Thread: Didier Gailhaguet Resigns as French Fed President

Custom Title

Didier Gailhaguet Resigns as French Fed President

On the Ice
    That one sure is a shockeroo. What will be next?

Wow! I would love to know what is behind that story. He was just re-elected to his post a year or so ago. It seemed like he was regarded by his own federation as a hero -- yeah, I cheated, but I cheated for the glory of France!

I can't believe he just decided calmly to step down. There must be some interesting politics going on behind the scene.

Thanks for posting the news, PAskate. And welcome to Golden Skate. We hope you like it here and decide to stick around!

Mathman

Someone must have shown him some photos and said, "I have the negatives." Either that, or Dick Button's been very busy.

I suspect we'll hear the reason for this some day. Maybe not soon, but some day.

Go NJ Devils
    I wouldn't gloat just yet. Kind of reminds me of politicians who lose elections or resign from some post in shame, and then end up as high six-figure lobbyists somewhere or as Attorney General with high seven-figure partnerships in law firms after they serve. I suspect he's left to make a lot of Euros somewhere.

Let's see what happens after Torino. Meantime, I presume he can kibbitz in the Euros and maybe Worlds.
    Maybe sometime in the future we'll hear more about the deal and who the other party was. His memoirs!!

Joe

Rogue Leader
    All I have to say is YAY!

Custom Title
    My first thought was that the lack of big money might make figure skating somehow less attractive. [Actually, in all honesty, my first thought was, even leeches let go of something that's been bled dry. I'm honest to a fault ] Then, I remembered, hasn't the French Fed been broke for some time now? Could the announcement of the ESPN contract and this be purely coincidental?

Originally posted by SusanBeth
    My first thought was that the lack of big money might make figure skating somehow less attractive. [Actually, in all honesty, my first thought was, even leeches let go of something that's been bled dry. I'm honest to a fault ] Then, I remembered, hasn't the French Fed been broke for some time now? Could the announcement of the ESPN contract and this be purely coincidental?
    You got it, SusanBeth. Didider did contribute to the lack of interest by ABC in future TV deals. Stupid man.

Joe

Custom Title
    I wonder if Cinquanta can hold on when his supporters start feeling the lack of ''flow'' in his act. This is going to be interesting.