Yuna's 2013 Worlds LP Score | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna's 2013 Worlds LP Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
At 2004 Worlds, Arakawa got ONE 6.0 in tech. For a 7-triple program that included a 3Lz-3T-2Lo and a 3S-3T. Yeah no, 2013 Worlds or even 2010 Vancouver Yuna wouldn't get close to straight 6.0s in tech unless she were skating in Korea. That said it was still an incredible skate so I could see 6.0s happening in presentation, especially since she was the last to go.

Also, I think Irina got a one or two 6.0's at the 2000-01 GPF when she did her two 3-3's. I agree that a skater could not get 6.0's after 1988 for a program without 7 triples.

anyanka

Record Breaker
6.0 across the board for both tech and presentation? I don't think so! Even assuming her presentation was on a par with Kostner and Asada (I would have to watch it again), I doubt she would have gotten higher than 5.9 on the second mark. 6.0s were not easy to come by at Worlds. And on the first mark--6.0 with only six triples and no 3-loop? Not under the old system. Midori Ito got a few 6.0s (not across the board) for tech for a program with a 3-3 and a 3A. That and 7 triples was what someone probably needed to get a 6.0 in tech under the old system. And no skater ever got 6.0s across the board in tech.

Good call. And you're right re: Ito, she got a half-dozen of them at 1989W IIRC for tech and that was probably THE technical clinic of the 6.0 era for ladies! Now artistry on the other hand, I could see Yuna getting half a dozen for them for sure.

jkun

Final Flight
Oh I see I wasn't aware of PC changes...I don't really understand how PCs work though, I can understand Kostner, Asada and Yuna scoring high but I don't understand how Adelina managed a 74.41 at Sochi which is higher than Yuna's Worlds & Vancouver performance and anything Kostner and Asada has done (from what I know).

:laugh2::laugh2:

Still in denial. Why did this happen to us?? :drama::cry::no:

jkun

Final Flight
Also, I think Irina got a one or two 6.0's at the 2000-01 GPF when she did her two 3-3's. I agree that a skater could not get 6.0's after 1988 for a program without 7 triples.

I think it is disappointing that the 6.0 judges were so obsessed with skaters landing 7 jumps, but didn't seem to care much about URs as long as they didn't lead to falls.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I can understand Kostner, Asada and Yuna scoring high but I don't understand how Adelina managed a 74.41 at Sochi which is higher than Yuna's Worlds & Vancouver performance and anything Kostner and Asada has done (from what I know).
Extremely few one understand that so it's okay, you're still in major part :laugh2:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think it is disappointing that the 6.0 judges were so obsessed with skaters landing 7 jumps, but didn't seem to care much about URs as long as they didn't lead to falls.
I think it's disappointing that COP judges care so much about URs, even more so than they care about skaters staying on their feet.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

Michelle was doing 7 regularly with great artistry, so she really set that bar, not the judges. Even with all those 7 triple programs I'm not sure that she ever got a 6.0 for technical merit, so you really had to do something special to get the mark.

kiara_bleu

On the Ice
I think Michelle once mentioned during an interview that skaters have to do so much more now than they did in the past. That it seems that they are rushing from one element to another because there are so many requirements. If skaters don't have to do all these transitions and level 3/4 step sequences and spins, more of them would probably be attempting 7 triple jumps. Jenny Kirk also jokes that some skaters then used the spins as their rest period and you can't really do that now.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I thought her 2013 world's fre skating was even better than 2010 olympic's. I think the score is right. Jmo

This. I thought her 2013 Worlds LP was definitely on par or better than 2010 Olympics LP. It was flawless. Don't even put 2014 in the equation, that was the era of inflation not seen since the Great Depression... :laugh:

If anything, we should talk about how her 2013 Worlds SP was completely underrated. That thing should have been at least 74+.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
This. I thought her 2013 Worlds LP was definitely on par or better than 2010 Olympics LP. It was flawless. Don't even put 2014 in the equation, that was the era of inflation not seen since the Great Depression... :laugh:

If anything, we should talk about how her 2013 Worlds SP was completely underrated. That thing should have been at least 74+.

:bow:

CarneAsada

Medalist
I thought her 2013 Worlds LP was definitely on par or better than 2010 Olympics LP. It was flawless. Don't even put 2014 in the equation, that was the era of inflation not seen since the Great Depression... :laugh:

Really, her 2013 SP equal to her 2014 Olympic SP? If we go by post-Sochi Tarasova's judging criteria, the vampire dress was definitely prettier, but overall...

But don't get me wrong, that SP should definitely have broken 70, how Carolina got so close to her with a fall on a 3T-3T I will never understand.

