TES Mins and the number or entries and countries | Golden Skate

TES Mins and the number or entries and countries

artisticskaterfan

Spectator
I have been hunting and hunting for how many skaters are needed at a Senior B, and how many different countries or members are needed for the TES mins to count for Worlds, Jr Worlds, European, and 4CC. Can some one tell me and direct me to the rule section that describes this please.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
ISU Communication 1797

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4529

The Minimum Total Technical Score (not including Component Scores) is a Technical Score and must have been reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 of the ISU Constitution and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9 of the ISU General Regulations) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season in both segments, Short Program/Short Dance and Free Skating/Free Dance (See ISU Special Regulations Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance 2014, Rule 378, paragraph 3). {See below quote}

Minimum Total Elements Scores: To be entered into and participate in an ISU Championships a Skater/Pair/Couple must have reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season the applicable Minimum Total Elements Scores (points). The applicable Minimum Total Elements Scores shall be decided for each season by the ISU Council based on a joint proposal from the respective Technical Committee and the Sports Director(s) and shall be published in an ISU Communication. 4. Each Member may enter for each discipline one substitute in the case of one entry and no more than two substitutes in the case of two or more entries. The substitutes may compete only if their Members have withdrawn the name of their Competitors initially entered for the concerned discipline at least one hour before the first draw begins
While the Minimum Total Technical Score must be reached separately in each segment (not a total of the two segments), the Minimum Total Technical Score for each segment may be reached at different competitions. *) the required minimum Total Technical Score for the Short Program/Short Dance and the Free Skating/Free Dance segment to participate in the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships can only Competitions/Championships be obtained in registered International Junior Competitions/Championships

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I have been hunting and hunting for how many skaters are needed at a Senior B, and how many different countries or members are needed for the TES mins to count for Worlds, Jr Worlds, European, and 4CC. Can some one tell me and direct me to the rule section that describes this please.

ISU Communication 1797

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4529

The Minimum Total Technical Score (not including Component Scores) is a Technical Score and must have been reached in an ISU recognized International Competition (as per Article 38, paragraph 7 of the ISU Constitution and Rule 107, paragraphs 1 to 9 of the ISU General Regulations) during the ongoing or immediately preceding season ....

Excerpt from Article 38, paragraph 7:
International Competitions are competitive events (ISU Events and other events) as listed under Rule 107, paragraph 1-11.

Rule 107, paragraph 4, seems to be the part most relevant to ASF's OP:
4. Definition of International Competition
An International Competition under paragraphs 5 to 13 is a competition for which:

a) The organizing Member invites at least one foreign Member to participate.
b) The entry of Competitors can be made only through the respective Members.
c) Competitors from at least two Members participate.
d) Conducted in accordance with the Rules of the ISU.
e) In all International Competitions organized as a series, television and advertising agreements must be authorized by the ISU Director General to avoid conflicts with ISU contracts.

Source:
ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2014 (pages 80 and 100)
http://static.isu.org/media/165642/constitution-and-general-regulations-version-july-31-2014.pdf (155-page PDF)​

Last edited:

artisticskaterfan

Spectator
Thank you, I think this must be why I couldn't find it as I was looking within the TES items. So basically, rule 107 ph 4 calls out that if there are two members which I would believe the hosting member would count as one. They this sets the stage for a sanctioned ISU event, and then any Min TES would count. Correct?

artisticskaterfan

Spectator
Ok, I have another question then about the Min TES. Would the same rules apply to judges. To make a competition a ISU event, do you need just one Judge from another country and all other Judges can be from the host country?