2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I am wondering who are the favorites for the podium going into Nationals.

I would only hazard a guess for ladies wth the podium being Gracie Ashley and Polina in that order mainly due to Wagner's placement in the GPF. I truly hope that this is the year Samantha gets recognized and her technical abilities cartch up with her beautiful, mature presentation. Her Carmen is one of the best I have enjoyed in many years. I'd like to see her make the podium in place of Polina as Polina has much time. She does the difficult combos and it is clear she is liked by the judges here and abroad.

I hope Jason wins Nationals though I think his programs last year were better vehicles. He just has so much charisma but if Aaron lands a quad.... I really cant get excited about Jeremy anymore nor any other senior U.S. male. I haven't followed the men to see the likely podium in this season. What are you all thinking/hoping?

in dance I like the Shibs or chock and bates equally and dont know who else should be on the podium. These two teams are so good and the ones to beat in America. I Ike the opposing camps rivalry.

Who will be the winners in pairs? I must confess I haven't any interest in us pairs since the post Olympic breakups took out the one pair I liked. After watching the Russians and Chinese pairs it is hard to get excited about our pair teams. Though certainly we would be competitive if the govt were paying the training etc. it really has turned into a very unfair eu never playing field for American skaters with only a few princesses getting ads during Olympic years.

So who are the best podium guesses?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie
Courtney
Ashley
Polina
Karen
Marai
Mariah

I'm wondering if Gracie wins us nationals then skips 4CC if she will cruise into worlds as under the radar as she has ever been and steals a big ole Gold medal. Can you imagine that?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Men's

1. Joshua
2. Max
3. Jason
4. Ricky

Ladies'

1. Gracie
2. Ashley W
3. Angela W
4. Ashley C

flying camel

Medalist
Women's

1. Gracie
2. Cesario - I want her to have her turn
3. Ashley
4. Mirai
5. Courtney

I think Gracie will go to Four Continents. Ashley on the other hand will probably decline.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men
Jason
Ricky
Josh
Max

Ladies
Gracie
Ashley W
Polina
Courtney

I doubt Gracie will do 4CC--she needs to be careful with that injured foot and save it for Worlds. Ashley W may or may not do 4CC. Polina probably will do 4CC whether or not she is tapped for Worlds.

Pairs
Scimeca / Knierim
Denney / Frazier
Castelli / Tran (not eligible for Worlds)
Kayne / O'Shea
Calalang / Sidhu

Dance
Chock / Bates
Shibutanis
Hubbell / Donohue
Hawayek / Baker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess my only real wish would be for Adam to get a medal, but I am not delusional enough to think it will happen. Jason, Max and Richard are most likely to podium, I guess, though Nathan Chen could be a dark horse. Whatever order they are in makes no difference to me.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'd like to see a decent skate by Joshua Farris because I love his skating and I think he ought to bring the jumps to match.
As for the Men's podium,

Jason
Richard
Max

Jason and Richard seem to be the most consistent of the guys this year. Their bad days are not so bad, their good days can be very, very good. Max has potentially high TES...but we haven't seen it yet this year.

Interested to see how this plays out.

Will Jeremy surprise everyone with yet another good Nationals performance?

cooper

Medalist
is gracie cleared to compete?? is she even 100%?

if not i'm going w/ wagner..

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Gold, Nagasu, Wagner, Zhang, Wang, Bell for ladies top 6! :cheer: let me dream......

Abbott, Aaron, Dornbrush, Brown in any order.

Denny/Frazier should be national champs! Then Scimeca/Knieriem, maybe Kayne/O'Shea? I'd love Castelli/Tran to make top 3, but they wouldn't get to compete internationally anyways...

I wish the Shibs could win over C/B - but that won't happen. I'd be fine with any combination of them and either of the H/Bs.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Ashley
2. Gracie
3. Polina
4. Samantha/Courtney

Men
1. Jeremy
2. Jason
3. Max
4. Ricky

Pairs
1. Denny/Frazier
2. Scimeca/Knierem

Dance
1. Chock/Bates
2. Shibutani/Shibutani
3. Hubbell/Donohue
4. Hawayek/Baker

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ladies: Dream podium would be Ashley regaining her title, while Samantha Cesario medals and goes to Worlds.

Actual podium would probably go:
1. Gracie
2. Ashley
3. Courtney
4. Polina
5. Samantha
6. Mirai

Men: Not sure what I wish for. Maybe the popular Joshua-Jason-Max podium (Jason has the best LP, Joshua has the best overall package, while Max has great speed and a different style). However, a part of me wants Richard Dornbush to go to Worlds.

These wishes are probably all for naught though. :) Jeremy Abbott will pull another one of his Nationals stunts, winning his fifth title and driving everyone crazy.

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
I hope Gracie would defend her title. Her jumps are looking good in instagram. I also hope that Polina would be in the podium, but if she is not, she will be there many times in the future.

I hope Shibs could catch the gold medal, but I don't believe it is going to happen

HanDomi

Record Breaker
If Max can land everything clean then he has a chance, but if Jason will go clean they are going propably to give him again PCS trough the roof like last year and others will have no chance ;)

MAybe Dornbush can win this if he can hold it together

I don't have too much faith in Farris. He is very talented but I don't know. Has he ever landed this quad in competition ?

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If Max can land everything clean then he has a chance, but if Jason will go clean they are going propably to give him again PCS trough the roof like last year and others will have no chance ;)

MAybe Dornbush can win this if he can hold it together

I don't have too much faith in Farris. He is very talented but I don't know. Has he ever landed this quad in competition ?
Yes, once: in the USA JGP a couple of seasons ago ;)

My biggest dream is about Samantha: I would really love to see her shining with her masterpiece FS (with a bit more speed and deep edges maybe :biggrin: ) and receiving the marks she deserves for PE, CH and IN!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My biggest dream is about Samantha: I would really love to see her shining with her masterpiece FS (with a bit more speed and deep edges maybe ) and receiving the marks she deserves for PE, CH and IN!

Would love to see her get higher PCS marks for sure. Maybe if she gets the crowd behind her, it might influence the judges.

My predictions for the podium for Sr Ladies and Men (any order)

- Ashley, Gracie and Courtney (although want Sam to be the spoiler, wishing the best for Mirai but I think her UR issue will keep her off the podium this year)
- Jason, Max and Ricky

tommybuffano12

Rinkside
Ladies
Ashley
Gracie
Polina

Men
Jeremy
Max
Jason

Dance