Final VCR Alert Of The Season | Golden Skate

Final VCR Alert Of The Season

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=9000C0]Sadly, not only will this be the last VCR alert of the season, but evidently, also the last time an event of this nature will ever be viewable by people who don't have cable :mad: To hear Peggy and Dick give their final commentary, tune to ABC on Sunday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon if you live on the west coast, and from 1:00 to 3:00 PM if you live on the east coast, for Marshall's World Skating Challenge. Presumably the proceedings will begin somewhere in between those two times if you live in South Dakota, so check your local listings.[/COLOR]

thvudragon

On the Ice
IIRC, these future made for TV events will continue to be on ABC, as well as US Nationals. The ESPN deal only covers ISU events, not USFSA ones. Also, ABC may still air Worlds Ladies Final.

TV

Becca84

Rinkside
I'm looking forward to watching the last event of the season! I'll just enjoy it & not think about how little I'll see next season...

pairsfan

On the Ice
Actually it's on from 3-5pm on the west coast. ABC doesn't work like ESPN. Instead of subtracting 3 hours, we always have to check web sites or trust TV Guide. Out here it is on right after an NBA playoff game. Hopefully we won't miss too much!

IDLERACER

Medalist
pairsfan said:
Actually it's on from 3-5pm on the west coast. ABC doesn't work like ESPN. Instead of subtracting 3 hours, we always have to check web sites or trust TV Guide. Out here it is on right after an NBA playoff game. Hopefully we won't miss too much!

All I know is that according to Yahoo's TV schedule, it'll air from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon here in Southern California. My suggestion is to set your VCR for that time, and if it's not accurate, no problem. Just tune in later in the afternoon and tape over whatever boring golf game you captured.

LBC

On the Ice
registered said:
Yes, I believe time differ for Southern and Northern CA, so check your LOCAL listings!

The San Antonio vs LA Lakers NBA playoff game is effecting that time I think. The game is to tip off at 12:30PM Pacific and the LA stations are probably going to have post game shows afterwards so they moved skating to before the game. Actually the LA people are lucky as they don't have to worry about the game running over and cutting into skating. Skating will be aired before the game in the east.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks once again Idle.........I totally would have forgotten this one.......it's on at 3:00 west coast time in the San Joaquin Valley.............(Please basketball, don't go into overtime....) 42

Bijoux

Match Penalty
missed it non east coast

due to having to pay homage to mother. can anyone write a detailed repoert or perhaps do a cheap tape for a poor fan?

never hurts to ask. asked once before and got led on and lied to but I can't be the only sincere person on forum. Have been wanting to see the Sasha performance wow and Michelle's and Irina's 6 triples!

Thanks and blessings come to do gooders/

Bijoux

Kasey

Medalist
It started at 3:23 pm in Reno....not sure who or what I missed, started with Plushy, now Brian.

Bijoux, if you want a tape copy, send me a private message. I'll make one for ya...

Kasey

IDLERACER

Medalist
Re: missed it non east coast

Bijoux said:
due to having to pay homage to mother. can anyone write a detailed repoert or perhaps do a cheap tape for a poor fan?

never hurts to ask. asked once before and got led on and lied to but I can't be the only sincere person on forum. Have been wanting to see the Sasha performance wow and Michelle's and Irina's 6 triples!

Thanks and blessings come to do gooders/

Bijoux

Well Bijoux, I got the whole thing on tape. If it means that much to you, E-Mail me with your address, and I'll send it to you. It was one of Sasha Cohen's rare no-mistake performances. The real surprise, however, was Irina Slutskaya, who also made no mistakes, and appeared to be back at the top of her game. The one scary moment in the whole event was when Miki Ando took a nasty fall, and you can tell that it really hurt. She was dragging that leg a little throughout the rest of the performance.

Kateri

On the Ice
Anyone feel like posting a review, for those of us who can't watch this kind of thing?

'twould be most appreciated!:D

k.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Reviews are in the Other Events folder.
There are also some reviews from people who went to see the event, including dewet's and mine, there.