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Really, her 2013 SP equal to her 2014 Olympic SP?
Not on par, because Sochi SP was underscored as well :yes:

In my book, both her SP were underrated about 2~3 points. 76+ for Sochi and ~72 for London are right. On the other hand, both her LP scores were right, yes, even Adios, I think with that performance, her score was acceptable. If not for the russian inflation, I can live if she got gold with that score.

Last edited:

usethis2

Medalist
The difference is from PCS, as you said her TES was lower in 2013 due to less element/level/jump. Her PCS was 2 points higher but total score was 2 points lower so it nothing but fair.

Personal I think before question any Yuna's score, we should take a look at some other OGM as well as "second highest total score ever", but remember we already discussed about it around 300 pages so never mind, lol
Does that thread exist? I thought that it somehow disappeared. I was very disappointed by that from the GS staff, considering many member spent time and energy. When I last looked for it I couldn't locate it. It totally turned me off from this forum, not to mention the FS in general. (Plus certain members' racism and nationalism)

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Does that thread exist? I thought that it somehow disappeared. I was very disappointed by that from the GS staff, considering many member spent time and energy. When I last looked for it I couldn't locate it. It totally turned me off from this forum, not to mention the FS in general. (Plus certain members' racism and nationalism)
You can find it in Archive box, several theards actually.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Her Les Miserables LP is just crossovers plus jumps with extremely well done posing. I think over 145 for that program is quite generous IMHO. The only LP's by Yuna which deserve high scores are her Scheherezade and Gershwin LP

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Her Les Miserables LP is just crossovers plus jumps with extremely well done posing. I think over 145 for that program is quite generous IMHO. The only LP's by Yuna which deserve high scores are her Scheherezade and Gershwin LP
Okay, Mao fan :rolleye:

QuadThrow

Medalist
To me, in Vancouver and London Yuna just outnumberst the rest of the field. She was perfect and even Mao Asada had have no chance in spite of three 3A.

In Sochi Yuna was under big pressure after the quizzical and vast score for Adelina. Nevertheless she was breathtaking and made me spechless.

That is why the Sochi´s LP is my favourit.

I will never forget this evening. Mao, Carolina and Kostner were out of this world.

skaterr

On the Ice
PCS have become inflated over the years--for everybody. There's no way to compare 2013 PCS to 2010 PCS (and 2010 PCS to 2006 PCS).

Score doesn't really matter after Sochi. I will not be surprised at any circumstance.
It's meaningless. :think:

kiara_bleu

On the Ice
Let us just get this out of the way...

All Yuna did well in Worlds 2013 were the jumps and she didn't even do ALL triple jumps. How can somebody be a World champion when she doesn't even attempt a triple loop. She was emotionless, even robotic. All those commentators from different countries that raved about her performance doesn't know anything about artistry if it hit them on the head, there are doubts if they even know anything about figure skating. I'm not even going to talk about how the audience were applauding and on their feet even before she finished. That is not worth mentioning.

The ISU was determined to make Kim Yuna the star of figure skating at the expense of other far worthier skaters. They must have been heavily influenced by the Korean federation. Instead of building skating rinks for their figure skaters or making their program stronger, the federation thought it was better to use that money to influence ISU or the judges for Kim Yuna. ISU also wanted to keep figure skating popular in South Korea. Okay, the South Korean market is actually smaller than Japan or China and South Korean singers/actors/actresses go out of their way to expand to those countries. But does ISU make logical decisions all the time?

I think this pretty much is all the explanation you need for Yuna's score at Worlds 2013 (or at any competition, really) :biggrin:

JayW

Final Flight
Let us just get this out of the way...

All Yuna did well in Worlds 2013 were the jumps and she didn't even do ALL triple jumps. How can somebody be a World champion when she doesn't even attempt a triple loop. She was emotionless, even robotic. All those commentators from different countries that raved about her performance doesn't know anything about artistry if it hit them on the head, there are doubts if they even know anything about figure skating. I'm not even going to talk about how the audience were applauding and on their feet even before she finished. That is not worth mentioning.

The ISU was determined to make Kim Yuna the star of figure skating at the expense of other far worthier skaters. They must have been heavily influenced by the Korean federation. Instead of building skating rinks for their figure skaters or making their program stronger, the federation thought it was better to use that money to influence ISU or the judges for Kim Yuna. ISU also wanted to keep figure skating popular in South Korea. Okay, the South Korean market is actually smaller than Japan or China and South Korean singers/actors/actresses go out of their way to expand to those countries. But does ISU make logical decisions all the time?

I think this pretty much is all the explanation you need for Yuna's score at Worlds 2013 (or at any competition, really) :biggrin:

Are you being sarcastic?

I thought the LP score is fine, and the SP is underscored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.