Chan returning in 2015! aims for the Olympics | Golden Skate

Chan returning in 2015! aims for the Olympics

yangjie

On the Ice
according to Asahi news paper (leading newspaper in Japan)
Patrick chan announces returning to completion in 2015/2016 season
and aims for pyeongchang olympic.
he announced at stars on ice in Osaka on 10th.

he says ' my next aim is to compete in pyeongchang olympic.
i also practice quad jumps'

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Chan really appreciates, enjoys, and cherishes being in the Olympics however he places. I think he is addicted to the feelings. :) Good for us and the sport. He seems, and I hope he does, to have acquired a lighter mind about competitions. His performances this season off the ISU circuit have been those of easy elegance so I really look forward to his return with his best still to come.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
He's not plagued with health problems and is still feeling competitive, so it's great that he's coming back. Always great to have a variety of skaters in the field. :yes: hope everyone stays healthy and in good condition.

cooper

Medalist
chan has a lot of korean fans.. and i'm sure they will be rooting for him in pyeongchang..

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah...it'll be good motivation. But Patrick and Yuzu will have to fend off many others, including Mr. Spicy himself, Nam XD
I don't want to say this but I highly doubt that Nam can ever reach the level of PChiddy's skating skill.
Yes he can up his jumps for better TES. But in my eyes PChiddy will always get the better PCS than Nam.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
He's such a beautiful skater. I stilll watch his TEB performances over and over again. I hope the off-season has energize him and that he provide a good competition for the Japanese men.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I hope that in the future seasons he will skate with less pressure on his shoulders, his own mind is always his own undoing, I can't wait to see him skate again, his skating skills are so beautiful, seeing him skate with less pressure in the Japan Open last year was really great

oriquey

Final Flight
I don't want to say this but I highly doubt that Nam can ever reach the level of PChiddy's skating skill.
Yes he can up his jumps for better TES. But in my eyes PChiddy will always get the better PCS than Nam.

Personally, I think it's hard for anybody to reach the SS of Chiddy and Taka in this discipline. But I think under Orser and his team he can improve well enough to be decent. Currently, his jumps are still small and he doesn't have much speed but he's crazy consistent. Who knows what the next few years will do to Nam but I know he's been vocal about his desire to win the gold medal for Canada in 2018. Determination and drive can do wonders.

emma

Record Breaker
So often I fear reading the new threads here as they announce an injury, break-up or whatever that makes me sad. This news makes me really, really happy. I can't quite say that I love Chan's skating as much as I loved Kwan's, as she made me feel emotions that I have honestly never felt otherwise while watching skating...but for me, and I totally get it that this is not for others, but for me, Chan enchants me and captures me that is, again to me, and makes me want to be sure I keep up with what's going on in a way that I can only say delights me. This news makes me happy!

That said - i hope it is totally clear that I am a Chan uber AND a skating uber - I really see amazing things in all of them and totally love Hanyu, and Abbot, and Kazuka, and Brown, and Farris and Kovtun....and so on. Simply thrilled to be able to hope that we see Chan compete again.

rain

Record Breaker
I sincerely hope this comes to pass. Chan is one of my all-time favourites and I was not yet ready to say goodbye to him on the competitive circuit. It sounds like he's gotten his motivation and love for it back. I'd love to see him win Olympic gold.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Personally, I think it's hard for anybody to reach the SS of Chiddy and Taka in this discipline. But I think under Orser and his team he can improve well enough to be decent. Currently, his jumps are still small and he doesn't have much speed but he's crazy consistent. Who knows what the next few years will do to Nam but I know he's been vocal about his desire to win the gold medal for Canada in 2018. Determination and drive can do wonders.
I don't know but even when I tried to, I couldn't enjoy Nam's skating. His jumps are small and underwhelming. I don't feel the wow factor. And his humor is running dry both on and off ice to me. He's young, true. But there are many more young skaters I find more exciting to watch.
I'd take PChiddy over him.

Last edited:

leolion11

On the Ice
So happy to see Patrick's coming back for the Pyeongchang olympics :cheer: It's a good thing for the sport to have a few top contenders so it shakes things up a little :biggrin: But well, I hope his comeback turns out to be like how Plushenko was after the 2002 Olympics and not the way Alissa Czisny's went (aka, not a disaster)