is not in any way being derrogatory towards skaters but it is simply stating the fact that different people find different things attractive. For example I think my boyfriend is a great looking guy but I wouldn't be insulted if someone said 'he is not my type' I think I would however be insulted if someone phrased it a little less tactfully and said 'ughh he's ugly!'

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are going to allow people to pass remark on how attractive people are you have to accept that the flip side of that is people commenting on the fact that they don't find people attractive and so long as it is done in a tactful and sensitive manner then I see no problem with it.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I'm not too crazy about when someone gushes over how beautiful a skater is either. It somehow always leads to bashing by uberfans
:\

adamlondon

On the Ice
honestly

bronxgirl said:
Why does anyone care so much about the physical attributes of one skater or another? She's the World Champion, and deservedly so. I just don't "get" why people feel the need to say
that skater X or Y is not beautiful. There is beauty in the skating, and that's what I thought we're supposed to admire here.

Quite right here I totally agree with you. But we are all humans and it's natural to admire things which we think are beautiful. It's a basic instinct. Look at tennis especially and Ms Kournikova is far more famous and richer than those who play better than her purely because of her looks.

kemy

Rinkside
Longhornliz said:
It always throws me a bit to see skaters (especially ladies) in normal street clothes.... They are in such amazing shape that most of the time they look funny in normal clothes. Shiz is a beauty, but like sasha she still looks like a 13 year old up top. I wonder if they have stunted growth, or if they would have looked just the same if they were not training so rigorously?

Why is it when a woman is smaller on top, then people say that she has the body of a thirteen year old? To me a thirteen year old is someone with no figure...one who is the same width on top, middle, and bottom. Shizuka definitely has a clearly defined waist and has a more womanly figure in that she has broad shoulders, small waste, and wider hips, but because she has not much on top, she has the body of a thirteen year old?

There are several woman who hae very little on top who don't train. It's just natural for some women to be larger or smaller than others.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
ITA Kemy. If you look at pictures like the very first one where the dog is in front of her chest, she looks absolutely nothing like a 13 year old. People are just silly sometimes.

~tibia venifica~

Rinkside
bronxgirl said:
I'm not too crazy about when someone gushes over how beautiful a skater is either. It somehow always leads to bashing by uberfans
:\

Oh, come on! I prefer to go :love: with someone who I greatly admire, aomeone who looks good just in addition! I don't wanna Keanu who can't act a thing. I think the words that soogar has written were lovely. And she propably wouldn't have written that if Shizuka was a model.
BTW your picter of Evgeni is darn great - I always knew he was a devil:laugh:

dizzydi

On the Ice
Beautiful

Normally, I let these types of threads pass. However, I can't get over how people rant and rave over "the supposed" physical beauty of certain skaters. Like the skater had any control of this or should get any credit for their physical appearance. Also, as has been pointed out time and time again, what is beautiful to one person isn't to another.

My intent was not to bash anyone. I wasn't saying Shizuka's is ugly by any stretch of the imagination.

If it's okay to rave about her beauty, then it should be okay for me to disagree. The fact that the post was made in the first place offers opportunity for agreement or disagreement.

Dizzy

bronxgirl

Medalist
~tibia venifica~ said:

BTW your picter of Evgeni is darn great - I always knew he was a devil:laugh:

The credit for the picture goes to Golden Skate. I just picked it as my "avatar" for reasons best left unspoken ;)

soogar

Record Breaker
Some of you have some real issues. She looks beautiful in the photoshoot and she's beautiful on the ice. I just really love her serene face. Some people just radiate warmth and beauty even if their features aren't perfect and in my opinion she is one of them.

People gush over all of those actresses and models and most of them don't even have a skill/ or looks to speak of.

Last edited:

Kateri

On the Ice
Hmmm...the phrase "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" springs to mind.
It's not like disagreeing with someone who liked her skating - that can have an objective basis, and there's a reason to discuss it, since she'll be judged on her skating.

But there's no need to say negative things here, the pics weren't posted to debate her beauty, but to show it to those who were interested.

If someone shows a pic of their daughter (for example) to a group of friends and they all say "wow, she's so beautiful!!" if I don't agree, I would never say so!! I'd just not say anything.
How is this different?

k.