2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies Short Program Jan 22 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies Short Program Jan 22

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1/22/2015 7:50pm Senior Ladies Short Program

Entries
USFSA/Icenetwork bios are linked, where they exist. For skaters for whom no IN bio exists, ISU bios will be used, unless otherwise noted.

Mariah Bell
Ashley Cain
Samantha Cesario
Karen Chen
Franchesca Chiera Link to stats on ice
Christina Cleveland Link to stats on ice
Polina Edmunds
Christina Gao
Amber Glenn
Gracie Gold
Courtney Hicks
Leah Keiser
Katie McBeath Link to stats on ice
Hannah Miller
Mirai Nagasu
Tyler Pierce
Ashley Shin
Madison Vinci Link to stats on ice
Ashley Wagner
Angela Wang
Maria Yang Link to stats on ice
Caroline Zhang

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Start order:

1 Caroline Zhang, All Year FSC
2 Ashley Shin, Dallas FSC
3 Amber Glenn, Dallas FSC
4 Angela Wang, Salt Lake Figure Skating
5 Madison Vinci, Washington FSC

6 Christina Cleveland, Strongsville SC
7 Katie McBeath, Westminster FSC of Erie
8 Leah Keiser, All Year FSC
9 Courtney Hicks, All Year FSC
10 Franchesca Chiera, Panthers FSC

11 Polina Edmunds, Peninsula SC
12 Tyler Pierce, All Year FSC
13 Ashley Wagner, SC of Wilmington
14 Maria Yang, Washington FSC
15 Ashley Cain, SC of New York
16 Samantha Cesario, SC of New York

17 Hannah Miller, Lansing SC
18 Christina Gao, SC of Boston
19 Gracie Gold, Wagon Wheel FSC
20 Mariah Bell, Rocky Mountain FSC
21 Karen Chen, Peninsula SC
22 Mirai Nagasu, Pasadena FSC

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/CAT021SEG015.html

via @LynnRutherford

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
^But of course. My heart's not going to be able to take having to wait until the VERY LAST SKATE to see Mirai. I wonder how the groups will be broken up since there are 22. Anyone know what we should expect?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
^But of course. My heart's not going to be able to take having to wait until the VERY LAST SKATE to see Mirai. I wonder how the groups will be broken up since there are 22. Anyone know what we should expect?

I know the ISU has rules on this, not sure if USFSA deviates or has it's own. But I do know I have come across several pages of rules of how the groups work with different numbers online. So at least on the ISU level, it's a formal procedure, not what they feel like.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't like Mariah following Gold. That is not a good spot for her. :no: However...I think Karen Chen is in a prime spot to finish very well after the SP. :yes:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I don't like Mariah following Gold. That is not a good spot for her. :no: However...I think Karen Chen is in a prime spot to finish very well after the SP. :yes:

Mariah has horrid luck with draws it seems. Somehow at Nebelhorn she managed to have to skate first in the short and last in the long. I kinda thought the same thing with her after Gracie.

Then again, her short is a happy program. So even if Gracie nails it, her program would fit the mood of the crowd most likely, they can just keep right on cheering and having a good time. On the other hand if Gracie does not do well, her program will hopefully help liven up a sad crowd, sorta only place to go is up situation. Either way, really as long as she is on, it may not be so bad. Looking good skating after the reigning national champion is not a bad thing.

No, not the place I would want, but still at least she got last group and not last.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
At least i get to enjoy everyone before Mirai comes on.
wISHING all the ladies the best!!!
I hope Christina can redeem herself!!
:cheer2:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I refuse to get my hopes up for anyone at this point. :disapp:

I'm just hoping to see some good skating all around and I pray that the judges don't BS the scores too much.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Interesting start with Zhang? Does anyone know if she has a coach? Is this her final year? Can she ever regain her form at least close to when she was a medallist? If we accept Gracie and Ashley will make the team who is the third lady to go to world's? Polina? Angela? Samantha? Christina? Leah? Karen? Courtenay? Mirai?

Shani

On the Ice
Short program is not seeded and is drawn. Freeskate starting order group depends on short program placement.