Dream Podium/Wishes - Europeans 2015 | Golden Skate

Dream Podium/Wishes - Europeans 2015

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
We've got the predictions game for what we think will happen. This is the thread for what we hope would happen. :cheer2: Which skaters do you want on the podium, and which ones to win it all?

My wishes:

Men: 1. Javier Fernandez 2. Sergei Voronov 3. Michal Brezina (Also rooting for Adian Pitkeev to have a good skate)

Ladies: 1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 2. Elena Radionova 3. Anna Pogorilaya

Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov to win it all. :drama:

Ice Dance: Three wishes- One, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin and Papadakis/Cizeron to place Top 2. Two, Stepanova/Bukin to skate well and get the levels on their twizzles. Three, Cappellini/Lanotte to not have a meltdown, even though this could conflict with Wish #1. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would be fine with your selections, though I'd also be thrilled for Pitkeev to medal, although he is a dark horse. I like Brezina, but I'm not a huge fan.

Actually my dream top 5 would be Fernandez, Voronov, Pitkeev, Amodio, and Brezina. Highly unlikely, but we are dreaming here...

Ladies - Russian sweep, for sure. I'd like to see Mae-Berenice and Elene G. in the top 5, too.

Pairs - K/S, S/K, and Cipres/James (I like Tarasova/Morozov too, but they are young & I think it would be depressing to have Russian sweeps in multiple disciplines...depressing for the non-Russians, anyway!)

Dance - I guess P/C, I/Z and...I dunno, I like most of the others about equally, but I know nothing about the technical side of ice dance, so I'll probably be ok with whoever makes the podium here.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
1. Fernandez (if you don't get gold it will make me sad.)
2. Brezina (it's a dream podium right? I love both his programs)
3. Vornov (keep going at it Uncle Sergei!)

Ladies
1. Elizaveta/Radionova (I caaaan't Chooooose!) May the best lady win.
3. Kiira Korpi (sentiment and love of her skating)

Last edited:

Florencito

Medalist
Let's dream.

Men
1) Fernandez (but please, peak at Worlds!) 2) Brezina 3) Voronov

Ladies
1) Tuktamysheva 2) Radionova 3) Meite (Pogorilaya is so going to rain on my parade!)

Pairs
1) Kavaguti/Smirnov 2-3) Whatever

Ice Dance
1) Papadakis/Cizeron 2) Hurtado/Diaz 3) Coomes/Buckland (love C/L but those programs just turn me off :cry: )

Npmonice

Rinkside
In my dreams :dance:

Men

Gold: PITKEEV

Ladies

Gold: POGORILAYA

Pairs

Gold: KAVAGUTI/SMIRNOV

Dance

Gold: COOMES/BUCKLAND

It's not going to happen but one can dream :laugh:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The obscure hipster that lives within me would really love to see Eveline Brunner make the podium but realistically a top ten finish would be pretty great. I really loved her Choreography this season on the JGP. Speaking of which....I'm assuming this is her senior international debut right? :cheer:

Men: Sergei and Adian make the podium with Kovtun and Javi fighting for the third spot. Hey... I can dream.

Elena and Ruslan need to win it all!!!

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Ladies:

1. Korpi
2. Tuktamysheva
3. V. Helgesson

I just realized I've been Kiira's fan for 10 years! :shocked:

Men:

1. Fernandez
2. Amodio
3. Voronov

The hottest three :biggrin:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I would love to see Kavaguti/Smirnov performing well in a big competition both their splendid programs (it doesn't matter if they don't win, I just don't want disasters) and I'd like Kiira to skate her FS well, too, because she really deserves some satisfaction after all that she's been through :cheer2:

StylishDreaming

Rinkside
Ladies:
1.) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
2.) Elena Radionova
3.) Kiira Korpi

I would LOVE to see Kiira on the podium because she's such an elegant and effortless skater, but I'm afraid she can't keep up with the younger girls technically, and she's only done one competition this season so who knows...

Men:
1.) Javier Fernandez
2.) Sergei Voronov (defend that silver!:dance:)
3.) Michal Brezina

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Men
1. Sergei VORONOV (his highest placement at Euro was 2nd last year, so if his momentum stays as he's shown us this season, he could reach the champion title. However I'd like to blame his low PCS much on the awful programs, especially the free, unsuitable music choice, edit and choreography for top skaters.)
2. Michal BREZINA (his highest placement was 3rd at Euro, but I think his lack of stamina has been a big obstacle for him to archive more)
3. Javier FERNANDEZ (I love his programs, but don't get his PCS scores, especially at GPF. He has no silver and bronze medals at Euro yet)
4. Chafik BESSEGHIER (if they had a pewter medal like U.S. nationals)

Ladies
1. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (she deserves this)
2. Kiirai KORPI (I prefer more diversity in the podium)
3. Mae-Berenice MEITE (she is highly underrated)
4. Anna POGORILAYA (her appearance is stunning, but her skating is unpolished yet)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
My only dream would be for I/Z to win this! (yes, this year probably just a dream... but they will be EC sometime in their career for sure)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Ladies
1. Tuktamysheva (Wishing her to finally win Euros title)
2. Pogorilaya:love: (I wish she could strengthen her place in Russian team)
3. Radionova or Korpi (I would be happy if she is happy for her skate, no matter what the result is)
Dance
1. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin:love: (This will be tough, just dreaming)
2. P/C (They are beautiful but second for me after I/Z)
3. Stepanova/Bukin (Go Eleanor Rigby!! I have no interest on C/L this season)
Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov (I'd love to see them on top again)
Men
No dreams here.

Bufo viridis

Rinkside
Ladies:
1. Elena - I want herto continue her streak
2. Liza - same as elena. Don't care which one gets the gold actually.
3. Anna - I just like her, lol

Men:
1. Fernandez
2. Voronov
3. Kovtun - what he needs is motivation and confidence to improve. A medal in an international event will give him that.

russell30

Final Flight
Dream Podium well!

Men:
1) Javi (love the transitions)
2) Voronov (love his FS this year)
3) Amodio (always entertains, love his SP this year)

Ladies:
1) Liza (love her Oriental themed FS this year)
2) Kiira (just so glad to see her back, sentimental fan of hers)
3) V Helgesson (would be so good for her, glad she reprised her Sunset Boulevard FS, sentimental fan of hers)

Pairs:

1) Kavaguti/Smirnov (there FS has the WOW! factor, glad to see them back)
2) James/Cipres (great technicians when on form)
3) Tarasova/Morozov (love there FS)

Dance:

1) Papadakis/Cizeron (it just has to be, best FD out there!)
2) Coomes/Buckland (well Im patriotic here! go Penny and Nick - great FD to Muse)
3) Ilynykh/Zhiganshin (so proud of them after what had happened to them both - hope they do well)

paulusfr

On the Ice
I'm russian so everything is obvious :biggrin:
Men:
1. Pitkeev
2. Voronov
3. Kovtun

Ladies:
1. Liza
2. Elena
3. Anna