2015 Canadian Nationals Short Dance Jan 23 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Canadian Nationals Short Dance Jan 23

slider11

Medalist
70.03 for Piper and Paul! Nice! I loved their "batman cape"/Spanish dance! They are always edgy and fun! Paul is a strong partner and Piper continues to grow as a graceful partner! I like them as silver medalists for the Canadian Nationals!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Results
1 76.26 Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje - NO 76.26 (1)
2 70.03 Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier - CO 70.03 (2)
3 64.87 Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam - CO 64.87 (3)
4 61.50 Elisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette - QC 61.50 (4)
5 61.06 Nicole Orford / Thomas Williams - BC/YK 61.06 (5)
6 56.63 Carolane Soucisse / Simon Tanguay - QC 56.63 (6)
7 55.66 Mackenzie Bent / Garrett Mackeen - EO 55.66 (7)
8 53.69 Madeline Edwards / ZhaoKai Pang - BC/YK 53.69 (8)
9 53.50 Andréanne Poulin / Marc-André Servant - QC 53.50 (9)
10 50.27 Victoria Hasegawa / Connor Hasegawa - WO 50.27 (10)
11 47.81 Mélissande Dumas / Simon Proulx-Sénécal - QC 47.81 (11)
12 47.66 Catherine Daigle-Roy / Dominic Barthe - QC 47.66 (12)
13 45.72 Mariève Cyr / Benjamin Brisebois-Gaudreau - QC 45.72 (13)
14 40.06 Alexa Linden / Jean Luc Jackson - BC/YK 40.06 (14)
15 35.61 Jade Robitaille / Philippe Granger - QC 35.61 (15)

Protocals: http://www.skatecanada.ca/results/2015CDNS/2015CDNSSrDanceShortsegJudgesDetails.pdf

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wish they'd shown P/O on TSN, considering they were 4th and all, but maybe that wasn't expected (should have been, though, based on their GP season I thought it would be a toss-up between them and O/W for 4th).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So Canadian. THe scores aren't nearly as inflated as say the US or Italy though I do doubt G and P would score that high. Liked W and P more and G and P are definitely showing hey are no 2 in Canada.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I wish they'd shown P/O on TSN, considering they were 4th and all, but maybe that wasn't expected (should have been, though, based on their GP season I thought it would be a toss-up between them and O/W for 4th).

I think P&O were in the 2nd-last group, weren't they? I think they were just a victim of the t.v. schedule. TSN decided to only show the last group, even though it would have made sense to show a couple of teams from the 2nd-last group, including P&O. Presumably they will be shown on the Saturday night CTV coverage since they will be in the final flight.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think P&O were in the 2nd-last group, weren't they? I think they were just a victim of the t.v. schedule. TSN decided to only show the last group, even though it would have made sense to show a couple of teams from the 2nd-last group, including P&O. Presumably they will be shown on the Saturday night CTV coverage since they will be in the final flight.

Yeah, they were in the 2nd last group, so I guess TSN hadn't even taped them.

Froze

Spectator
They cut away from it on the televised feed, but G/P "staying in character" meant that they skated straight off of the ice. No bow to the crowds. No stopping by the young fan that gave them that huge teddy bear. Where's the respect for your fans?

Gitisha

Spectator
They cut away from it on the televised feed, but G/P "staying in character" meant that they skated straight off of the ice. No bow to the crowds. No stopping by the young fan that gave them that huge teddy bear. Where's the respect for your fans?
They did bow to the crowd, in character, which you can see quite clearly in the video. After the event they went upstairs in the concourse, found the young lady who gave them the dog, and spent a long time with her, chatting and signing autographs for her. Piper posted a photo on twitter, saying she would be sleeping with the dog and dreaming of free dances. Personally, I think that shows a lot of class. But then, they are classy people.