What's going to happen on Friends tonight? | Golden Skate

What's going to happen on Friends tonight?

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
I have some guesses. I just hope it's not two hours of flash backs. I think the big story is Ross and Rachel. I think Ross will beg her not to get on the plane. Rachel will go anyway. In the last few minutes we will see Rachel get off the plane and run to Ross' arms. Monica will get pregnant and adopt a new baby. I still wonder if Chandler will end up gay. Phoebe and Mike will work as a duet and get discovered or win the lottery. What is you guess.
Daniel and Little Lulu

Aloft04

On the Ice
You know, I must be one of say - three people in this country who has never seen a complete episode of 'Friends'.....I'm not sure who the other two are.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my dad could count as the third

watched it last night... loved it... cried... Chandler will never end up gay... he could never hurt Monica like that... BESIDES they already had one marriage end like that on the show can't keep repeating story lines LOL

so glad to see Ross and Rachael hook up... David Schwimmer made me cry! LOL and the fooseball table *sniff* I can't believe they had to brake it apart... I loved that table...

and what about the twins thing? I thought that was the only lame part of the show... really dumb how they did that IMHO... but Matthew's lines were great(or maybe just the way he delivered them?)!

I'm going to miss new episodes... but dang it was good while it lasted... for the most part :laugh:

the first hour with all of the clips was great... Ms Chanandler Bong.... Ross's Leather Pants....

here's an off note... I haven't watched any of this season save for the finale... but what happened with the original chicken and duck? Did they die?

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I feel pretty silly saying this, but I'm sad it's over. I LOVED the show. I thought it was funny from start to finish. I'm not a big TV watcher, but I still enjoy watching the synidated shows when I'm eating dinner - I've seen some episodes many times and still find them funny.

Didn't think the last episode was great, but didn't expect it to be. Glad that Ross and Rachel ended up together ... they just had to.

Toni, I agree, the foosball table *sniff* - also, duck jr. and chick jr.

Very strange to see the apartment empty.

Also thought the first hour was great. Good clips that had me laughing throughout.

Great show, IMO, and I'll miss it.

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now where is the 3rd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here's the fourth, unless you count the one time I tried to watch when Brad Pitt was on it but couldn't stand more than five minutes of it.

As to what's going to happen tonight on "Friends"? They're all going away!!!! YIPPEEE!!! WAHOO!!!

Oh wait. Except the spin-off show for one of them. Barf. Oh, well. Just another show I don't have to watch.
Rgirl

I suppose all of you show biz people already know this, but I just found out that there is a tradition to wear purple on your last show before you leave the cast. They were all wearing purple except Joey, who will have his own show, and Chandler, who will move to West Wing.

Last night's show, however, was NOT the all-time worst "last episode." That distiction goes to Seinfeld, hand's down. (Runners-up: Mash and Cheers). Best: Mary Tyler Moore.:)

Mathman

Lcp88

On the Ice
Ugg. This is coming from someone whos only seen about 10 Friends episodes in her life....but jeez was that bad!!!! Not the worst finally, but SO corny!! The twin thing was bad enough, but then the final moments when the camera zoomed around the empty room towards the door? Did the studio not want to pay the actors any more than they already did for that episode?!?! Oh well. Maybe I just didn't understand the sentimental value of it all. I personally thought ER was 10 times better lst night
Laura

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Monica's appartment is where it all began... well not really it began technically in Central Perk... but Monica's appartment was home to all of them... Joey and Phoebe and Rachael and Ross all spent more time in Monica and Chandler's appartment than their own! :eek:

They were all wearing purple except Joey, who will have his own show, and Chandler, who will move to West Wing.
Actually, from what Matthew Perry (ie Chandler) said on Dateline he's not sure if he'll be on West Wing full time... for now he's still just a re-curring roll... I think he's still trying to make it big in movies... but if he doesn't get out of "Chandler Mode" in movies soon he's not going to last long there... jmho... his latest movie with Bruce Willis ("The Whole 10 Yards") has gotten mixed reviews... and I missed it when it was playing here so I have to wait for it to come out on DVD to make my own opinions...

still out of all of the actors on FRIENDS Matthew and David are by far the best actors out there... Matt Le Blanc, Courtney, and Jennifer are all very good... but I've never seen them outside of their characters... even in other movies...

I was sad to see it go... but hey they are on DVD and VHS now... so pop one in any time! LOL

MASH rules! and they had a great farewell...

now on to the end of Fraiser! :( (and ER was great for the first 5 seasons... but now is blah!)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
When Lisa Kudrow received such glowing reviews in "Analyze This" and "Analyze That," I never understood what all the hoopla was about! She was incredibly mediocre--it's not like that role was any stretch! Actually, after her snippy appearance on Jay Leno, I noticed how similar her real personality seemed to be to the character in those two films.

But even so, on Friends she wasn't as annoying as Monica or Rachel.

About "stretch," I don't think there is any such thing as acting any more. All I see is casting. Then the actors play themselves.

MM:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I find Phoebe incredibly annoying... stupid people annoy me... and the fact that Lisa's "acting" wasn't as great as the rest was distracting... she was so scripted! :eek:

how were Rachael and Monica annoying? I totally identified with them!

About "stretch," I don't think there is any such thing as acting any more. All I see is casting. Then the actors play themselves.

again, I disagree... yes there are a lot of themselves in their characters... but goodness after 10 years they're bound to become their character and vice versa

there's a difference between type-casting... and actually just playing the character as if the character was you.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I enjoyed the finale and got a bit weepy. I would have preferred to have Erica hesitate about giving up her children and that Monica would discover that she's pregnant (which also happened on Mary Tyler Moore when Ted and Georgette adopted and found out she was pregnant right afterwards.

Besides the obvious references to the past, did anyone else catch the 'falangie' is the last name of Phoebe's alias Regina Falangie (she used the name when she didn't want to tell someone her real name).

It was pretty obvious that the show was set up to be split into 2 shows when it plays in syndication.

BTW, fellow TiVo'ers. Did yours stop recording 4 minutes before the end of the show? Fortunately, I was home watching and got to see the last few minutes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I was so worried Erica was going to take the baby back... but then that wouldn't have been a happy ending for Monica and Chandler... and we all know just how many bad endings Chandler's had

"More turkey mr. Chandler???" ;)

Mathman said:
But even so, on Friends she wasn't as annoying as Monica or Rachel.

MM:)
Says Mathman who has seen about three movies in his entire life:p Hey, I TOLD you I had a reply to you on this, but nooooo, you just couldn't wait. You go watch every film done by Alfred Molina, Gene Hackman, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, Julianne Moore, George Clooney, Phillip Seymor Hoffman, John C. Reilly, Jeremy Davies, and even Big Bobby DeNiro to name just a few and come back and tell me there's no such thing as acting anymore. You do realize that casting directors only bring a group of actors that fit into the general categories described by the director and producers. Directors make the final choice, unless the producers have something else written into the contract. And of course the actor can be offered the role but doesn't necessarily take it, ie, Tea Leoni was offered the Phoebe role (I think, or maybe it was Monica--who cares?) and turned it down.

However, I do agree there is no such thing as acting on network TV. There's some great acting on cable shows, especially HBO.

Mathman, Mathman, Mathman. Sigh. You hate "The Godfather" and "The Godfather II," but you seem to know an awful lot about "Friends.":p:p:p;)
Mean Ol' Rgirl
Rgirl