2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Predictions and Wishes

deedee1

Record Breaker
My dream podium will be Ricky, Jeremy, Ross and Stephen Carriere! ;)

Listen to this: Adam Rippon could give us a surprise.
I say it now.

:cool: Okay then I wouldn't mind Adam becoming the US champion. It's in my nature to cheer for veterans and underdogs! :biggrin:

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
Based on talent, I predict:
1. Gold - It's her title to lose; If she lands her 2 planned triple lutz-triple toe combinations, she automatically wins.
2. Wagner - She's become my favorite skater this year, but I fear she may have peaked already at the GPF. That performance may be hard for her to top.
3. Nagasu - A crowd favorite. Always in the hunt for a medal, but needs clean landings on her 3 planned triple flips to get on the podium. If she does, the crowd will go nuts!
4. Edmunds - So talented. I hope she medals again but she may not have the maturity yet.

charmblade

Final Flight
Of interest to people who watch pairs: per Lynn Rutherford's tweet, S/K will be debuting a quad twist!

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 2h2 hours ago
Exciting news from @lexxapaige @ChrisKnierim teleconference: They plan a quad twist at the U.S. Championships in Greensboro next week.

More on @lexxapaige @ChrisKnierim quad twist: Knierim: "If we execute it the way we've been doing it in practice we'll pick up points"

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/555055614414839809

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I say it now.

Well, I like that. I've been wishing for him to win for years now & I still do.
**sigh**
He has to attack, he has just go for all his jumps with gusto & a strong, committed mind frame.

The 2015 mens national champion Adam Rippon!!
Sounds good to me!:cheer:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I would like for Ashley to take it. I just love her 'don't count me out' spunky attitude. As they say, defending a title is very hard to do. Gold will really be in a pressure cooker, especially since Ashley did so well at the GPF. But I do suspect Gold will be held up.
For Wagner to regain her title would be wonderful.

1.Wagner
2.Gold
3.Nagasu

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Of interest to people who watch pairs: per Lynn Rutherford's tweet, S/K will be debuting a quad twist!

Exciting news from @lexxapaige @ChrisKnierim teleconference: They plan a quad twist at the U.S. Championships in Greensboro next week.

More on @lexxapaige @ChrisKnierim quad twist: Knierim: "If we execute it the way we've been doing it in practice we'll pick up points"

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/555055614414839809
Good luck to them! 4Tw is one of the most beautiful moves in pairs skating, imo, and it'll be a treat to see more of it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I say it now.

He gave me one last year, and not in a pleasant way. I thought he was a shoo-in.

That said, I wouldn't mind if he gave me the good kind of one this year.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm rooting for Josh, Max, and Ricky.

I've been waiting for Josh to light up an arena. He's got the goods. Now is the time to deliver.

This will sound perverse, I know. I'm a huge Jason fan, but I hope he skates well, but does not make the WC team.

He's going to need the quad to be a real contender on the World stage, not just an artist... a real podium threat... and it's past time we got over the whole semi-flirty "I've been practicing, maybe next competition" stage. So Jason, I hope you stay at home this year... you've got to figure out what it is you want exactly out of this sport.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I've been waiting for Josh to light up an arena. He's got the goods. Now is the time to deliver.

This will sound perverse, I know. I'm a huge Jason fan, but I hope he skates well, but does not make the WC team.

He's going to need the quad to be a real contender on the World stage, not just an artist... a real podium threat... and it's past time we got over the whole semi-flirty "I've been practicing, maybe next competition" stage. So Jason, I hope you stay at home this year... you've got to figure out what it is you want exactly out of this sport.

I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that Jason doesn't know what he wants out of the sport because he has a different competitive strategy. I think Jason knows he needs a quad to be competitive now, but he also wants to be at prime time for 2018 and 2022. So I'm sure he's planning accordingly.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I need to say I disagree; as far as I'm concerned, he can flirt all he wants. I totally agree with the concept of putting together a clean program with tons of triples. I would prefer to see that than a quad stuck in for the sake of a quad, or for the sake of a world medal.

Here comes my auto-pilot response to Jason and the quad and world medals (all who have read before can skip): Toller won very few world medals. And his Oly medal was essentially the "great career" bronze, which he barely won. We (all his fans) knew that the judging system wouldn't reward his talent. Because, after all, figure skating was a sport, and if you can't trace school figures, which is a verifiable, we-can-measure-it, aspect of sport, then you shouldn't be competing in a sport. Sport sport sport.

Jason is playing the game he needs to play; I think it's a shame that the system requires that game, but good for him. I want to see him and Misha Ge at worlds because I want to see them skate. With or without quads.

TMC

Record Breaker
I need to say I disagree; as far as I'm concerned, he can flirt all he wants. I totally agree with the concept of putting together a clean program with tons of triples. I would prefer to see that than a quad stuck in for the sake of a quad, or for the sake of a world medal.

Here comes my auto-pilot response to Jason and the quad and world medals (all who have read before can skip): Toller won very few world medals. And his Oly medal was essentially the "great career" bronze, which he barely won. We (all his fans) knew that the judging system wouldn't reward his talent. Because, after all, figure skating was a sport, and if you can't trace school figures, which is a verifiable, we-can-measure-it, aspect of sport, then you shouldn't be competing in a sport. Sport sport sport.

Jason is playing the game he needs to play; I think it's a shame that the system requires that game, but good for him. I want to see him and Misha Ge at worlds because I want to see them skate. With or without quads.

:agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I say it now.

He has changed his SP...is that the surprise? Seems risky, although I wasn't particularly enamored with the previous SP. Maybe he thinks he has nothing to lose. But whatever it takes to make him feel confident is ok with me.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Adam Rippon, but I don't want to see him at Worlds because he doesn't have anywhere near the confidence for such an assignment. He was a deer in the headlights at the GP, so I can't imagine how he could handle the pressure of Worlds. The US needs to send men who are capable of maintaining the 3 spots for 2016 in Boston. Even if he skates well at Nationals, Adam is a risky choice.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
He has changed his SP...is that the surprise? Seems risky, although I wasn't particularly enamored with the previous SP. Maybe he thinks he has nothing to lose. But whatever it takes to make him feel confident is ok with me.

Maybe he liked the TEB outfit so much he changed the music to match better. . . cuz sorry but that **** did not match tuxedo junction.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hear what you're all saying in defense of Jason on the quad issue. As I said, I'm a huge fan.

I still hope the WC team is Josh, Max and Ricky. If they hit the content they're capable of, then they have a chance at podium. Granted, the cards would have to fall just right, but it is possible. If Jason hits his planned content, it will be a great show, no doubt about it. But it almost certainly will not be enough.

Just one man's opinion.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I hear what you're all saying in defense of Jason on the quad issue. As I said, I'm a huge fan.

I still hope the WC team is Josh, Max and Ricky. If they hit the content they're capable of, then they have a chance at podium. Granted, the cards would have to fall just right, but it is possible. If Jason hits his planned content, it will be a great show, no doubt about it. But it almost certainly will not be enough.

Just one man's opinion.

Quite honestly, Jason, Josh, Ricky and Max all have ISU personal bests that are surprisingly close, they just get to their scores differently. High PCS is worth the same as high TES. So far, no e of the others have skated perfectly cleanly or achieved higher PCS than Jason in either the SP or FS. I don't think that there's much evidence that any one of these four would have a better chance to podium than any of the others.