Would you like to see a story on US pairs? | Golden Skate

Would you like to see a story on US pairs?

brenlynn

On the Ice
As the self-appointed US pairs spokeswoman, I thought I would do my civic duty ;) :laugh:

I got a thought the other day after browsing so many message boards where people were consistantly putting down the US pairs teams.

Anywho, my idea was to write to IFS and Blades on Ice trying to get them to do a cover story (or any story) for that matter on the top US pairs teams. Everyone is too caught up in the fact that so many of the US pairs want instant gratification and they don't achieve great results in their 1st season, they split.

Rena and John, Katie and Garrett, Tiff and Phil, and Jenny and John have been working their butts off and will only continue to improve. I really think it would be interesting to hear from the top US teams on how to stay together and be patient and share some of their stories. I just think this would be a really great read and give everyone some insight into the top US teams who don't get much publicity anyways because of the current state of US pairs program not being at the best.

If you would like to see the US pairs featured in a story please contact the following people...

IFS: [email protected]
Blades on Ice: [email protected]

lulu

Final Flight
That brings me up to a question: how exactly do BOI or IFS decide who to interview? Obviously as we have recently found out the skaters need to want to be interviewed ;) , but besides that how do they decide who to interview?

brenlynn

On the Ice
lulu said:
That brings me up to a question: how exactly do BOI or IFS decide who to interview?

I am not quite sure, I am assuming they go with who they think is of interest to the skating public :confused:

I hope those posters are putting down Chinese dance; Russian ladies and Japanese pairs, too. If not then just say yeah, yeah and leave it alone. Americans are not a well-liked group. There maybe good reason for that.

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
S&Z were recently featured on the cover of IFS.

As for the US pairs, they haven't been on the podium at World's since I&Z. I saw potential during Nationals broadcast, but the 'mature' pairs (Scott/Dulhebon, Inoue/Baldwin) have been disasters. I don't think I've ever seen either pair skate well in both SP & LP. I'm not talking about little bobbles, but multiple major mistakes.

BOI and IFS only feature the stars of figure skating, which will attract general skating fans. The only publication that might consider featuring up and comers in any of the disciplines would be the USFSA's 'Skating Magazine'. This magazine is probably the most behind on news and is not on newstands. You can subscribe to it by making a donation the US Figure Skating Memorial Fund - you'll also receive some small souvenir items for your donation.