Polina Edmunds - 2015 USA National Champion? Will She Do it? | Golden Skate

Polina Edmunds - 2015 USA National Champion? Will She Do it?

Taan

On the Ice
:) YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Polina!!! :cheer:

She is the simply the best = best technique ( two tripletriple combos and two lutz and two flips in her long) and best presentation ( ethereal! refined! balletic!)

Gracie+Ashley are impressive, but just not as good skaters, overall?!:think:

Agree or disagree? :think:

Last edited by a moderator:

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
As much as I like Polina, I think she's really going to have to fight diva Wagner for the title and Gracie as well.

Skategmt

On the Ice
I think she is good, but I think the USFSA still believe they have a couple of years of pushing Ashley and Gracie, they don't have to use Polina for a couple more years.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I agree with everyone here, in fact she might have a battle for bronze with Courtney Hicks.

Amei

Record Breaker
I disagree - she's been having issues this season in her international events.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Gracie and Ashley are not as good as Polina? Are we even watching the same skaters? Disagree, she'll most likely take the bronze

Figure 8's

On the Ice
I don't think it will happen this year. In the coming years who knows? Polina has the technical goods but she just needs a little refinement and good chirography.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
I don't think it will happen this year. In the coming years who knows? Polina has the technical goods but she just needs a little refinement and good chirography.

I think Polina's choreography is good this season, Rudy did a great job and I enjoy it a lot more than last years choreography that was (I believe?) done by someone else.
Let her grow into her body and we'll see what happens in the future.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think she has as much of a chance as anybody else. I just think she's not fully baked yet.....And I really wish she'd ditch those juvenile braids!!!! I think if she's to be taken seriously the whole package has to be taken seriously from hair to dress, etc. Look at the transformation Michelle made from her first foray into Seniors to her next!!!! But I think she has a great future ahead of her and will definitely figure in the 2018 Olys

grantrf98

On the Ice
In every sport, if my favorite team isn't playing, I'll always cheer for the underdog. Polina is definitely in the shadows of Gracie and Ashley right now, but it's definitely possible. And I always cheer for the skaters who are my age, so I hope she comes out with the upset!:cheer2:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I like Polina just fine but I have to disagree.

She's not in the same league as Ashley and Gracie this season. Unfortunately, she struggled to get her footing on the GP. Missing those SPs in both events really hurt her overall. The good news is she's skated well in the FS this season (minus a few URs and edge calls). I think she'll have a slight advantage over a few of the other 3rd place contenders b/c of her silver medal but she has to skate well, especially in the SP.

Personally, I feel like Courtney Hicks has a great shot at bronze this year. She's been pretty consistent in terms of her scores this season (totals from both of her GP events were 170+) and she gets amazing GOE on her jumps when she lands them cleanly. I don't find her skating to be nearly as pleasant as Polina's but she's got the speed and explosiveness Polina lacks.

I don't think anyone is a lock for bronze...not even Polina. I think it will be between Polina, Courtney, Mirai and Samantha...and some of the newbies might even challenge for that spot (Karen Chen, Amber Glenn). It should be a pretty good competition!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Probably not, but podium is definitely possible! Seems her SP has been holding her back all season. Still, I wish her well for the competition and look forward to seeing her dreamy FS again. :)

mskater93

Record Breaker
A number of "e" and "!" calls on flips this season, bad SPs and < calls. She's also looking very tentative and her speed has really decreased noticeably this season to date. She'd have to fix every single problem she's had so far and then some to beat Wagner and Gold or these two would have to SERIOUSLY implode, explode, and zamboni the ice all at once for the title to NOT come down to one of these 2.

tommybuffano12

Rinkside
I like Polina just fine but I have to disagree.

She's not in the same league as Ashley and Gracie this season. Unfortunately, she struggled to get her footing on the GP. Missing those SPs in both events really hurt her overall. The good news is she's skated well in the FS this season (minus a few URs and edge calls). I think she'll have a slight advantage over a few of the other 3rd place contenders b/c of her silver medal but she has to skate well, especially in the SP.

Personally, I feel like Courtney Hicks has a great shot at bronze this year. She's been pretty consistent in terms of her scores this season (totals from both of her GP events were 170+) and she gets amazing GOE on her jumps when she lands them cleanly. I don't find her skating to be nearly as pleasant as Polina's but she's got the speed and explosiveness Polina lacks.

I don't think anyone is a lock for bronze...not even Polina. I think it will be between Polina, Courtney, Mirai and Samantha...and some of the newbies might even challenge for that spot (Karen Chen, Amber Glenn). It should be a pretty good competition!

Great points kwanatic--

1.) Wagner
2.) Gold
3.) Nagasu
4.) Hicks/Cesario