2014-15 Japanese Nationals Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Gala

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I only pasted link that I found, I wasn't streaming it :party2:

Sorry. That's what mahmut's comment made it sound like.

But, you still deserve massive congratulations for sharing it with us! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I would like them just to stop showing this nightmare crash from COC all the time. Everyone just want to forget it, including Yuzuru and in every moment they are showing it again and again, and asking Yuzuru about it all the time.... :disapp:

afaik they haven't been showing it (the footage) here anymore? But they keep bringing it up (the commentators). "Hanyuu-senshu who won GPF despite the unfortunate accident at CoC and whatnot" like meh.

Surprisingly the hype isn't even around Hanyuu anymore -- it's now the 'new era' skaters i.e., Rika, Satoko, Shoma and Wakaba.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
What? I didn't watch the gala live. What happened? :biggrin:

The finale for the exhibition gala was a rigondon-ish number where they are partnered: what was mostly seen was Shoma/Kanako and Taka/Satoko; the two youngins were both so awkward (Shoma so awkward he can't even touch Kanako's back), is all. Adorable though!

skatefan22

Medalist
The finale for the exhibition gala was a rigondon-ish number where they are partnered: what was mostly seen was Shoma/Kanako and Taka/Satoko; the two youngins were both so awkward (Shoma so awkward he can't even touch Kanako's back), is all. Adorable though!

That was so cute! Wish there will be a video up soon!!

chezzu

On the Ice
I couldn't stop laughing at Kozuka's EX outfit even if it was a reaaalllyyyy lovely program... lol.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Oh, I just started crying so hard when Machida's performance began, I still can't stop :cry: It's just all too sad for me, and the choice of music... and the performance...

The Je Te Veux encore got to me so much because it's like he's trying to comfort you while he says goodbye and that's just NO, Tatsuki, it is not okay! :(

I couldn't stop laughing at Kozuka's EX outfit even if it was a reaaalllyyyy lovely program... lol.

Some Japanese fans just dubbed him 'Sukehiko' after they first saw that outfit in another ice show (THE ICE I think? not sure), which is a portmanteau of 'sukebe' (lecherous) and the last kanji of his name, which means 'boy'. That shirt... doesn't do the intended effect though, ngl ~_~

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
afaik they haven't been showing it (the footage) here anymore? But they keep bringing it up (the commentators). "Hanyuu-senshu who won GPF despite the unfortunate accident at CoC and whatnot" like meh.

Surprisingly the hype isn't even around Hanyuu anymore -- it's now the 'new era' skaters i.e., Rika, Satoko, Shoma and Wakaba.

Its not that surprising...Japanese media is always trying to find the next big thing :popcorn: I think its a good thing Japan has so many up and coming skaters with potential. Its never a good thing when the focus is only on one skater.

jace93

On the Ice

They don't need to hype him anymore, after all he's the reigning Olympic, World,National and Gpf champion, what they do need now it's a new star for the ladies and a new heir for the men ;)

Rissa

Record Breaker

I loved that outfit :love: I dunno, but everytime people post that they don't like an outfit I'm like "why, what's wrong with it, it's a great figure skating outfit", lol.

ObaFan

Rinkside
Somebody (sorry, I can't find the post) provided this link on the other thread which seem to be working for me in Japan. No guarantee it will work for everybody (geo-block?) though.

-----
The MOI website seems to take forever to open.
I managed to get these skaters off the site last night but please correct me if any changes were made today.

Shoma Uno
Takahiko Kozuka
Tatsuki Machida
Takahito Mura
Sota Yamamoto
Daisuke Murakami
Hiroaki Sato
Shu Nakamura

Satoko Miyahara
Rika Hongon
Wakaba Higuchi
Yuka Nagai
Kanako Murakami
Kaori Sakamoto

Reed/Reed
Hirai/De la Asuncion
Takahashi/Kihara

Stephane Lambiel
Fumie Suguri

Thank you mikaboo! ;)
Unfortunatly it rained here yesterday (not really yesterday, it was dawning...) and bye bye internet!! :cry:

For those (like me) who couldn't watch it on livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ-iJ-Irq4KPxRDfMEEIfFA/videos

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
I just love all Satoko's programs. :love:

I also liked Wakaba's exhibiton. Her program was very lyrical and beautiful. I didn't expect her to do something like that.

Shoma and Kanako :rofl:

purpledream

On the Ice
Machida made me cry and Kozuka made me laugh - great job everyone!

I havent watched the rest, only Machida for now, and dang that East of Eden Gala....
He really felt the music, lived it, and I was transported into his little world. It is uplifting and beautiful, and with this Ex I think I can happily smile and be glad. For the short amount of time we had, Machida has made an incredible impact and will be missed by many :cheer:

On to Kozuka, man I must see his funny exhibition piece hahah :popcorn:

makaihime

Final Flight

:laugh: They just love hyping up new and future prospects, which is necessary if they want to keep older skating fans around especially during the transition years where 90% the veterans have retired :agree: When Yuzuru won the bronze in 2012, there was probably more news coverage/specials on him than on Daisuke who won silver that same year although his situation was somewhat unique due to the earthquake. His bronze was an "against all odds" miracle to the Japanese media.