2014-15 Japanese Nationals Gala | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Gala

mikaboo

Medalist
I posted this on the Hanyu thread earlier today.
With all the drama, I don't know who will be joining the cast from the men/ladies disciplines but Hanyu is out due to injury/sickness.

Medalists on Ice is on Dec. 29 from 17:00.
http://www.onice.jp/top.html
I think Fuji TV will air it from 18:00-19:54.
Uno, Yamamoto, Nakamura, Higuchi, Sakamoto, Nagai as the top 3 from Junior Nationals are already listed. Stephane Lambiel and Fumie Suguri are guest skaters. The top 3 from men and ladies disciplines will join with the winners of pair (duh) and ice dance also. I wonder if they'll ask Machida to join since Uno won Junior Nationals and is the silver medalist here also.

ObaFan

Rinkside
I posted this on the Hanyu thread earlier today.
With all the drama, I don't know who will be joining the cast from the men/ladies disciplines but Hanyu is out due to injury/sickness.

mikaboo, do you know if it will have a livestream?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Still nothing on cast?

I kind of feel sorry for JFS (they are not as bad as people made them):
Machida announced his retirement dropping it like a bomb
Yuzuru is in the hospital
Sorting out who is going where
And carry on with the Gala,

I wish everyone who works in JSF a more easy 2015.

Perdita

Final Flight
You can see the cast here.

I'm so happy to see Tatsuki on the list along with two Daisuke and Mura.

mikaboo

Medalist
mikaboo, do you know if it will have a livestream?

Somebody (sorry, I can't find the post) provided this link on the other thread which seem to be working for me in Japan. No guarantee it will work for everybody (geo-block?) though.

-----
The MOI website seems to take forever to open.
I managed to get these skaters off the site last night but please correct me if any changes were made today.

Shoma Uno
Takahiko Kozuka
Tatsuki Machida
Takahito Mura
Sota Yamamoto
Daisuke Murakami
Hiroaki Sato
Shu Nakamura

Satoko Miyahara
Rika Hongon
Wakaba Higuchi
Yuka Nagai
Kanako Murakami
Kaori Sakamoto

Reed/Reed
Hirai/De la Asuncion
Takahashi/Kihara

Stephane Lambiel
Fumie Suguri

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fumie!! :love:

I still can't get over her appearance at the Oberstdorf Gala a couple of years ago. She was on fire!!! (1st routine. The 2nd routine has a copyright claim against it. :mad: )

CaroLiza_fan

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Fuji TV broadcast has started~ Satoko 'headlines' the event.

And they're showing Yuzuru's winning FS again (this is the 3rd time, FujiTV...)

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
omg kanako's commercial :laugh: had no idea
and rika doing thriller was unexpected as well and nice surprise :yay:
and taka mimicking his fist bump he did after his FS, after his ex :laugh:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrrgh!!! After there was no live streaming on the first couple of days, I decided to give up and concentrate on Russia. :rolleye:

I only came into this thread to see if there was a running order. I wasn't expecting to find a streaming link!

So, how long has there been a stream? I mean to say, have I missed much? :eek:

Ach! Why are they doing the introductions in English?! Now I know who won the Ladies! :bang:

Oh, this year's Japanese Championships just haven't worked out for me! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks to handomi we could watch last group of men FS and rest of the competition and some of gala today :love:
btw i love satoko's ex so much, probably my favourite this season :love:

Last edited:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I tore up when Tatsuki skated East of Eden and Je te Veux for the final time. :( He will really, really be missed.

Takahiko's EX makes me burst out laughing instead of the supposed risque-ish/sexy vibe it should have, idk. xD And his guts pose. Seriously! And indeed that was the first time Coach Sato ever went out of character -- even during Mao's legendary Sochi FS Coach Nobuo had been very calm and collected--looks like Coach Nobuo was just endlessly frustrated at Taka's fails just as the most of us. It's a beautiful program, after all!.

I'm so amused as to why they paired up Shoma and Kanako and then Takahiko and Satoko, but I guess Kenji-sensei (who seemed to have choreographed the gala finale) knows that Shoma and Satoko are both too reserved and awkward lol so better have Shoma pair up with someone he's familiar with/his training mate, and Satoko with an 'adult' Takahiko. :3

Also, I quite don't like how they've been hyping Shoma as the new Yuzuru rival. Please, not yet :|

And I'm glad to see that last bit of Kenji-sensei towards the end giving Kana a high five :)

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
thanks to handomi we could watch last group of men FS and rest of the competition and some of gala today :love:
btw i love satoko's ex so much, probably my favourite this season :love:

Oh well, that's the problem of getting so far behind, and not going into huge chunks of the forum so as to prevent accidentally seeing results. (You know the way these things slip into the conversation in un-related threads!)

Well, even though I wasn't able to take advantage of it myself, may I take this opportunity to thank handomi so much for providing the livestream.

You have gone way above and beyond the call of duty. And all the international fans who, like me, were getting so frustrated will be really grateful.

:bow: :clap: :points:

Right, I'm off to watch the Ladies SP videos on YouTube

CaroLiza_fan (who is currently kicking himself!)

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Also, I quite don't like how they've been hyping Shoma as the new Yuzuru rival. Please, not yet :|

)

I would like them just to stop showing this nightmare crash from COC all the time. Everyone just want to forget it, including Yuzuru and in every moment they are showing it again and again, and asking Yuzuru about it all the time.... :disapp: