Nathan Chen to win Gold?? | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen to win Gold??

Taan

On the Ice
:shocked: Tara Lipinski said on NBC today that Nathan Chen was her pick to win the Senior Men's National title!!! :shocked:
Is she on the money or off her rocker???!! :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't think it's possible. He showed great promise several years, but right now his jumps are just not there. In fact, his jumps are very small even for a small person.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And did you see the way Johnny looked at her when she said it? Nathan shows great promise, but gotta agree with Johnny here.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
:shocked: Tara Lipinski said on NBC today that Nathan Chen was her pick to win the Senior Men's National title!!! :shocked:
Is she on the money or off her rocker???!!:shocked:

Uh that is cray cray. Unless he's got two quads and two axels, there's no way. I'd have him pegged for barely making top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimeonji

Final Flight
If he lands his quads he could podium, given the consistency of his nonaxel triples and his layouts. No way he's going to win without a 3A, but I would not be surprised if he even got a silver.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
if he can land everything that he has planned it is a possiblity, but propably he will not have a PCS to do that, but "if" applies to most of top US skaters ; d

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He has a good shot at bronze and being in the Top 6. His body is still growing (he's matured a lot since one year ago - when he still looked like a little boy) and that might cause him some issues. I think he has a better chance next year at grabbing the gold if he doesn't get injured.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When skaters are young, it seems like they either become panicked and skate poorly, or they approach the competition without fear and skate lights out.

I'm hoping he does well. An awful lot would have to fall exactly correct for him to win, but I don't think any of us would be shocked if multiple meltdowns opened the door for him to make the podium.

Although I'm not picking him to do it, I wouldn't mind him making the WC team.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worst thing for Nathan at this point of his career would be to win Nationals at such a young age. He's been hyped since he was about 11 years old but he needs to develop at his own pace and not have even more pressure.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Any word on his possible injury? Am I even looking in the right thread?

Obviously he won't win now, but I agree with those who said that the worst thing that could happen would be for him to win this year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well there are worst things than winning Nationals! But what about his injury/treatment -any news???