2015 US Nationals Practice groups and detailed schedule | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Practice groups and detailed schedule

ice coverage

Record Breaker
** USFS officially has published the Color-Coded Matrix Schedule:

Detailed Competition and Practice Schedule now available. Please note that this schedule is subject to change and that rehearsals on Sunday morning the 25th are closed to the public.

ETA, unpublished (AFAIK) link to latest Practice Groups Draft:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There. Two whole days from the first practice session, PLENTY of time. Are people happy now?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Nice to see USFS has finally "officially" released the tentative schedule. In 14 trips to Nationals I've never seen the first "official" schedule come out this late. Since Juvenile/Intermediate events start the morning of 1/16, this doesn't really give those fans any time at all to print this thing and make any plans.

Still nothing official on practice groups. Championship pairs has been rearranged into 3 groups rather than 4. I quickly looked to see if Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir ended up in the same group....but no they did not :laugh:

The change in Championship Pairs was caused by the injury of Taylor Wilson (don't know injury) and the withdrawal of de la Mora/Wilson.

Many thanks for posting this latest info to Sylvia and golden411

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nice to see USFS has finally "officially" released the tentative schedule. In 14 trips to Nationals I've never seen the first "official" schedule come out this late. Since Juvenile/Intermediate events start the morning of 1/16, this doesn't really give those fans any time at all to print this thing and make any plans.

Still nothing official on practice groups. Championship pairs has been rearranged into 3 groups rather than 4. I quickly looked to see if Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir ended up in the same group....but no they did not :laugh:

The change in Championship Pairs was caused by the injury of Taylor Wilson (don't know injury) and the withdrawal of de la Mora/Wilson.

Many thanks for posting this latest info to Sylvia and golden411

I guess Sylvia gave the scoop somewhere re these two pairs? :cool:

(I discovered the published schedule and the Jan 14 practice groups draft on my own, lest she or anyone else wonder why I did not cite her. I hadn't forgotten my manners. ;))

There. Two whole days from the first practice session, PLENTY of time. Are people happy now?

To be precise, not two whole days before, AFAIK. That would have been first thing Wednesday morning ET, and unless my eyes failed me, I could swear that the official link was not up yet.

The other thing that is odd to me is that the official link to the schedule was so silently added to northcarolina2015.com.
I found it only by repeatedly checking back to look for it on the schedule sub-page there. The home page does not flag this important update.
And absolutely nothing -- even as of this morning [Thu], with barely 24 hrs to go -- has been posted on the Twitter and FB accounts of USFS and northcarolina 2015.com to indicate that the detailed schedule finally has been published.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sorry golden411 I did see a post with the updated schedule and updated practice groups from Sylvia elsewhere. Her post was from about 10:30p.m. on 1/14. I didn't find the detailed schedule on the LOC website until this morning. Congratulations on finding the practice groups cause the only other place I could find them was from Sylvia's link.

Actually 1 championship (senior) pair withdrew - del a Mora/Wilson. The original pairs groups were kind of unbalanced so when they took 1 pair out they realigned it all and went from 4 groups down to 3.

You do a great job finding all of this stuff :points: Thanks for all of your hard work!

I guess Sylvia gave the scoop somewhere re these two pairs? :cool:

(I discovered the published schedule and the Jan 14 practice groups draft on my own, lest she or anyone else wonder why I did not cite her. I hadn't forgotten my manners. ;))

To be precise, not two whole days before, AFAIK. That would have been first thing Wednesday morning ET, and unless my eyes failed me, I could swear that the official link was not up yet.

The other thing that is odd to me is that the official link to the schedule was so silently added to northcarolina2015.com. I found it there only by repeatedly checking back to look for it.
Absolutely nothing -- even as of this morning [Thu], with barely 24 hrs to go -- has been posted on the Twitter and Facebook accounts of USFS and northcarolina 2015.com to indicate that the detailed schedule finally has been published.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry golden411 I did see a post with the updated schedule and updated practice groups from Sylvia elsewhere. Her post was from about 10:30p.m. on 1/14. I didn't find the detailed schedule on the LOC website until this morning. Congratulations on finding the practice groups cause the only other place I could find them was from Sylvia's link.

Actually 1 championship (senior) pair withdrew - del a Mora/Wilson. The original pairs groups were kind of unbalanced so when they took 1 pair out they realigned it all and went from 4 groups down to 3.

You do a great job finding all of this stuff :points: Thanks for all of your hard work!

Thx for your reply, MFarone. :)
Sounds as if Sylvia and I posted the published schedule link simultaneously. Great minds. ;) (I updated my post a little later with the latest practice groups after I remembered to experiment with the parallel URL.)

Thanks to you as well for all of your posts. Look forward to hearing about your experience in Greensboro.

