2015 Winter Universiade | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hooray! it's funny, how we view scores. If Fernandez had a score like that, I'd be heartbroken. But for Nan Song, I'm pretty pleased.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Hooray! it's funny, how we vein scores. If Fernandez had a score like that, I'd be heartbroken. But for Nan Song, I'm pretty pleased.

It seems like he had a clean performance with quad and combo.

Gorshkov should have mess up a bit... maybe fell on quad and... 3+2 combo?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
good score by Nan SONG!! It's also his first competition after a long time, so I'm twice happy for him :cheer2:
I'll use the ice resurfacing break to have my lunch... I'm also not so much interested in group 3 (I'm not a big fan of Hino... sorry), I'll be back for group 4 with Ponsart and Gachinski :party:

Poor Hino, he never got the hang of skating to music. :hopelessness:

cleo2070

Final Flight
I know, right? :)
I'm only curious about Hino in the next group, it seems to me that Japanese skaters have a way of surprising everybody... perhaps even more so this season (I'm thinking Daisuke Murakami, Rika Hongo; not sure to what extent Shoma Uno, since I don't follow juniors and maybe people saw it coming?)

ETA: this was in reply to Newbiespectator's "Hooray! it's funny, how we view scores. If Fernandez had a score like that, I'd be heartbroken. But for Nan Song, I'm pretty pleased.", but since I write so slowly... :slink:

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
AAAGGGH. NOOO! I LIKE Tanaka! :biggrin: I find his skating much more refined. --But he can't jump these days due to a back injury.

ops sorry :p
well... I'm glad Japan has Yuzu and Shoma... they REALLY are another level compared to them (and many other young skaters in the world :love: )

Interspectator

Record Breaker
ops sorry :p
well... I'm glad Japan has Yuzu and Shoma... they REALLY are another level compared to them (and many other young skaters in the world :love: )

I'm afraid Tanaka and Hino got left behind. They are already surpassed not just by Uno, but also by Sota at the last championships -and Sota's only 15.

alebi

Medalist
I know, right? :)
I'm only curious about Hino in the next group, it seems to me that Japanese skaters have a way of surprising everybody... perhaps even more so this season (I'm thinking Daisuke Murakami, Rika Hongo; not sure to what extent Shoma Uno, since I don't follow juniors and maybe people saw it coming?)

ETA: this was in reply to Newbiespectator's "Hooray! it's funny, how we view scores. If Fernandez had a score like that, I'd be heartbroken. But for Nan Song, I'm pretty pleased.", but since I write so slowly... :slink:

oooh if you have the chance to watch Shoma you'll understand why he's so much praised!
The Junior Gran Prix final in Barcelona is a GEM!!

alebi

Medalist
I'm afraid Tanaka and Hino got left behind. They are already surpassed not just by Uno, but also by Sota at the last championships -and Sota's only 15.

I agree, Sota is another to follow. I still have seen so few by now, so I don't want to create a high expectation, but if Tanaka and Hino don't have a sudden big change in their skating, they will not have a great future with these good youngsters

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I agree, Sota is another to follow. I still have seen so few by now, so I don't want to create a high expectation, but if Tanaka and Hino don't have a sudden big change in their skating, they will not have a great future with these good youngsters

Sota competed yesterday in a National Junior Highschool Championship and landed 2 3A's in his LP. So it's looking good for him right now. Fingers crossed for the future; I hope Shoma and Sota can both make it to the podium at Junior Worlds.

alebi

Medalist
New Season's Best for Hino 58.92 with 1.00 deduction.
58.92 30.87 29.05 6.05 5.70 5.85 5.80 5.65 1.00

well.. not a great score anyway. What's the matter with him? I looked at his bio and all his best scores have been made in the 2013

Interspectator

Record Breaker
well.. not a great score anyway. What's the matter with him? I looked at his bio and all his best scores have been made in the 2013

I bought the 2014-15 Fan-Book of Figure Skaters (a Japanese Fan book with great pictures and interviews; news etc.) which always includes interviews with the top 8 guys...Apparently Hino's best friend/skating buddy went off to another country to be a Pair Skater. -So he lost the home rink competition. But who really knows?:shrug:

alebi

Medalist
I bought the 2014-15 Fan-Book of Figure Skaters (a Japanese Fan book with great pictures and interviews; news etc.) which always includes interviews with the top 8 guys...Apparently Hino's best friend/skating buddy went off to another country to be a Pair Skater. -So he lost the home rink competition. But who really knows?:shrug:

Ryuichi Kihara?

alebi

Medalist
YES! Couldn't remember the name. Silly me.

I had the impression they were very close during junior champs!

Now it's time for Ponsart to show if he really deserves the place for Worlds!

ETA: 59.15 is a big... NO! :eek:hwell:

Last edited: