Kim Cattrall to star in Skating movie! | Golden Skate

Kim Cattrall to star in Skating movie!

floskate

On the Ice
Just saw this on another board. Apparently some pretty good novice skaters have been hired for this too.

For more info go here

Longhornliz

Final Flight
She irritates me, they werent able to come to an agreement to make a feature film out of SATC because she demanded equal pay and screen time to SJP!!!

Spirit

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:
She irritates me, they werent able to come to an agreement to make a feature film out of SATC because she demanded equal pay and screen time to SJP!!!

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll find a way to write her a guest appearance on "Sex and the City: The Next Generation."

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Spirit said:
Don't worry. I'm sure they'll find a way to write her a guest appearance on "Sex and the City: The Next Generation."
And if not, she can be the central character in "Sex and the City III: The Search for Samantha".
Rave

Yhey will use Peggy Flemming as a body double to show Kim when she was younger in a flashback.

All kidding aside. It will be interesting to see how well the movie sells on opening day at theatres across the country. If it's high (and I doubt it) it would be reason for ABC to keep the competitions on ABC.

Joe

N

nthuz

Here is a link to a thread about the casting of some of the skaters.

edited by Gsk8: Link was removed from this post per request of Message Board owner (Unseen Skaters).

Juliana was 10th in Novice ladies at 2004 Nats.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In some ways she looks like Frederic Dambier's coach.

Dee

Sylvia

Record Breaker
nthuz said:
Here is a link to a thread about the casting of some of the skaters.

edited by Gsk8: Link was removed from this post per request of Message Board owner (Unseen Skaters).

Juliana was 10th in Novice ladies at 2004 Nats.

I'd like to summarize what was in the Unseen Skaters thread (we're trying to conserve bandwidth there) and what I've posted elsewhere online ...

One of the supporting roles will be played by US skater Juliana Cannarozzo, who placed 10th in Novice at 2004 US Nationals (she was also the 2002 Juvenile and 2003 Intermediate national silver medalist), and I've heard that she will play the role of Zoe, the "goth" girl. Sandra Rucker (who has previously qualified for US Nationals in junior and novice) will be the body double for Trachtenberg, and Kirsten Olson, the Intermediate silver medalist at 2004 Junior Nationals (great spinner!), has also won a role in the film.

Folks in the Toronto area can participate as extras in the movie in June -- for more info, read the Skate Canada press release at:
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/news_views/news/2003_2004/04_may7.cfm

N

nthuz

Sorry Sylvia,

I don't understand what "bandwith" is, much less how it is used up! I hope I didn't cause you a problem because of my lack of computer savvy.

Thank-you Sylvia, for the wonderful job you do at your site.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, I must be the only one that isn't enormously annoyed or bothered by Kim Cattrall. She is a competent actress, though she is certainly no Katherine Hepburn. She is who she is. I don't expect this film to be Oscar caliber, but hopefully it won't be a total cheesefest either. Good luck to all involved and I do hope that it is at least a solid effort!

Hannah

Spectator
Just curious! Why would GSK8 remove the link that NTHUZ
previously posted? Are there any other links available?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I requested that the link be removed and summarized what was at the link in my post above. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to send me a private message.

P.S. Thanks, nthuz!