(Duh ... please forgive my oblivion :bang: re Wilson being a member of the del a Mora/Wilson pair. Fancy that. :laugh2: The names had not registered on me ... still waking up this morning.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The news said the Spokane skaters have left already......I am sure the official hotel will let them know of any changes once they arrive....they are good at that.....So sorry for Ai Setoyama and her partner....heal fast and come back next year!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thx for your reply, MFarone. :)
(Duh ... please forgive my oblivion :bang: re Wilson being a member of the del a Mora/Wilson pair. Fancy that. :laugh2: The names had not registered on me ... still waking up this morning.)

You can wake up in the morning??? Wait till you get to be MY age....you have to get up PRETTY early in the afternoon to get ahead of me....:disapp:
Maybe we need a withdraw thread here.....

ice coverage

Record Breaker
btw/fyi: I see today that USFS finally has officially published the Practice Groups pdf. It is dated Jan 14, the same as the latest unofficial draft.

The link above is from the handy-dandy "Competition Central" page of usfigureskatingfanzone.com.

The Competition Central page consolidates a lot of links/information from elsewhere. Includes also the link to the same version (Jan 14) of the color-coded matrix schedule that is on northcarolina2015.com.​

You can wake up in the morning??? Wait till you get to be MY age....you have to get up PRETTY early in the afternoon to get ahead of me....:disapp:
Maybe we need a withdraw thread here.....

:laugh2: Naturally you need to get your beauty sleep when you can, so you will be well-rested to support all the skaters :popcorn: when you're at competitions. :yes:

Thanks for your good humor and generous spirit, Chris. Even from afar, I will enjoy Nats more than ever this year because of you. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
We will miss you at Nats...please think about attending in the future.....its like being at one party for 7 days...very tiring but very satisfying! There was never a nats I regreted going to....although one was close....:laugh2:
(Hey Elsa will be signing songs from "Frozen" at fanfest! I want to hear "Let it Go..." I wonder who she will be singing THAT for? )

btw/fyi: I see today that USFS finally has officially published the Practice Groups pdf. It is dated Jan 14, the same as the latest unofficial draft.

The link above is from the handy-dandy "Competition Central" page of usfigureskatingfanzone.com.

The Competition Central page consolidates a lot of links/information from elsewhere. Includes also the link to the same version (Jan 14) of the color-coded matrix schedule that is on northcarolina2015.com.​

:laugh2: Naturally you need to get your beauty sleep when you can, so you will be well-rested to support all the skaters :popcorn: when you're at competitions. :yes:

Thanks for your good humor and generous spirit, Chris. Even from afar, I will enjoy Nats more than ever this year because of you. :)

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
We will miss you at Nats...please think about attending in the future.....its like being at one party for 7 days...very tiring but very satisfying! There was never a nats I regreted going to....although one was close....:laugh2:

Chris, you deserve thanks also for "training" the feds to become more fan-friendly :bow::
I'm finally remembering to mention that I smiled and thought of you weeks ago when I noticed that Skate Canada very early on had added a "Camera Policy" link to its event page for this year's Canadian Nats.
I bet SC saw the light and decided to make the policy readily available this time as a result of your inquiry/nudging when you were doing your usual thorough prep to attend Skate Canada International.​

If I ever am able to attend a future competition, your posts will make me savvier ... and would love to say Thank You in person.

ETA:

Forgot also to add another general comment to the thread discussion of keeping the public out of the loop re the practice schedule and practice group listings until the eleventh hour.
The LOC is counting on access to the free practice sessions to lead to an increase in ticket sales -- which have been worse than in 2011, according to a Jan 15 article.
So IMO, it would have been in the interest of USFS not only to publish the practice schedule earlier, but also to publicize it. :confused2:

Ticket sales for the event are running behind the pace set in 2011, when Greensboro hosted the event for the first time.
“It changes every day, but it could be in the 15 percent range,” Hill Carrow, chairman of the North Carolina 2015 organizing committee, said Thursday. “We need to do some catching up. ...."
Paid attendance for the eight-day event in 2011 was 110,787, with another 50,805 attending the free FanFest and practice rink sessions in the coliseum’s Special Events Center. ...
“We’ve emphasized the FanFest and having practices over there free and open to the public,” Carrow said. “... We want people to come in, experience it where it doesn’t cost anything and hopefully build a little excitement and interest so they’ll want to buy a ticket and watch some of the competition.”

http://www.news-record.com/sports/f...cle_49b8abe4-9d12-11e4-85b6-73566cc38e35.html

Last edited:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Can anyone start a practice report? THis way if anyone is watching any of the Seniors especially like Pairs, Men, Etc we can hear what they are seeing during practice. I heard that the quad twist was preformed on Senior by S/K and that other teams were skating well. Also other Seniors had been spotted training and some were having some adjustment others were on fire and it was very scattered. Does or can anyone report on practice ice? Thanks!
Guess I am anxious given I am not attending this year:(